Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you, @Normancita

Until now I haven’t watched any video footage of this. Too difficult.

I did watch this and for some reason, watching him get himself ice water infuriated me.

He baked his baby to death. But got himself plenty of ice water.

The cognitive dissonance kills me.

That and his idiotic demands to take a shower.

JMO
And to keep questioning the police officer about the showering…the police officer who was only there because he just caused the death of his baby girl!

Thank you, @Normancita

Until now I haven’t watched any video footage of this. Too difficult.

I did watch this and for some reason, watching him get himself a cup of ice water infuriated me.

He baked his baby to death. But got himself plenty of ice water.

The cognitive dissonance kills me.

That and his idiotic demands to take a shower.

JMO
As soon as he was filling himself the iced water I was screaming NO ! at this video . The sheer lack of awareness at this action after her baking to death .
Wanting to shower , I think he was trying to freshen himself up after his alcohol consumption .

Don't worry, another section of the first degree murder statute would potentially apply to him too:

2. Acting either alone or with one or more other persons the person commits or attempts to commit sexual conduct with a minor under section 13-1405, sexual assault under section 13-1406, molestation of a child under section 13-1410, terrorism under section 13-2308.01, marijuana offenses under section 13-3405, subsection A, paragraph 4, dangerous drug offenses under section 13-3407, subsection A, paragraphs 4 and 7, narcotics offenses under section 13-3408, subsection A, paragraph 7 that equal or exceed the statutory threshold amount for each offense or combination of offenses, involving or using minors in drug offenses under section 13-3409, drive by shooting under section 13-1209, kidnapping under section 13-1304, burglary under section 13-1506, 13-1507 or 13-1508, arson under section 13-1703 or 13-1704, robbery under section 13-1902, 13-1903 or 13-1904, escape under section 13-2503 or 13-2504, child abuse under section 13-3623, subsection A, paragraph 1 or unlawful flight from a pursuing law enforcement vehicle under section 28-622.01 and, in the course of and in furtherance of the offense or immediate flight from the offense, the person or another person causes the death of any person.

BBM to highlight relevant portions
THANK YOU!!

More INFURIATING footage can be found here:

*NOTE: He insists on showering before going to the hospital but LE won’t let him.

*LE have to remind him that his dogs have been left outside in 109 heat and ask Scholtes if he should bring them in before leaving for the hospital
Thanks for providing this. It’s a lot more than originally released. He doesn’t really come across as very upset. And I didn’t hear him once say her name.

Where did the info come from re: the neighbors having them earlier? Sorry if I missed it.
It’s in the video I posted above, between the 7:22 and 7:35 mark.

He said the neighbor took the two older girls to ‘Elevate.’ It’s a trampoline park:

He said the neighbor took the two older girls to ‘Elevate.’ It’s a trampoline park:
Yes, he said they’d been at Elevate with the neighbors and had been dropped off around 230 (or something like that). But remember that was the time he said he and Parker got home too. So the girls maybe got home earlier too, depending on whatever narrative he was trying to form.

More INFURIATING footage can be found here:

*NOTE: He insists on showering before going to the hospital but LE won’t let him.

*LE have to remind him that his dogs have been left outside in 109 heat and ask Scholtes if he should bring them in before leaving for the hospital

I hope if this makes it to trial, that every second of these videos will be shown so the jury can see how little he cares about any living being other than himself. I don’t have words to describe this guy that won’t get me a time out.

WAKE UP ERIKA!!! Do it for Parker!

Thanks for providing this. It’s a lot more than originally released. He doesn’t really come across as very upset. And I didn’t hear him once say her name.

As soon as he was filling himself the iced water I was screaming NO ! at this video . The sheer lack of awareness at this action after her baking to death .
Wanting to shower , I think he was trying to freshen himself up after his alcohol consumption .
His affect seems so fake to me. Chris Watts did better. Both are child killers. The ice water in the circumstances was a surprising choice. Maybe trying to dilute his BAC or something, JMOOO.

Thanks. So they were having such a happy day, then tragedy. I had to turn the sound off at times, I found the video so unsetting to watch.

He doesn't seem to grasp that he should be distraught about Parker, or try to appear to be, even when she is being worked on feet away in the home, rather than HIMSELF. JMOOO. Even in front of LE with bodycams. Since ES said he was "mean" to her he likely speaks to her in the same tone. He just seems to off and disconnected from what is going on on the one hand but was actively trying to shape a false narrative immediately.

Was it just me or did he walk odd? Was his gait off or was he just drunk?
Might have wanted the shower to "sober up." And was trying to pound water, perhaps to dilute BAC. Parker outside in 109 F, dogs outside in 109 F (pointed out by LE, did CS remember them?) and CS playing Mario Cart like he's 11. SMH. JMOOO.

I hate to admit it but his wife is as much to blame as he is. I didn’t want to believe it at the beginning. But after seeing her text messages that he had been known for leaving his kids in the car on numerous occasions has definitely changed my mind. He should get the harshest punishment while she should get a lesser one. Both put their babies in harms way every single day. They both deserve punishment. Imo

I hope if this makes it to trial, that every second of these videos will be shown so the jury can see how little he cares about any living being other than himself. I don’t have words to describe this guy that won’t get me a time out.

WAKE UP ERIKA!!! Do it for Parker!
Seriously, this case is making me want to write an open letter to her. A billboard telling her to wake up would be nice, too.

Might have wanted the shower to "sober up." And was trying to pound water, perhaps to dilute BAC. Parker outside in 109 F, dogs outside in 109 F (pointed out by LE, did CS remember them?) and CS playing Mario Cart like he's 11. SMH. JMOOO.
Hey, let's not diss Mario Kart. I'm way older than 11 and I like that game. The point isn't what game he was playing but that he was exhibiting criminally negligent parenting, MOO.

From the link:
They asked Christopher to come to the front door where they preceeded to tell the Scholtes couple that Christopher would be charged.

"Oh my god," Christopher exclaimed as he dropped to all fours instantly. Officers then proceeded to explain the next steps in the criminal proceedings.

"Can he say bye to our kids?" Scholtes' wife asked. Officers denied the request.

The conversation then switched to Scholtes' attendance of his daughter's funeral.

"Can I go to my baby's funeral?" Scholtes asked. Officers said that "would be up to the courts."

The link also has about 15 minutes of video from each officer’s body cam. Basically it repeats the arrest from different points of view. Nothing new but watching CS totally shut down and drop to the floor reinforced what posters here have been saying, that it’s all about him.

Oh, and one of the officers decided to double lock the handcuffs. Interesting, I wonder if CS’ behavior put them on alert?

IANAL so take everything I say with a grain of salt. But your interpretation sounds to me like felony murder. I’m sure there’s a felony murder charge and they could’ve just charged that instead. I would be really surprised if a murder 1 charge doesn’t require the state to prove intent. That is basic law. Intent, malice and forethought are the basic elements the state has to prove in every murder charge.

I would be really curious as to the jury instructions for the murder charge in this case.

JMO
I don’t recall which news program I read this, it was on thread 1, shortly after the 2nd hearing. The reporter explained the charge was upgraded to 1st degree murder because of the felony child abuse charge.

When LE interviewed his 16 yr old she stated on one occasion he left her in the car for 5 hours while he worked. She had to continually restart the AC. She claimed he left all of them alone in the car. His 2 little girls (ages 5 & 9) interviewed said he left all 3 in the car alone 59 times! This time he was distracted, putting away his food & playing PS5. He made a sandwich for the 5 yr old shortly before 4:00, still didn’t trigger him to wonder what Parker was up to.

ES texted Chris in route to the ER, I told you not to leave them alone in the car! How many times have I told you?

When Parker was taken to the hospital LE interviewed Chris. When asked about the amount of time she had been in the car; I want to say not more than 30 or 45 minutes. He explained he had checked on her, the AC was running & she was still asleep. Video from a security camera shows he never checked on her, not even once in over 3 hours. In this newest video a LEO asked Chris if he had left Parker alone in the car before, he said no. His baby had just died and Chris was in CYA mode.

I don’t recall which news program I read this, it was on thread 1, shortly after the 2nd hearing. The reporter explained the charge was upgraded to 1st degree murder because of the felony child abuse charge.

When LE interviewed his 16 yr old she stated on one occasion he left her in the car for 5 hours while he worked. She had to continually restart the AC. She claimed he left all of them alone in the car. His 2 little girls (ages 5 & 9) interviewed said he left all 3 in the car alone 59 times! This time he was distracted, putting away his food & playing PS5. He made a sandwich for the 5 yr old shortly before 4:00, still didn’t trigger him to wonder what Parker was up to.

ES texted Chris in route to the ER, I told you not to leave them alone in the car! How many times have I told you?

When Parker was taken to the hospital LE interviewed Chris. When asked about the amount of time she had been in the car; I want to say not more than 30 or 45 minutes. He explained he had checked on her, the AC was running & she was still asleep. Video from a security camera shows he never checked on her, not even once in over 3 hours. In this newest video a LEO asked Chris if he had left Parker alone in the car before, he said no. His baby had just died and Chris was in CYA mode.
One newscast featured a defense lawyer not connected to the case. He said it’s possible the upgraded charge may be because the investigation uncovered a pattern of prior incidences where CS has engaged in this behavior. He also spoke about felony murder due to child abuse rather than premeditation.

Sounds right on to me. IMO CS repeatedly leaving the kids in the car and his drinking will be major factors in the case whether it goes to trial or gets pleaded down in a deal. IOW I believe he will serve time; it’s just a matter of how much. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20
Back