OK - Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, murdered, Wister, 5 May 2009 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My heart goes out to her parents, it is dreadful that they have to endore something like this. I, along with so many others wish for this case to come up with some leads and for an arrest or arrests to made already.

I was just on topix and Jody's Aunt says there is information coming into the FBI!! Let's hope so and God Bless those who are doing the right thing and stepping up and giving information.

Jody's killer needs to be found and punished!

Couldn't agree more! I'm getting concerned that there has not been any news on this case in quite some time. I hope there is some activity going on behind the scenes that we just aren't aware of.

Come on! It's been over a year now! :(

Which LE agency is working on Jody's case?

I just can't figure out why LE is having such a hard time finding Jody's killer.

Which LE agency is working on Jody's case?

I just can't figure out why LE is having such a hard time finding Jody's killer.

Unfortunately, I think it's the same agency that is working on Joe Neff's case, OSBI. They aren't doing anything on his case either.

Thinking of Jody's family and how tough this must be for them....no visible action on the case. :(

The Rilee's are frutstrated with the progress on their daughter's case....not surprising. Maybe changes at the top at OSBI will help.

http://newsok.com/victims-families-others-have-lost-trust-in-osbi/article/3479631

Confidence vanished after a conversation between Jim Rilee and OSBI agent Donnie Long turned to the subject of a key suspect and text messages.

"I called him (Long)," Rilee said. "I said, 'Have you gotten the text messages from the cell phone?' He said, 'I have the phone records.' I said, 'No, the specific text messages.'

"He said, 'We can't get those messages, but I'll check.'"

http://newsok.com/commission-names-forensic-artist-as-oklahoma-state-bureau-of-investigation-interim-director/article/3480104

Harvey Pratt, 69, regarded as one of the foremost forensic artists in America, will become interim director when Director A. DeWade Langley leaves on Monday.

"I love this agency. I love the employees," Pratt said. "I think that I can hold a balance and move things forward and try to resolve some issues that have come up recently."

Based on the comments on this article, it sounds like Mr. Pratt is well respected both within and outside the agency.

I haven't seen any new news. These Oklahoma cases appear to be going nowhere! Come on OSBI! Get doing your job! There are too many unsolved cases. This one should have been easy to solve. :banghead:

(Sorry to have let my frustration slip out.)

Did the police ask anyone what Jody was wearing when she was last seen on the 5th?
It seems the Avon lady could have cleared up alot right off the get had she been asked what Jody was wearing during the meeting.
Also I notice the name Jennifer Brown(ME office mouthpiece ??) and wondered if that last name is somehow connected to the one with that last name in Joe Neff's case.

Jody Rilee Wilson death: Roxbury, NJ, mayor met with FBI in Oklahoma about daughter's unsolved death
By ABBOTT KOLOFF • STAFF WRITER • October 11, 2010

Roxbury Mayor Jim Rilee met with FBI agents in Oklahoma last week and said he was encouraged that authorities are pursuing the death of his daughter, whose body was found on a mountaintop 17 months ago, days after she disappeared.

"They told me it's not a cold case," Rilee said. "It's an active investigation."
---
FBI special agent and spokesman Clay Simmonds said the FBI is working in cooperation with local authorities, who remain in charge of the case. And local authorities indicated the case has not been moving forward.

Sheriff Bruce Curnutt of LeFlore County, Okla., said last week that his office has had nothing new to investigate.
---
Jessica Brown, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation, also indicated that authorities had no new leads. "I wouldn't call it a hot case," she said. "We just don't have many leads to run."
---
Rilee previously expressed frustration with the pace of the investigation, and over results of an autopsy that determined his daughter was dragged into the woods after she died but was unable to determine a cause of death.
---

and more, at
http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...in-unsolved-death-of-Roxbury-mayor-s-daughter

never has there been a more accurate headline than this one, which caps a disgusted editorial:

Progress still lacking in Oklahoma
---
What is distressing to [Jodee's dad Jim] Rilee and his friends in Morris County is that there have been no leads in the case. Not satisfied with the work of local authorities, Rilee — with help from Rep. Rodney P. Frelinghuysen, R-Harding — got the FBI
involved in the investigation. That hasn't turned up anything.

The local sheriff said no leads have come in, and as a result, there is nothing new to investigate. Many of us probably watch too many crime shows on television, where all types of crimes are solved in 60 minutes. Nonetheless, it would be more
reassuring if the sheriff said something about actively searching for leads as opposed to waiting for them to come in.
---

more at
http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/.../OPINION/Progress-still-lacking-in-Oklahoma--

I think those of us who have followed this case feel that leads aren't coming in because authorities already know what happened. Disgusting.

never has there been a more accurate headline than this one, which caps a disgusted editorial:

Progress still lacking in Oklahoma
---
What is distressing to [Jodee's dad Jim] Rilee and his friends in Morris County is that there have been no leads in the case. Not satisfied with the work of local authorities, Rilee — with help from Rep. Rodney P. Frelinghuysen, R-Harding — got the FBI
involved in the investigation. That hasn't turned up anything.

The local sheriff said no leads have come in, and as a result, there is nothing new to investigate. Many of us probably watch too many crime shows on television, where all types of crimes are solved in 60 minutes. Nonetheless, it would be more
reassuring if the sheriff said something about actively searching for leads as opposed to waiting for them to come in.
---

more at
http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/.../OPINION/Progress-still-lacking-in-Oklahoma--

I think those of us who have followed this case feel that leads aren't coming in because authorities already know what happened. Disgusting.

Yes, this case is so disheartening. I don't know how Jody's parents are keeping sane. I wonder if they get to see their granddaughter regularly.

Yes, this case is so disheartening. I don't know how Jody's parents are keeping sane. I wonder if they get to see their granddaughter regularly.

From the first Daily Record article linked above:

"This past week, Rilee said he and his wife spent three days, starting last Saturday, visiting their granddaughter Annabelle, taking her to a playground and a restaurant. They were accompanied by their son-in-law's parents. They previously have said Bo Wilson has not allowed them to spend time alone with their granddaughter.

"'I am working cooperatively with the family to secure visitation rights,' Rilee said last week.

"He described Annabelle as 'happy, feisty and rambunctious.'"

Whoops. Thanks WFG. I should have waited to post until AFTER I read the linked article. :doh:

I see on one of my other threads, Jon Hemingway (Nantucket), that they've managed to catch the eye of Dateline. And, I see talk on the Jamison's thread of trying to get more media attention. Perhaps this case, where there is very likely foul play (!) and there is a very likely plausible suspect(s), is one where the media could pursue a resolution. I certainly doesn't appear that LE will. It seems like they're sitting back waiting for the answers to fall in their laps! IMOO, of course.

...Bump...

Heartbreaking that the Rilee's aren't able to spend time w/ their granddaughter - but glad to hear they had a visit, supervised or otherwise, better than nothing!

Why is Bo Wilson (Daddy/Hubby) so vehemently against his child spending an overnight w/ her maternal GP's? Hmmmm.

Holding out hope that LE is trying to lull the perp into a false sense of security, thinkin' that the FBI and local LE have nothing on him - so he'll mess up! Sure beats the alternative - another major disappointment, for another tragic victim who deserves justice.

America's Most Wanted creates online case file for unsolved death of Jody Rilee-Wilson

The unsolved death of Jody Rilee-Wilson has attracted the attention of America's Most Wanted, which created a case file on the Roxbury native on its website.

Rilee-Wilson's body was found in an Oklahoma state park in early May of 2009. She had been married and was the mother of a three-month old infant.

The website features the known facts of the case and photos from the SUV that was found with its doors unlocked and keys in the ignition at the Pig Out Palace in Oklahoma, about 100 miles where her body was found.

Here is the link to Jody's case on the AMW website:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=75574

Reward offer increased in connection with death of Wister woman

POTEAU — The parents of a Wister woman whose body was found on a Le Flore County mountainside said the reward money offered in connection with their daughter's death has been increased.

Jim and Stacey Rilee of Morris County, N.J., said Wednesday the reward offer is now $30,000 for information that leads to an arrest in the death of Jody Rilee-Wilson, 23.
---
The autopsy did not indicate a cause of death, but authorities have said they believe Rilee-Wilson's death is suspicious. Investigators think the woman was dragged to the mountaintop after her death, according to a news release from OSBI.
---

the rest, at
http://newsok.com/reward-offer-incr...article/3533731?custom_click=lead_story_title

There is also an article about the Rilee's in The Daily Record on the 1/23/11 in regards to them visiting for their granddaughters 2nd birthday but the Wilson's claimed they had to leave to NM for an ill relative.... they never returned any calls to the Rilee's as of 1-19-11 when the Rilee's first learned of them departing and they were flying out that night...

I hate to say this but the Wilson's do not come out of this smelling good at all and why do this to the Rilee's when all they have left is their granddaughter. If they have a sick relative it is one thing but why not return their calls..... something stinks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back