OK - Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, murdered, Wister, 5 May 2009 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No problem, Holly M or Marie Jackson is a very common name, we're all trying to figure this out, so any information is welcome.

No problem, Holly M or Marie Jackson is a very common name, we're all trying to figure this out, so any information is welcome.

Yes, we are, bella. I really think LE will find who is responsible for Jody's death. It will just take some more time.

This is completely frustrating. If there is enough info to post in the news that everyone says Jody was planning on going to the funeral, why is there no information about WHY she didn't go? It is as simple as getting an answer from her husband! GRRRR.

This is completely frustrating. If there is enough info to post in the news that everyone says Jody was planning on going to the funeral, why is there no information about WHY she didn't go? It is as simple as getting an answer from her husband! GRRRR.

Rose, I had the same thought as yours, not more than 10 minutes ago!!!

I agree Rose, they news says that he left with his 3 mon and parents to NM but there is never a reason as to WHY they left without Jody....

I don't remember reading anything like this. All the articles state Jody, met the Avon lady BEFORE they left for NM.

Sorry, I worded my original post quite poorly! Here is what I originally wrote:

Regarding the receipt in Jody's pocket from the coffee shop in Poteau...is it possible it's from her meeting with the Avon rep on Tuesday afternoon? I don't recall if there was any mention of where Jody met the woman from Avon. I know there was some speculation that Jody met 'someone' after her husband left town. This could be one possible explanation, and it would be prior to Bo's departure.

What I meant to say was that if the receipt was from her meeting with the Avon rep (which happened the afternoon of May 5), then this should eliminate the speculation that she met someone at the coffee shop after Bo left.

Yep, it's another frustrating Oklahoma unsolved "mystery." Having lived here for a dozen years, I'd say the thing that catches my eye about Jody is that she had only lived in OK for about seventeen months, having moved here from New Jersey in December 2007, and was, thus, an outsider, an outsider in a very clannish state.

This alone tells me that the crime may remain unsolved because, even if it's known who the guilty parties are - and I highly suspect people do - they are very probably Oklahomans, born here and with established roots. In this state, things are frequently accomplished (or not accomplished) through the granting of favors - favors for past deeds, or for earlier favors granted - and rule by law is frequently secondary to that of a system based entirely of who one is, and who one knows.

That's why this Jody thread is so important. It keeps her name alive and holds out promise that the truth may eventually be revealed. Because, left to their own devices in Oklahoma, the people who know the answers will stay silent, and this case may be buried along with many others. My applause for those of you who have posted on this case, and have maintained an interest in seeing justice done.

Roxbury grad sought new life in Oklahoma
May 13, 2009
http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/05/jody_rileewilson_moved_from_he.html

Sorry, I worded my original post quite poorly! Here is what I originally wrote:

What I meant to say was that if the receipt was from her meeting with the Avon rep (which happened the afternoon of May 5), then this should eliminate the speculation that she met someone at the coffee shop after Bo left.

Couldn't agree more. The issue lies with the fact that they were going to leave on Thursday, her Mom doesn't recall her saying different but not sure and then there was at least 1 1/2 hr before they left for NM from the time her Mother spoke to her and the Avon person received the e-mail.

Being that Jody's body was left out in the rain etc... the receipts could be hard to read but.... again my theory of not thinking about the body being found so soon or they would have stage it differently, this to me was someone who was in a hurry and was hoping she was not going to be found because hunting up in that area at that time of year wasn't something that happens... so that means that person or persons know that area and the hunting seasons....

What are your thoughts??

Yep, it's another frustrating Oklahoma unsolved "mystery." Having lived here for a dozen years, I'd say the thing that catches my eye about Jody is that she had only lived in OK for about seventeen months, having moved here from New Jersey in December 2007, and was, thus, an outsider, an outsider in a very clannish state.

This alone tells me that the crime may remain unsolved because, even if it's known who the guilty parties are - and I highly suspect people do - they are very probably Oklahomans, born here and with established roots. In this state, things are frequently accomplished (or not accomplished) through the granting of favors - favors for past deeds, or for earlier favors granted - and rule by law is frequently secondary to that of a system based entirely of who one is, and who one knows.

That's why this Jody thread is so important. It keeps her name alive and holds out promise that the truth may eventually be revealed. Because, left to their own devices in Oklahoma, the people who know the answers will stay silent, and this case may be buried along with many others. My applause for those of you who have posted on this case, and have maintained an interest in seeing justice done.

Roxbury grad sought new life in Oklahoma
May 13, 2009
http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/05/jody_rileewilson_moved_from_he.html

Your right the people who know will keep qiuite but usually that stems to a small circle, you seem like a smart person, I think you know what I mean without having to type it.

I agree that this threat is very important to this case, it will keep it or her alive for however small it may seem to some but to others, that's where it really matters. We have to say the grave visits are for the living not really for the dead and it' true, so maybe that's what this is all about, but who knows....

Your right the people who know will keep qiuite but usually that stems to a small circle, you seem like a smart person, I think you know what I mean without having to type it.

I agree that this threat is very important to this case, it will keep it or her alive for however small it may seem to some but to others, that's where it really matters. We have to say the grave visits are for the living not really for the dead and it' true, so maybe that's what this is all about, but who knows....

Exactly, and I know what you mean about the "small circle" - it doesn't encompass the vast majority of Oklahomans, who are warm and friendly, law-abiding people, but it can (and does) revolve outward in such a manner as to cirumvent the justice most of us want to see accomplished; and it represents a threat to those of us who seek answers - a silent threat that can stifle those who know to keep quiet, or, perhaps, to face consequences. I hope that guests reading here, who may know those answers, will push through that small circle and tell what they know. It takes courage, but a young woman's life, and the pursuit of justice for her death, is well-worth it.

Being that Jody's body was left out in the rain etc... the receipts could be hard to read

Good point Bella.

Regarding your theory of the culprit(s) not expecting the body to be found so quickly...I totally agree with this opinion.

My current leading hypothesis is (solely conjecture):
Jody sent the email to the Avon manager a little after 9 pm on Tuesday May 5, reminding her that she would be away for a few days. This implies that she was still planning on going (or else it was someone else sending the email under her name, but even that isn't a good scenario). A family spat ensued shortly after and Jody was killed.
Now something had to be done quickly to cover it up, so a rushed plan was hatched and others were 'recruited' to help out. Someone with knowledge of, and access to, the Poteau mountain area roads stashed her body where it wouldn't be found for a long time. The person(s) dragged her body into the woods, causing her pants to be pulled down.

The family had to rush out of town to make it look like they weren't around at the time Jody goes 'missing'. One person drove Jody's vehicle and the other vehicle followed. They dropped off Jody's vehicle in Henryetta, on the way to NM, leaving it in a fairly busy lot near the highway, with the keys in it, hoping someone would steal it.

News that a body had been found (so quickly!) reached the folks in NM on May 8. A friend was called to 'go check on Jody', so it would look like there was concern about her being left at home. [ I now think my reasoning here was incorrect -- per post #28, Jim Rilee was quoted as saying that they were concerned about a lack of communication from Jody so they called Bo on his phone and Bo said he would have someone check on her.]

They came back home on May 9, as planned. Family immediately reported her missing. (Why didn't they just assume that she was visiting someone?)

As I said, that is my leading theory although there are other possibilities...but they just seem less likely to me.

Other miscellaneous 'factors' floating around in my mind that could be relevant and ultimately play a part in disproving my leading scenario include:

• Heavener dispatcher prescription fraud -- did Jody alert the authorities based on what she saw while working at the WalMart pharmacy?...was she to be a witness?
  • Joe Neff connection? Two murders so close in time in the same area, with both bodies dumped where they were not likely to be found for a while, by people familiar with the area.
  • Dusty Loggains death in August/Sept 2009 in same area related? Another unexplained death in the Heavener area. (Perhaps it's just that enough facts weren't published about this case and there is a clear explanation that hasn't been made public.)
  • drugs in area?
  • police corruption related to drugs in area?

O.k. enough theories from me for now! None of them will bring Jody back. I just wish we could bring her justice.

Other miscellaneous 'factors' floating around in my mind that could be relevant and ultimately play a part in disproving my leading scenario include:

• Heavener dispatcher prescription fraud -- did Jody alert the authorities based on what she saw while working at the WalMart pharmacy?...was she to be a witness?
  • Joe Neff connection? Two murders so close in time in the same area, with both bodies dumped where they were not likely to be found for a while, by people familiar with the area.
  • Dusty Loggains death in August/Sept 2009 in same area related? Another unexplained death in the Heavener area. (Perhaps it's just that enough facts weren't published about this case and there is a clear explanation that hasn't been made public.)
  • drugs in area?
  • police corruption related to drugs in area?

O.k. enough theories from me for now! None of them will bring Jody back. I just wish we could bring her justice.

All excellent theories!!! I especially like your first one!

Good point Bella.

Regarding your theory of the culprit(s) not expecting the body to be found so quickly...I totally agree with this opinion.

My current leading hypothesis is (solely conjecture):
Jody sent the email to the Avon manager a little after 9 pm on Tuesday May 5, reminding her that she would be away for a few days. This implies that she was still planning on going (or else it was someone else sending the email under her name, but even that isn't a good scenario). A family spat ensued shortly after and Jody was killed.
Now something had to be done quickly to cover it up, so a rushed plan was hatched and others were 'recruited' to help out. Someone with knowledge of, and access to, the Poteau mountain area roads stashed her body where it wouldn't be found for a long time. The person(s) dragged her body into the woods, causing her pants to be pulled down.

The family had to rush out of town to make it look like they weren't around at the time Jody goes 'missing'. One person drove Jody's vehicle and the other vehicle followed. They dropped off Jody's vehicle in Henryetta, on the way to NM, leaving it in a fairly busy lot near the highway, with the keys in it, hoping someone would steal it.

News that a body had been found (so quickly!) reached the folks in NM on May 8. A friend was called to 'go check on Jody', so it would look like there was concern about her being left at home.

They came back home on May 9, as planned. Family immediately reported her missing. (Why didn't they just assume that she was visiting someone?)

As I said, that is my leading theory although there are other possibilities...but they just seem less likely to me.

This is exactly what I tried to point out about a page ago but your spot on with it!!! This is my gut feeling, not that your other possibilities aren't good but my gut tells me this is pretty much how it went down.

There are too many gray area's from them leaving earlier then what was expected, the e-mail and the phone call with her mother....grrrrr!!!!

This is exactly what I tried to point out about a page ago but your spot on with it!!! This is my gut feeling, not that your other possibilities aren't good but my gut tells me this is pretty much how it went down.

Hey Bella, where do you think most of my theory got solidified? From reading your excellent posts, among others! ;) And Mysticrose laid out a nice timeline that helped, too. There is a lot of great discussion on this thread.

There are too many gray area's from them leaving earlier then what was expected, the e-mail and the phone call with her mother....grrrrr!!!!

O.K., here's where my terrible memory becomes an obstacle, but I thought I recalled that the mother said that the last time she spoke to Jody was on May 4. Can anyone confirm when the mother's phone call was? In any case, whatever 'happened' to Jody appears to have happened after 9 pm on May 5.

Hey Bella, where do you think most of my theory got solidified? From reading your excellent posts, among others! ;) And Mysticrose laid out a nice timeline that helped, too. There is a lot of great discussion on this thread.

O.K., here's where my terrible memory becomes an obstacle, but I thought I recalled that the mother said that the last time she spoke to Jody was on May 4. Can anyone confirm when the mother's phone call was? In any case, whatever 'happened' to Jody appears to have happened after 9 pm on May 5.

This is from the article that was written in the Daily Record on Jan 11th 2010

RileeWilson called her mother on the evening of May 5, Jim Rilee said, using Bo's cell phone because hers was missing. Curnutt said Bo Wilson told police he gave his wife money to buy a new cell phone while he was away at the funeral.

Jun 15, 2009 7:58 pm US/Eastern
NJ Mayor Mourns Daughter After Suspicious Death

ROXBURY, N.J. (CBS) ― Click to enlarge1 of 1

Rilee-Wilson's parents say they last spoke to their daughter on May 4, the day before her husband left for his trip.
"Quite frankly, I don't recall if she was going to go or not – I thought she said she was," Stacey Rilee said.

http://wcbstv.com/local/nj.mayor.dau...2.1045599.html

I guess this is why I was confused.....there has been conflicting information published.

I guess this is why I was confused.....there has been conflicting information published.

I see what you mean.... I'm pretty sure her parents spoke to her everyday so, my best guess is there both correct! LOL

Time to explore some of my 'other' theories (although all of these I personally believe are less likely than my main theory...which is pretty much what most other sleuthers' main theory is).

I'll start with the Heavener dispatcher prescription fraud theory. I will actually broaden this theory beyond this specific reference, since the individual charged with prescription fraud is likely not involved in any way with Jody's death.

Instead, I will pose it this way: Is it possible that the outsider from New Jersey, Jody, stumbled across a crime and reported it? Perhaps she stepped on some toes, including those of local LE. An outsider shouldn't stick their nose in other peoples' business, right? Would it then be possible that Jody's local relatives (i.e. husband and family) were told in no uncertain terms that she had stepped over the line and that she would be dealt with. They had better keep their mouths shut, or else they might come to the same fate as Jody. Possible? Again, this is a long shot, but all alternatives must be considered, no?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back