OK - Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, murdered, Wister, 5 May 2009 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OSBI offering rewards in 2009 deaths

Up to $5,000 is being offered for information in deaths of Joe Neff of Poteau and Jodi Wilson of Wister, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation reported. Her name has also been spelled Jody Rilee-Wilson.

Investigators consider the death suspicious, and a reward will be offered if it is determined to be a homicide, authorities said.
<rsbm>

Based on the above two statements, doesn't this tell us that they DO formally consider it a homicide?

We need justice for Jody, her parents, and a little girl who will spend the rest of her life without her mother.

We know it has to be homicide because she was in a trash bag IIRC

I don't recall any mention of a trash bag Rose, but her body had been dragged into the bush about 35 feet:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20091001/UPDATES01/91001038?nclick_check=1

As the autopsy was inconclusive, we don't know if she died as a result of overdose, accident, suicide, natural causes, etc, and someone subsequently dragged her body into the bush. That would not be homicide.

IMO, LE must have something other than autopsy results and a dragged body in order for them to offer a reward and be pursuing it as a homicide investigation.

Think the trash bag came out on the FB group or page.

My apologies Roselvr, you are absolutely right. Here's the video (previously posted in Thread 1) where the paraglider talks about seeing the garbage bags and thinking it odd that someone would come all the way out there to dispose of garbage (starting at the 1 min mark).

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=6811419

My apologies Roselvr, you are absolutely right. Here's the video (previously posted in Thread 1) where the paraglider talks about seeing the garbage bags and thinking it odd that someone would come all the way out there to dispose of garbage (starting at the 1 min mark).

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=6811419

Thanks; it's been so long since I went over Jodie's post; hard to remember where I saw it.

If anyone has time to go back over the post & grab the main info & links; I'm sure Cubby wouldn't mind adding it to the 1st post in this thread.

I wish they would find her killer or who is responsible for bagging her body & dragging it up there.

After reading through the posts regarding Jodi Wilson and Joe Neff, I would like to bring a possible point up. In one of the Posts, Jodi was said to have worked at the Days Inn. Does anyone know if this was the one in Poteau? Though not on here, Joe was known to frequent the club at that Days Inn at one time I believe. I'm looking at a possible connection since the murders occurred so close together both timeline and distance apart.
Thank you

After reading through the posts regarding Jodi Wilson and Joe Neff, I would like to bring a possible point up. In one of the Posts, Jodi was said to have worked at the Days Inn. Does anyone know if this was the one in Poteau? Though not on here, Joe was known to frequent the club at that Days Inn at one time I believe. I'm looking at a possible connection since the murders occurred so close together both timeline and distance apart.
Thank you

Remind me in a few weeks?
Joe's daughter has a really hard time with father's day. She has an open wound. It tears her to pieces not having answers; not knowing why her beloved dad's life was taken. Even when they find out who did it; she then has to deal with trying to heal.

Joe Neff (my dad) unsolved murder 14 May 2009 -no leads

OK - Joe Neff (my dad) unsolved murder 14 May 2009, #2

There was an arrest in Joes case today. The arrest info has been posted on his websleuth forum.

Please make it known the arrest was not in Jodi Wilson's case, but in Joe Neffs case, who they were just talking about.

Good find little. Couldn't get link to open though. (Possibly my browser is to blame.) What was the arrest for? Can't find any MSM.

It's not working now for me.

The charges are, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Just keep trying the link. The court system seems to be slow this morning.

I see Jerry D. Wilson's record contains convictions for lewd molestation and "Asst Lewd Molestation" (Asst = Assisted ???). Don't know if these convictions would involve a minor or adult. Perhaps Jody expressed concerns for the welfare of her baby in his presence and it wasn't well received by either her husband or his family.

You know, it just dawned on me that this is only "page 3" of the thread. I had it in my mind that many others were involved with this case.

This case still haunts me. Nothing bothers me more that when LE says that there is no evidence of foul play, yet the victim is found dead in a garbage bag. Clearly the victim didn't commit suicide, pull a garbage bag over her head, then drag herself into the woods (leaving drag marks).

This case has never sat right with me. What the heck is going on in OK?

There are 3 shows that may consider featuring Jodi if her parents tried to get LE to submit her case. Deadline: Crime with Tamron Hall. They recently featured Venus Rose Stewart; deceased. "Husband" serving time for murder; refuses to tell where she is. There is no video of the episode; it was shown with Innocence Lost - Entering the Rape Dungeon

Dateline & TV show looking for cold cases COLD JUSTICE IS CURRENTLY SEEKING UNSOLVED HOMICIDE CASES

COLD JUSTICE producers are seeking law enforcement agencies who could benefit from additional expert help and resources for their unsolved homicide cases and possibly be featured on COLD JUSTICE. (Please note we are currently not looking at "missing person" cases.)

SEEKING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES
WHO COULD USE HELP WITH COLD CASES

Dick Wolf&#8217;s Wolf Films and Magical Elves (both Emmy®-winning production companies) are seeking law enforcement agencies that could benefit from additional expert help and resources for their unsolved homicide cases and possibly be featured on a new documentary series for TNT.

Our team of experts will come to your town with additional resources to help assist and advise you in your investigation of cold cases in the hopes of getting a resolution. The team includes an accomplished prosecutor and crime scene investigator with legitimate and celebrated track records, along with experienced homicide detectives.

If you have a case that you would like to be considered or would like to learn more about this program, please contact Byron Clear at (323) 790-8534 or via email at byron.clear@magicalelves.com.

Just saw this on the news (KHBS). A paraglider found the body. No more information so far.
Heavener Runstone Park is in Southeastern OK, on the border with Arkansas. http://www.4029tv.com/news/19413197/detail.html

Info on the park. http://www.oklahomaparks.com/detail.asp?id=1%2B5U%2B5325

Good map of park in case we need it: http://www.shopoklahoma.com/heavener.htm

Just got a google alert for Jodi that says there's gonna be an upcoming multi-part series about the unsolved death of a NJ woman who moved to Oklahoma to start a new life.

Will look more when I'm done cooking dinner

Just got a google alert for Jodi that says there's gonna be an upcoming multi-part series about the unsolved death of a NJ woman who moved to Oklahoma to start a new life.

Will look more when I'm done cooking dinner

I expected her husband to be locked up years ago. I can't see anyone else doing it. He had a new girl friend before he remains were cold.

The story of her death is at the link

Preview: The mysterious death of Jody Rilee

*Beginning Sunday, The Record and Northjersey.com begins a four-day series looking at the unsolved death of young North Jersey woman who was pursuing a fresh start to her life in Oklahoma. Those closest to her said she was a proud mom, filled with a renewed sense of purpose and excited about starting a new job selling Avon cosmetics.

Her parents, Jim and Stacey Rilee of Roxbury, anticipated that the case would be solved in days, or perhaps weeks, but the investigation bogged down and the past eight years have been marked by*heartache and frustration.

We will*examine new information about her life in Oklahoma and the email she sent to her new boss describing her plans for the week ahead.

It was sent on the last night she was seen alive.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/2017/05/05/preview-mysterious-death-jody-rilee/311539001/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back