Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hard to believe Parker has been gone for a month...RIP. I hope you get justice and your sisters stay safe. JMOOO.

It’s an abomination.

Every day we read about children dying for all kinds of horrid reasons. Disease, freak accidents, whatever but IMO neglect leading to death is the worst, because it’s so avoidable. So many parents are out there begging for their children to be well and some moron T*H*U*G* like this comes along and chooses everything but his baby.

I don’t at all mean to make a stupid pun but my eye always sees “Parker” and thinks “he parked her.”

Poor little sweetheart, suffering so.

Something is very off here. This is a parent who lost custody of another child, in part because of the same dangerous behavior. This is a parent who stole two beers from a convenience store while in the presence of and driving his children.

This is a man who lied to police from the start.

Yet the judge seems to buy into the ‘pillar of the community’ storyline.

Why?
And he is married to a physician who continues to defend him.

I think he looks much better actually. He looks like he dropped 30 lbs. overnight
He does look less puffy. He must’ve been drinking quite a bit. Most people would lose their appetite in this situation too. Not sure how that works for him.

I didn’t recognize him at first. He cleaned up good. Looked like a professional. He also looked like he was quite put out, as if he had somewhere else to be.

Arizona father pleads not guilty in daughter’s hot car death​

Video covers some additional text messaging new to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, sleuths, what's next? Per the article posted above, "A case management hearing is scheduled for next month and pretrial conference is in October." What is a case management hearing? This guy is essentially free indefinitely? Unless he screws up again, and it's not unlikely that he will, IMO. Maybe he'll steal some more beer and THAT will put him behind bars.

So this thread has been moving quickly--another question: there's been discussion about CS not paying child support for his oldest daughter. If that's true, isn't that alone reason for an arrest? In my state it is, even if the "flagrant non-supporter" is an unemployed man child.

Which leads me to something else. The oldest daughter's mother is deceased and she was taken in by a friend's mother. In don't know why that makes it so much worse to me. I mean, I know some parents withhold the money because they're angry at the ex, or because they think they don't need the money. Of course I'm not saying that's RIGHT, but in this case it's like CS just doesn't care if his daughter goes without. And I know it's not his wife's responsibility, but you'd think she would care a bit about this child who lived with them for several years.

And none of that has to do with Parker's murder. It just further proves, IMO, what loathsome people these two are. I have no sympathy for either.

I think he looks much better actually. He looks like he dropped 30 lbs. overnight
I think the stress alone would do it to you. One minute you’ve got the “perfect” life (on social media), the next, you’ve got a dead child and are being charged with murder. His own fault, of course, but I can think of few situations more stressful.

So, sleuths, what's next? Per the article posted above, "A case management hearing is scheduled for next month and pretrial conference is in October." What is a case management hearing? This guy is essentially free indefinitely? Unless he screws up again, and it's not unlikely that he will, IMO. Maybe he'll steal some more beer and THAT will put him behind bars.

So this thread has been moving quickly--another question: there's been discussion about CS not paying child support for his oldest daughter. If that's true, isn't that alone reason for an arrest? In my state it is, even if the "flagrant non-supporter" is an unemployed man child.

Which leads me to something else. The oldest daughter's mother is deceased and she was taken in by a friend's mother. In don't know why that makes it so much worse to me. I mean, I know some parents withhold the money because they're angry at the ex, or because they think they don't need the money. Of course I'm not saying that's RIGHT, but in this case it's like CS just doesn't care if his daughter goes without. And I know it's not his wife's responsibility, but you'd think she would care a bit about this child who lived with them for several years.

And none of that has to do with Parker's murder. It just further proves, IMO, what loathsome people these two are. I have no sympathy for either.
It does show the possibility of his negligence, his daughters trapped in the car or his other daughter being motherless and orphaned is less important than his own frivolties. He does these horrible things knowing the dangers and pain for the children but prioritzing himself first.

IMO, I feel like we'll hear about CS again in some way or another soon--this wasn't a wake-up call for him, a child died and what we've seen from him has been performative at best, he seems incapable of understanding how to prioritize responsibilities, and a wife who seems complacent with enabling that behavior--he will inevitably pull some sort of other negligent behavior again if left unchecked.

I don't currently think either of these parents wants to hurt their children---but they will, whether that's through emotional neglect or actual physical abuse.

ETA: I'm also just so torn because the surviving children are going through some of the most intense trauma you could ever put on a child... and they absolutely need stability right now.... and what does stable even look like for these girls?

How tragic all around for all the children

The wording of the text messages from the mom to CS about his past judgements errors— leaving kids alone in the car, drinking and speeding might actually be strategic.

It’s possible that she has been considering/ planning a divorce and was slowly building a case with documentation.

In most states, custody is awarded 50/50. Perhaps their mom thought that by staying together and”supervising” him while she builds a case is better than putting them with CS 50% , knowing what a train wreck that would be.

It could be she feels guilt over her plan and thinks the additional stress (if CS was aware) might have caused him to take these unholy risks with precious little Parker. She had no idea it would all end so disastrously. The guilt she feels might explain her pleas to the judge and physical displays with CS.

TL/DR— mom was already planning to divorce the guy, had a plan in motion, but he was even more negligent than she ever imagined.

Just another possibility, IMO. None of us know the dynamics of their relationship.

IMO, I feel like we'll hear about CS again in some way or another soon--this wasn't a wake-up call for him, a child died and what we've seen from him has been performative at best, he seems incapable of understanding how to prioritize responsibilities, and a wife who seems complacent with enabling that behavior--he will inevitably pull some sort of other negligent behavior again if left unchecked.

I don't currently think either of these parents wants to hurt their children---but they will, whether that's through emotional neglect or actual physical abuse.

ETA: I'm also just so torn because the surviving children are going through some of the most intense trauma you could ever put on a child... and they absolutely need stability right now.... and what does stable even look like for these girls?
I'm not sure his motives toward his oldest have been pure as the driven snow, MOOO.

His CS in arrears and future obligations may have been addressed in the legal actions removing her and his relinquishing custody.

I wish all 3 girls nothing but the best.

That one has been removed and one murdered and nothing fundamentally has been compelled to change makes further tragedy of some kind seem far too likely. That she wanted to get the young kids to watch him be arrested after they told LE he had been playing games says an awful lot about her as a person and mother and where her priorities like. As if witness tampering re: grieving scared young kids was not enough, she wanted to really bring out the big trauma guns to perhaps punish or shut them up. JMOOO.

If the kids physically survive until adulthood I fear for their well being re: life and relationship choices when grown. The oldest is a teen mom but at least had the grounding of her own mom when very young and after removal from the Scholtes home. The younger 2 lost her after she lived there for years, traumatically lost baby sis, and have never known a more stable home or adult/parent figure. SMH. Wish all the girls good and safe lives. MOOO.

The wording of the text messages from the mom to CS about his past judgements errors— leaving kids alone in the car, drinking and speeding might actually be strategic.

It’s possible that she has been considering/ planning a divorce and was slowly building a case with documentation.

In most states, custody is awarded 50/50. Perhaps their mom thought that by staying together and”supervising” him while she builds a case is better than putting them with CS 50% , knowing what a train wreck that would be.

It could be she feels guilt over her plan and thinks the additional stress (if CS was aware) might have caused him to take these unholy risks with his precious child. She had no idea it would all end so disastrously. The guilt she feels might explain her pleas to the judge and physical displays with CS.

TL/DR— mom was already planning to divorce the guy, had a plan in motion, but he was even more negligent than she ever imagined.

Just another possibility, IMO. None of us know the dynamics of their relationship.
We don't but the 2 different body cam vids show glimpses. Also showed LE stopping ES from going to get the 5 & 9 year olds so they could see CS being removed in handcuffs, in part due to the truth of their interviews. That said a lot about her as a mother IMHO.

Here we go - a guy being catered to by his domineering wife, being allowed to prioritize play - as in very likely something prescribed or illegal - over his kids.

He seems to get away with it by constantly stroking her ego.
I'm not sure I see her as domineering. Very co-dependent, definitely. The family system is like a cult revolving around CS as the deity and his chaos. The bodycam videos were quite something. She gives life and death power over all to him. But he has it. And even when kids are removed or murdered, she doubles down on fawning, protecting and appeasing him. IMHO he dominates with passive aggressive behavior. Her mom is an active "acolyte" too, this is likely multi generational dysfunction. She can't seem to see that safety is the most important value, and focus should be on kids. Her drive is to protect and change this loser as if that is the route to a good family, even now she is unconscious of her cognitive errors. All just MOOO.

SBM
And of course in these situations there is a strong instinct and incentive for the traumatized children to cling to and idealize the parents— because it’s all they’ve known, and it feels safer not to upend things.

I'm not sure I see her as domineering. Very co-dependent, definitely. The family system is like a cult revolving around CS as the deity and his chaos. The bodycam videos were quite something. She gives life and death power over all to him. But he has it. And even when kids are removed or murdered, she doubles down on fawning, protecting and appeasing him. IMHO he dominates with passive aggressive behavior. All just MOOO.
I agree. I don’t see her as domineering. From the outside looking in, my impression is she is either cowed or lovestruck.

If she as an accomplished woman wants to be married to a scoundrel, that’s her business BUT NOT WHEN A HUSBAND MURDERS YOUR CHILD.

If this isn’t a wake-up call for her, and it certainly doesn’t appear to be, then nothing will change in that household unless the courts step in and shut it all down.
That doesn’t appear to be happening, either.

IMO

I actually think we've seen a bit of game playing here.

I think ES almost certainly worked out that her texts show she was aware of the risks he took with the children's lives (dangers of - leaving them in a hot car, not supervising them, dui and speeding) and she also did not protect them.

I think her actions when they came to arrest CS - acting as if she had forgiven him, reasonable and amiable towards LE, then lying to the judge when she said it was not representative of him and bigging him up, are a play. I think she's saving arse, and we'll see her try to change the context of her messages if this goes to trial.

MOO

ES graduated from med school in 2019. An Anesthesiology residency takes 4 years. So 2023-2024 is her first year of making a large ‘physician’s salary.’

They certainly could afford childcare at this point. The DM reports numerous vacations this year…with and without the children.

‘Erika and Chris took frequent holidays in the past year - posting about their adventures on social media.

They went skiing in Banff in February, with their older daughters in tow, and took a beach holiday to Cancun in March with the whole family.

The couple also traveled through Europe in June, Seattle in October, and Sedona in June last year, just the two of them.’

Even though he repeatedly left the children In the car, and she knew it…once she started making a large salary and could afford to do so…she did not make alternative arrangements for the safety of the children

CS definitely cleans up well. I didn't even recognize him. Looks like he even has a job. LOL.

This guy had ONE job, to watch the kids while his wife was at work. He couldn't even manage this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleepy2024
Back