FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only evidence that’s less than 2 years old (that is meaningful) is her text to Dan re if he was planning to travel the week of the murder. ’.
Potential new evidence incriminating WA:
- text from DM to WA "and now you're not guilty?"
- emails and texts from Sara Yousef
- emails from Orin Snyder
- Whatsapp messages between CA and WA on day of the bump
- WA's intention to leave TL prior to the murder, closing down internet and cable accounts, OK Cupid data etc
- plus all the upcoming depositions and interviews from the likes of her lunch dates and TV repair guy

Once DA is convicted, it's not going to be hard for a jury to put all the puzzle pieces together and convict WA. I also believe CA is going to throw WA under the bus. He doesn't have to be obvious about it, accidentally on purpose. He stated to KM he ad been on Whatsapp all day with WA on the day of the bump, he can confirm, when asked on the stand, that he had told her about the bump.

I also think think that in WA's emails to SY, she has stated that she is innocent, but has inferred her family was involved in DM's murder. If that's true and it comes out at trial, then CA will be extremely motivated to turn on his sister. He already has, to some extent, listening to the jailhouse calls. He must me extremely embittered and when he sees the state of his Mum in court and how much she is suffering, he will be even more enraged at his sister who is living footloose and fancy free whilst they rot in jail. They are not going to stay quiet and allow WA to live free. This is not how sociopaths operate.

Last edited:
Potential new evidence incriminating WA:
- text from DM to WA "and now you're not guilty?"
- emails and texts from Sara Yousef
- emails from Orin Snyder
- Whatsapp messages between CA and WA on day of the bump
- WA's intention to leave TL prior to the murder, closing down internet and cable accounts, OK Cupid data etc
- plus all the upcoming depositions and interviews from the likes of her lunch dates and TV repair guy

Once DA is convicted, it's not going to be hard for a jury to put all the puzzle pieces together and convict WA. I also believe CA is going to throw WA under the bus. He doesn't have to be obvious about it, accidentally on purpose. He stated to KM he ad been on Whatsapp all day with WA on the day of the bump, he can confirm, when asked on the stand, that he had told her about the bump.

I also think think that in WA's emails to SY, she has stated that she is innocent, but has inferred her family was involved in DM's murder. If that's true and it comes out at trial, then CA will be extremely motivated to turn on his sister. He already has, to some extent, listening to the jailhouse calls. He must me extremely embittered and when he sees the state of his Mum in court and how much she is suffering, he will be even more enraged at his sister who is living footloose and fancy free whilst they rot in jail. They are not going to stay quiet and allow WA to live free. This is not how sociopaths operate.

Re the WhatsApp messages on the day (?) of the bump, there is no content - so it’s meaningless from an evidentiary perspective. Also, all Charlie said was (paraphrasing) - “I was sending WhatsApp messages all day to several people Wendi being one of them”. Also, not sure that was said on the day of the bump, I believe it was ‘around’ the timeframe but not in that day. Not sure how this is evidence?

First I’m hearing about closing internet / cable - where did this info come from? I’m surprised I never heard that. I’m aware of the OkCupid activity, but unless she was lining up dates in Miami, it’s meaningless to me - is that the case?

Re the Donna text, that can be interpreted either way. The other stuff you mentioned was not moved to public record. Yes we know it exists, but we don’t know the content so I’m not going to assume it’s anything inculpatory.

Start @36:50. Where he starts talking after the hearing yesterday.
WOWZI!! @Going Rogue—are you now more convinced your gal is not innocent/part of?
Wendi re: DMs life insurance policy.

Thanks Mentour.
We can have a nice conversation on this one.

Wow Donna looks really weatherbeaten and tired.

I'm very surprised at how tired she looks. What a stupid way to have behaved, throwing a life of luxury and privilege that most folks could only dream of for spite, anger and nastiness.

I've no sympathy for her at all and as my Irish granny would have said "well now yer've made yer bed ye can sleep in it too."

My sympathy lies with the Markel family - what a disaster it was for their son to cross paths with Wendi!

Re the WhatsApp messages on the day (?) of the bump, there is no content - so it’s meaningless from an evidentiary perspective. Also, all Charlie said was (paraphrasing) - “I was sending WhatsApp messages all day to several people Wendi being one of them”. Also, not sure that was said on the day of the bump, I believe it was ‘around’ the timeframe but not in that day. Not sure how this is evidence?

First I’m hearing about closing internet / cable - where did this info come from? I’m surprised I never heard that. I’m aware of the OkCupid activity, but unless she was lining up dates in Miami, it’s meaningless to me - is that the case?

Re the Donna text, that can be interpreted either way. The other stuff you mentioned was not moved to public record. Yes we know it exists, but we don’t know the content so I’m not going to assume it’s anything inculpatory.
Re the Whatsapp messages. I'm pretty sure it the was the day of the bump and CA stated to KM "I've been messaging my sister all day on WhatsApp." That's verbatim or close to (I think). Obviously there isn't going to be any content, but two important factors with this:

1. it's incriminating that after minimal contact between WA and CA, shortly after the bump there is a flurry of text messages and phone calls. The jury don't need any context. The volume of calls/messages is enough as it's on the day of the bump. And its an opportunity for GC to encourage CA and WA to lie, look foolish and incriminate themselves further. Because they're going to have some lamo excuse why they sent 50+ text messages e.g maybe arranging to get a hair dryer repaired.

2.The Whatsapp messages are an opportunity for CA to throw WA under the bus.

I'll have to dig up the info closing the cable account. It was on Reddit.

Re Ok Cupid activity, speculation on my part, but remember we are talking about someone that is extremely impulsive, erratic and reckless. She has admitted on the stand, she messaged guys on OK Cupid the week of the murder to arrange dates. Now some have said that was to create some sort of alibi to show she wanted to stay in Tallahassee. But then she messaged guys on Ok Cupid, the day after DM was buried.

This shows someone that is completely lacking in empathy. If she really thought LE or the courts would be looking at her OK Cupid data there is no way she would have messaged guys in Miami shortly after the father of her kids was executed. That's something she'd want to keep secret, so I'd wager that the guys she was messaging before DM was shot were based in Miami. That's why GC brought it up.

The family as a whole shared their finances. I think Rashbaum was the “family” attorney even though technically he was Donna and Harveys. In Yiddish you call it Mishpookah.
KNITPICKER, Looked up DR public info and he specialized in white-collar criminal defense and/or complex business matters. This appears to be his first "murder for hire" defense case but HA & DA must have great trust in him in other previous legal matters...perhaps more than a "one off" representation? I always called it "circle of trust" but now expanded my vocabulary to include Mishpookah. (Who'd-a-known-it?) One learns so much from sleuths who bring information/insight beyond outside our routine purview of case knowledge.
II can't even imagine attempting to be lead counsel in such a serous matter./life changing case... it's not like trying to negotiate a financial settlement. After watching the last set of pleadings, I wanted to say. "Hold up there fella' no need to scream and flail your arms." Is there a word for being "too Mishpookah?"

KNITPICKER, Looked up DR public info and he specialized in white-collar criminal defense and/or complex business matters. This appears to be his first "murder for hire" defense case but HA & DA must have great trust in him in other previous legal matters...perhaps more than a "one off" representation? I always called it "circle of trust" but now expanded my vocabulary to include Mishpookah. (Who'd-a-known-it?) One learns so much from sleuths who bring information/insight beyond outside our routine purview of case knowledge.
II can't even imagine attempting to be lead counsel in such a serous matter./life changing case... it's not like trying to negotiate a financial settlement. After watching the last set of pleadings, I wanted to say. "Hold up there fella' no need to scream and flail your arms." Is there a word for being "too Mishpookah?"
Mishpocha is the correct spelling…never actually knew how to spell it but google says this is the correct spelling.
It sounds more like how I spelled it.

Just in case you use it yourself.
Yes at some point years ago, I did remember some online source (not sure if it was in print, etc, that the Adelsons worked with the law firm through the other attorneys. You’d have to I guess research all their legal battles to find out about that.

From Rashbaum website:
Daniel Rashbaum focuses his practice on white-collar criminal defense, internal investigations, regulatory enforcement, and qui tam litigation. He represents individuals and institutions in high-profile matters including those involving alleged violations of the federal securities and commodities laws, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, price-fixing, alleged violations of anti-bribery and anti-kickback statutes, insider trading, money laundering offenses, export violations, and fraud against health care benefit programs.

Yes, strange that they didn’t use a lawyer specializing in murder cases.
Rashbaum himself expresses great sentiment towards Donna
It’s “all in the family”.
Re: “Circle of trust” yeah lol. Funny movie.

Last edited:

Rashbaum had represented Adelson and her husband, Harvey, for years, co-signing the infamous August 2016 “fanciful fiction” letter that proclaimed the family’s innocence. He signed this alongside multiple attorneys representing different family members who had been named as co-conspirators to the murderDavid Oscar Markus and Michael Weinstein signed on behalf of Charlie Adelson, and John Lauro signed on behalf of Wendi. The oldest Adelson son, Robert, didn’t need a lawyer — he was uninvolved in the conspiracy and cooperated with law enforcement from the start.
_____
Markus, Weinstein and Rashbaum practice together (the later a childhood friend of Charlies)
I’m sure you know that but others may not.
The judge brought up this issue again at the last hearing,

From the article: For example, if one of them were ever to want to cooperate with authorities against the other, Rashbaum would be required to withdraw because lawyers can’t act against the interest of even former clients without their consent.

Last edited:
Not working for me, what did it say?
Wendi had contacted this law school friend in 2016 asking for her help-the friend (and Im paraphrasing), who said something like she seems to take on others burdens—-and needed space to work on herself…who basically broke ties with her through emails.
Wendi responded something like OK I love you.
After Donnas arrest Sarah contacted the Markel attorney Orin Snyder that she has information that may help. That she was traveling that day but could talk to him.
Then Mentour seemed to either cut off the video or end it abruptly.
Maybe he will redo the video.
I couldnt sleep and woke at 5 AM and heard it. It was hard to hear bc he was outside somewhere. I’m sure we will be now hearing more about it from other channels jumping on this info.

Update-it is now for members only.

Last edited:
Not working for me, what did it say?

I caught the video before it went private – here is a summary on memory:

Wendi reached out to Sarah in August on 2016 on the advice of her attorney asking if Sarah could give a statement to help Wendi with her public image. At that time the heat was on the Adelson family. Sarah declined and the reason given was she feared the investigators would reach out to her and ask her questions about Wendi’s marriage and she basically used the excuse didn’t want to get involved – or as she put it she didn’t want to ‘hurt Wendi’. Several months later Sarah sent Wendi a very polite email cutting ties because she was working on herself - thus the state title in evidence ‘self love email from Sarah’ (or similar title?).

After Donna’s arrest, Sarah reached out to the Markel's attorney because she was moved by Phil Markel’s victim impact statement and said she like to speak to them about ‘something’ she thinks would be useful to the Markel family. Sarah was deposed, but the deposition is not yet public – or at least no one (to my knowledge) has posted it. Until we hear the deposition or her testimony, we don’t know if there is anything of substance.

I caught the video before it went private – here is a summary on memory:

Wendi reached out to Sarah in August on 2016 on the advice of her attorney asking if Sarah could give a statement to help Wendi with her public image. At that time the heat was on the Adelson family. Sarah declined and the reason given was she feared the investigators would reach out to her and ask her questions about Wendi’s marriage and she basically used the excuse didn’t want to get involved – or as she put it she didn’t want to ‘hurt Wendi’. Several months later Sarah sent Wendi a very polite email cutting ties because she was working on herself - thus the state title in evidence ‘self love email from Sarah’ (or similar title?).

After Donna’s arrest, Sarah reached out to the Markel's attorney because she was moved by Phil Markel’s victim impact statement and said she like to speak to them about ‘something’ she thinks would be useful to the Markel family. Sarah was deposed, but the deposition is not yet public – or at least no one (to my knowledge) has posted it. Until we hear the deposition or her testimony, we don’t know if there is anything of substance.
Right I forgot about the impact statement.
But Mentours video said nothing about fearing the investigators would reach out to her and ask questions about Wendi’s marriage and she didn’t want to hurt Wendi.
That was on the video?

I put on closed captions and watched it a few times bc it was hard to follow him.
IT was also 5 Am.
he did have the date wrong of Donnas arrest.
He said something like December 2014. Instead of November 13, 2023.

Do you think Sarah would contact the markels attorney (How did she even know who their attorney was?) if she didn’t have anything of substance to tell him?

Wendi had contacted this law school friend in 2016 asking for her help-the friend (and Im paraphrasing), who said something like she seems to take on others burdens—-and needed space to work on herself…who basically broke ties with her through emails.
Wendi responded something like OK I love you.
After Donnas arrest Sarah contacted the Markel attorney Orin Snyder that she has information that may help. That she was traveling that day but could talk to him.
Then Mentour seemed to either cut off the video or end it abruptly.
Maybe he will redo the video.
I couldnt sleep and woke at 3 AM and heard it. It was hard to hear bc he was outside somewhere. I’m sure we will be now hearing more about it from other channels jumping on this info.

Update-it is now for members only.

I don't think there is anything to 'redo' - if he gets the actual deposition, that might be newsworthy content and I'm sure all (how ever many) channels will be all over it - nothing to see here until the deposition is public. Not sure if it was moved t public record, but it's clear that ML doesn't have it (yet).

I don't think there is anything to 'redo' - if he gets the actual deposition, that might be newsworthy content and I'm sure all (how ever many) channels will be all over it - nothing to see here until the deposition is public. Not sure if it was moved t public record, but it's clear that ML doesn't have it (yet).
He should change the wrong date of Donnas arrest. It was really wrong. And his phone was randomly filming his lap top keyboard its was just weird but seems hes on vacation on the beach somewhere.

Right I forgot about the impact statement.
But Mentours video said nothing about fearing the investigators would reach out to her and ask questions about Wendi’s marriage and she didn’t want to hurt Wendi.
That was on the video?

I put on closed captions and watched it a few times bc it was hard to follow him.
IT was also 5 Am.
he did have the date wrong of Donnas arrest.
He said something like December 2014. Instead of November 13, 2023.

Do you think Sarah would contact the markels attorney (How did she even know who their attorney was?) if she didn’t have anything of substance to tell him?

He 100% said something about Sarah expressing to Wendi that she didn't want to hurt Wendi and feared the DA would want to depose her and ask questions about Wends marriage - I'm certain.

He 100% said something about Sarah expressing to Wendi that she didn't want to hurt Wendi and feared the DA would want to depose her and ask questions about Wends marriage - I'm certain.
OK I woke up , watched it in CC twice and then went back to sleep. Possible I missed that.
Did you see the live version? Because it just abruptly cut off at the end.
No offense to ML, but it was really hard listening to him so I had to do closed captioned.

I look forward to hearing what Sarah Yosef has to say. I wish Sigfredo would grow a conscience and come forward, you'd think he would be pissed at their extortion story putting the blame on him for this idea. He's done with appeals so what does he have to lose?

Re the Whatsapp messages. I'm pretty sure it the was the day of the bump and CA stated to KM "I've been messaging my sister all day on WhatsApp." That's verbatim or close to (I think). Obviously there isn't going to be any content, but two important factors with this:

1. it's incriminating that after minimal contact between WA and CA, shortly after the bump there is a flurry of text messages and phone calls. The jury don't need any context. The volume of calls/messages is enough as it's on the day of the bump. And its an opportunity for GC to encourage CA and WA to lie, look foolish and incriminate themselves further. Because they're going to have some lamo excuse why they sent 50+ text messages e.g maybe arranging to get a hair dryer repaired.

2.The Whatsapp messages are an opportunity for CA to throw WA under the bus.

I'll have to dig up the info closing the cable account. It was on Reddit.

Re Ok Cupid activity, speculation on my part, but remember we are talking about someone that is extremely impulsive, erratic and reckless. She has admitted on the stand, she messaged guys on OK Cupid the week of the murder to arrange dates. Now some have said that was to create some sort of alibi to show she wanted to stay in Tallahassee. But then she messaged guys on Ok Cupid, the day after DM was buried.

This shows someone that is completely lacking in empathy. If she really thought LE or the courts would be looking at her OK Cupid data there is no way she would have messaged guys in Miami shortly after the father of her kids was executed. That's something she'd want to keep secret, so I'd wager that the guys she was messaging before DM was shot were based in Miami. That's why GC brought it up.

I’m not sure I agree with what you are referring to as “a flurry of text messages and phone calls” as it relates to anything on or around the bump that ties Wendi into this loop - if that’s what you are suggesting? One of the issues in the case against Wendi is she is the only Adelson (excluding Rob) that didn’t get looped in during any of the ‘strategy’ sessions after the bump. I’ve heard people justify that by saying they didn’t want to get her nervous – or similar, but facts there is no evidence she was looped in.

Regarding the ‘WhatsApp’ messages to Wendi, I just spent a few minutes looking into this. The bump was April 19th. The conversation you reference was between Charlie and June U on May 9th – 3 weeks after the bump. Here is what happened, June caught Charlie texting another girl and confronted him about it. In part of Charlie’s response to June he said (verbatim) – “I’ve been texting Scott all F’ing day, I talk to 5 or 6 people on WhatsApp nonstop, my sister being one of them”.

Other than establishing Wendi communicated to Charlie on WhatsApp, the above is not evidence of anything that is useful in this case against Wendi. I know there have been YouTube videos (at least one) that suggest exactly what you are alleging - that what Charlie said indicates (or suggests) he was communicating with Wendi about the bump. IMO that’s major conjecture and without the actual content of the said messages, it’s totally useless information on the case against her. I’m sure most will disagree with me – but that’s my objective take without conjecture.

I still stand by my comment that in 2 years nothing ‘new’ that is ‘meaningful’ about the case against Wendi except the text to Dan has surfaced – stressing 'at least that is public'. I appreciate and considered the things you are saying, but I don’t agree the WhatsApp comment by Charlie to June is anything useful – it’s also not new evidence. As far as the other new stuff you listed, it might be useful, but until that ‘information’ is available (the actual content), we don’t have any idea if it strengthens the case against Wendi. I’m happy to be wrong, so I’m open to hearing other opinions / angles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veegees
Back