UK UK - Khasha Smith, 35, Edinburgh, 4 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, They keep asking the public for more information like they would know more than the guy they arrested.
There is no body so the police can come up with any scenario and this man, who knows he might be an addict or homeless. Police there usually go for "low hanging fruit", easy people they can pin it on cause they look the part no matter that there might not be a shred of real evidence. Cause she seemed to have some troubles when you read that eviction order. There was a man there with a knife and other stuff so to the police that is enough "evidence" especially when you can't give an alibi cause nobody knows when she disappeared. That is used against you then too. Juries hear that and they just convict. The idea that you actually need DNA & a body and some clear evidence without a doubt went the way of the Dodo long ago.

No, They keep asking the public for more information like they would know more than the guy they arrested.
There is no body so the police can come up with any scenario and this man, who knows he might be an addict or homeless. Police there usually go for "low hanging fruit", easy people they can pin it on cause they look the part no matter that there might not be a shred of real evidence. Cause she seemed to have some troubles when you read that eviction order. There was a man there with a knife and other stuff so to the police that is enough "evidence" especially when you can't give an alibi cause nobody knows when she disappeared. That is used against you then too. Juries hear that and they just convict. The idea that you actually need DNA & a body and some clear evidence without a doubt went the way of the Dodo long ago.
I tend to be more (naively?) optimistic about the police. However, it’s a good point. How can they charge someone for murder without a body? How are the public meant to know where a killer would hide her?
Would not the evidence that led to his arrest also give a clue as to her whereabouts??

Not sure but…

I’m telling you; I don’t normally follow cases like these, but this one has stayed with me since the beginning. There’s something about it.

I think they are appealing for more information as maybe there are others involved? Others who may "rat" in time as circumstances/allegiances change.

I don't think no body means the police can "come up with any scenario" - surely that won't stand in court? I don't know what the evidence is but they must have some. I don't think it's common that cases get convicted without a shred of real evidence. The accused in the murder of Suzanne Pilley was convicted without there being a body.

Margaret Fleming too, in recent years. They need a lot of circumstantial evidence to make a compelling case but it's perfectly possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back