Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seriously, his story isn't even credible. Who parks their car out in the summer sun with a child inside and leaves the AC on and the vehicle running for hours to keep from interrupting the child's nap? Wouldn't any reasonable parent pick the child up and bring them inside, rather than just let a vehicle run with the price of gas so high and the possibility of gas fumes making their way into the vehicle?

His story is non believable based on just this:

When asked about the amount of time she had been in the car; I want to say not more than 30 or 45 minutes. He explained he had checked on her, the AC was running & she was still asleep.

Why check on her if it was only 30 minutes? Why not take her out. No one is buying any of your story. He infuriates me to no end.

When asked about the amount of time she had been in the car; I want to say not more than 30 or 45 minutes. He explained he had checked on her, the AC was running & she was still asleep.

Why check on her if it was only 30 minutes? Why not take her out. No one is buying any of your story. He infuriates me to no end.
his excuse was going to be that he checked on her because of the car's turn off feature. And that if she was awake at that time he would have removed her.

But since him ever checking on her at all is a bold faced lie, it really doesn't matter. Thankful for neighbor video cameras facing the Scholtes home.

Seriously, his story isn't even credible. Who parks their car out in the summer sun with a child inside and leaves the AC on and the vehicle running for hours to keep from interrupting the child's nap? Wouldn't any reasonable parent pick the child up and bring them inside, rather than just let a vehicle run with the price of gas so high and the possibility of gas fumes making their way into the vehicle?

Yeah. Like he is "Father of the Year" for leaving a toddler in a car when it is over 100 degrees. "Checked on her". Of course. Why not bring her in the house?! Crazy lie. Made zero sense.

Him even saying 45 minutes as an end range there is SO wild. Like he's acknowledged that he is aware that the car shuts off after 30 minutes. So even if he was being completely honest here, that's an admission that he knowingly left her outside in a car that was not on for 15 minutes, which is plenty enough time for her to get extremely overheated and die.

This guy is awful.

I think if the state is allowed to get in previous repeated child neglect of his other children along with the child victim in this case - this is a slam dunk case. But I don’t know if the state would be allowed to do that. I think it may be considered pattern evidence of the aggravated child abuse charge and allowed in. We’ll see. Otherwise they would only be allowed to show a pattern of child neglect of the child victim. That might make the case weaker. Idk. Just thinking out loud. I think other children testifying about being left in the car for many hours repeatedly makes it a much more compelling case for the jury.

JMO

His affect seems so fake to me. Chris Watts did better. Both are child killers. The ice water in the circumstances was a surprising choice. Maybe trying to dilute his BAC or something, JMOOO.

Thanks. So they were having such a happy day, then tragedy. I had to turn the sound off at times, I found the video so unsetting to watch.

He doesn't seem to grasp that he should be distraught about Parker, or try to appear to be, even when she is being worked on feet away in the home, rather than HIMSELF. JMOOO. Even in front of LE with bodycams. Since ES said he was "mean" to her he likely speaks to her in the same tone. He just seems to off and disconnected from what is going on on the one hand but was actively trying to shape a false narrative immediately.
100%. It’s as though a completely different bad event other than unaliving his baby took place….

His affect seems so fake to me. Chris Watts did better. Both are child killers. The ice water in the circumstances was a surprising choice. Maybe trying to dilute his BAC or something, JMOOO.

Thanks. So they were having such a happy day, then tragedy. I had to turn the sound off at times, I found the video so unsetting to watch.

He doesn't seem to grasp that he should be distraught about Parker, or try to appear to be, even when she is being worked on feet away in the home, rather than HIMSELF. JMOOO. Even in front of LE with bodycams. Since ES said he was "mean" to her he likely speaks to her in the same tone. He just seems to off and disconnected from what is going on on the one hand but was actively trying to shape a false narrative immediately.
He’s so much in lie lie lie mode, that he couldn’t shift to being in grief mode.

his excuse was going to be that he checked on her because of the car's turn off feature. And that if she was awake at that time he would have removed her.

But since him ever checking on her at all is a bold faced lie, it really doesn't matter. Thankful for neighbor video cameras facing the Scholtes home.

I wonder if the police have or will subpoena the Scholtes' home security footage. I assume they have cameras too. Of course he probably deleted it all since it contradicts his stories.

CS Left Daughter(s?) in Vehicle 59 TIMES? Not 50? Not 60?

The "59 times" surfaced fairly early, iirc, it was in the upgraded M-1 charge.
Regardless somehow I've missed the exact basis or source of "59 times."
Sorry no source or link, but maybe based on LE interviews w CS' oldest dau?

A bit difficult for me to imagine that the 5 yo or 9 yo would respond w "59 times," unless it was just a guess. Seems like kids & ppl gen'ly tend to round off.
Could LE have arrived at "59 times" by reviewing digital data/telematics from vehicle's "black box?"

Or did I miss something or just plain misread?

In this circumstance, with officers at the house, do they automatically test him for alcohol and drugs? The reason I ask this is because his mannerisms look to me like someone who mixes alcohol and pills (xanax). I feel like his movements are jerky and exaggerated. Also, I think he was trying to go take a shower to either ingest more booze or pills or harm himself. ALL JMO

CS Left Daughter(s?) in Vehicle 59 TIMES? Not 50? Not 60?

The "59 times" surfaced fairly early, iirc, it was in the upgraded M-1 charge.
Regardless somehow I've missed the exact basis or source of "59 times."
Sorry no source or link, but maybe based on LE interviews w CS' oldest dau?

A bit difficult for me to imagine that the 5 yo or 9 yo would respond w "59 times," unless it was just a guess. Seems like kids & ppl gen'ly tend to round off.
Could LE have arrived at "59 times" by reviewing digital data/telematics from vehicle's "black box?"

Or did I miss something or just plain misread?
I opined earlier about the 59. I think it’s just kids language. How many times? A lot. More than 20? Yes. More than 50? Yes. 59.

59 is a large number. So in translation from kids language, it means a lot. My opinion as a mom.

More INFURIATING footage can be found here:

*NOTE: He insists on showering before going to the hospital but LE won’t let him.

*LE have to remind him that his dogs have been left outside in 109 heat and ask Scholtes if he should bring them in before leaving for the hospital
@2:42 in the video, CS asks TWICE “are you guys here for me?”
His indignance is appalling.

I hope they can get security video from wherever he was with Parker prior to going back home. Willing to bet he left her in the car while shopping for his Lululemon, or whatever he was up to.

jmo

Are the surviving children still in the custody of the mother?

As of 7/12, “Scholtes' stated she is taking an extended leave from work to care for their children during this time.”

CS is home on bond, right? No unsupervised time with kids allowed; however, I would not consider the children safe around him - at all.

jmo

Something is very off here. This is a parent who lost custody of another child, in part because of the same dangerous behavior. This is a parent who stole two beers from a convenience store while in the presence of and driving his children.

This is a man who lied to police from the start.

Yet the judge seems to buy into the ‘pillar of the community’ storyline.

Why?
This is my biggest concern here. I get that maybe a lot of info about CS was not known at the first hearing but by the second hearing, why on earth did the prosecutor not argue that CS needed to be held on the following basis: “Your honor, the defendant has a history of similar abuse and neglect. Texts show that he repeatedly left his children alone in the car, drove at dangerous speeds with them in the car and stole and drank alcohol prior to driving with the now-deceased child.

He has tampered with Witnesses including those he would reside with if he is released thus jeopardizing the prosecution. He has a history of Failing to respect court orders to the point that a civil arrest warrant was issued. He previously had a child removed from his custody. Finally, he has a criminal history. For the following reasons we believe he must be remanded into custody to await trial or at the very least held on house arrest with monitoring outside of the family home with a court order prohibiting contact with the remaining children to ensure their safety and the integrity of their testimony.”

If I can write all that out from what I know from WS when the prosecutor would know so much more including whatever the sealed arrest was, why is that not happening here. I so concerned that the “accident” narrative seems to be working in some way. I can’t for the life of me figure out why the leniency!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back