UK UK - Khasha Smith, 35, Edinburgh, 4 November 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip - quoted post was removed (bashing law enforcement and the court system)

<modsnip - response to quoted post>. How can they charge someone for murder without a body? How are the public meant to know where a killer would hide her?
Would not the evidence that led to his arrest also give a clue as to her whereabouts??

Not sure but…

I’m telling you; I don’t normally follow cases like these, but this one has stayed with me since the beginning. There’s something about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed (bashing law enforcement & the court system)
I think they are appealing for more information as maybe there are others involved? Others who may "rat" in time as circumstances/allegiances change.

I don't think no body means the police can "come up with any scenario" - surely that won't stand in court? I don't know what the evidence is but they must have some. I don't think it's common that cases get convicted without a shred of real evidence. The accused in the murder of Suzanne Pilley was convicted without there being a body.

Last edited by a moderator:
In yesterday's article where they named the man charged it said:

"The case was committed for further examination. Byrne was remanded in custody and is due to reappear in the dock within the next eight days".

So we may know more then.

Has anyone gleaned any information on this man over the past several months? I haven’t been able to find anything.
Not really just some old profiles etc ....Am surprised it's so quiet on this case.. it has really got to me this one right from the word go and personally I would like to know what evidence they have against this guy that makes them sure they can charge him for murder without a body... Must be something solid.

I knew Kasha when I worked at Stevenson College Edinburgh (now Edinburgh College) she was working as a barista in our Starbucks. She is a lovely person I do hope she is ok.
I don't suppose there was a teacher called John Byrne worked there too was there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster
Back