OR OR - Sweet Home - 'Swamp Mountain Doe' - Am Ind/Native/WhtFem 18-40 - UP7765 - Jul'76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
762UFOR
http://doenetwork.org/cases/762ufor.html
NamUs UP Case 7765 https://identifyus.org/cases/7765

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on July 24, 1976 in Linn County, Oregon.
* Estimated Date of Death: 1966 to 1976.
* State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only.
* Cause of Death: Unknown.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18-40 years old.
* Approximate Height and Weight: 4'11" to 5'1" and unknown weight.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown hair or eye color.
* Clothing: Platform-style sandal with an approximately 2-inch heel,
single white strap with basket weave section attached to the base by 5
round tacks on each side.
* Medical: Previous fracture of right nasal bone, healed at time of death.
* Dentals: Available. X-rays are available.
* DNA: Not available.
* Fingerprints: Not available.
* Other: Also found with the remains: a yellow/tan leather strip with two
yellow metal rings (each measuring approximately 2 inches in diameter) -- black/white
decorative strip composed of seed beads (background/base beads are black and two birds
and two diamond shapes are created from the white beads) -- it appears the beaded
section may have been attached to the leather strip .

Case History

The victim's skeletal remains were found by a moss hunter in Linn County, Oregon, on July 24, 1976.

Vicki Lynn Hollar
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hollar_vicki.html
hollar_vicki.jpg

There is not enough info to call this a strong possible, but the height matches, and Linn County is not very far from Eugene OR. There is no indication of where in Linn County the remains were found, but Brownsville (at the western border of Linn County) is less than 30 miles from Eugene.

They had to have checked this one out already! Doncha think?

Yes, because of the proximity and height match alone, she absolutely ought to be listed as a rule-out on Jane Doe's NamUs page, even if for the sole purpose of letting everyone know the two have been compared.

Hollar's purse has never been found, and the description of the two strips found with Jane Doe, one leather with a metal ring at both ends and the other a beaded strip that likely had been attached to the leather one, makes me think it was a long purse strap like this one: http://img.splendora.com/files/urbanbag.jpg

The beaded portion would have overlaid the leather strip. It doesn't sound like this was a belt because there's no mention of belt holes punched through either strip.

Yes, because of the proximity and height match alone, she absolutely ought to be listed as a rule-out on Jane Doe's NamUs page, even if for the sole purpose of letting everyone know the two have been compared.

Hollar's purse has never been found, and the description of the two strips found with Jane Doe, one leather with a metal ring at both ends and the other a beaded strip that likely had been attached to the leather one, makes me think it was a long purse strap like this one: http://img.splendora.com/files/urbanbag.jpg

The beaded portion would have overlaid the leather strip. It doesn't sound like this was a belt because there's no mention of belt holes punched through either strip.

REALLY good idea!!

The beaded strap makes me think of Native American jewelry. Either it's a knockoff or she was Native American. I wonder why they didn't show the gold rings?

The beaded strap makes me think of Native American jewelry. Either it's a knockoff or she was Native American. I wonder why they didn't show the gold rings?

It's not all that unusual for a caucasian with no Native American ancestry to wear Native jewelry and accessories as a fashion statement. That was fashionable among the hippie culture of the late 60's and early 70's.

It's not all that unusual for a caucasian with no Native American ancestry to wear Native jewelry and accessories as a fashion statement. That was fashionable among the hippie culture of the late 60's and early 70's.

Items like this were and still are often produced for the tourist trade, intended for sale in trading posts and restaurant gift shops. Here's a typical design: http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.133817520.jpg

Strips like this would be stitched onto a belt, handbag strap, or headband, or used as a hatband on a cowboy hat.

I found this missing woman from Southern California, Lynn Luray. she was 15 when she was last seen in 1964, height estimated to be between 4'9 and 5'0". circumstances were that she may have left the area with an adult male. in the image she is wearing a piece of jewelry. looks almost like turquoise.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5669/28/

Is anyone familiar with a case of female remains found 4foot 11 inches with heald broken nose found by a Moss hunter July 24th 1976 buried for about ten years prior . These remains could be my missing sister Madeline Anna Babcock same height missing since June 1969 .I have death threats letters that my sister wrote of saying her Ex threatened to kill her he lives 5 hrs and 38 minutes from Linn county Oregon were the remains were found any input would be appreciated Just Pat 22

Just Pat, I am so sorry about your sister being missing. You will find abundant information and help here. Welcome!

Welcome, Just Pat. I hope you can find what you need here.

hi Just Pat, sorry about your sister.

I would think your best bet would be to look at the contact information for this UID in Oregon and reach out to them and let them know whatever you can about your sister and why she is a good possibility for a match.

Is anyone familiar with a case of female remains found 4foot 11 inches with heald broken nose found by a Moss hunter July 24th 1976 buried for about ten years prior . These remains could be my missing sister Madeline Anna Babcock same height missing since June 1969 .I have death threats letters that my sister wrote of saying her Ex threatened to kill her he lives 5 hrs and 38 minutes from Linn county Oregon were the remains were found any input would be appreciated Just Pat 22

Hi Pat. I spoke with you several months ago regarding the June 68 Griffith Park Jane Doe. I also spoke with Daniel Machian a month or so ago, and he indicated that he had spoken with you and was of the opinion that GPJD was not Madeline. Hopefully, you are satisfied with his explanation.

Here's Madeline's Charley Project page so that the others know who we are talking about:

Madeline Anna Babcock
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/babcock_madeline.html

babcock_madeline.jpg
babcock_madeline2.jpg
babcock_madeline3.jpg

There isn't a lot of info regarding this Linn County Jane Doe. But the details (height and previous broken nose) seem fairly close to Madeline. Does the platform open-toed shoe or the indian-style beaded purse look like something that she would wear (or carry)?

Eight years had passed from Madeline's disappearance and the discovery of the remains. My gut feeling is that the shoe would be more badly deteriorated after that long. But that is entirely speculation and not a solid reason to exclude. And besides, who is to say that she wasn't alive for several years before being killed?

I suppose, the only way to be sure is to call the contact number. However, as I recall from calling about this case before, I believe that this case is in the hands of the state medical examiner, not Linn County (as indicated in NamUs). My notes indicate Nici Vance of the Oregon State MedEx office and a telephone number (971) 673 8300

Hi Carl , Cubby Madelines sister here have had wrist surgery can't type much case 782u for LINN county Oregon case in DOE network 428DFCA ARE being looked into DNA on the remains have been recently profiled Lyns sister Pat

Pat, I hope you hear something soon. And I hope your wrist is getting better.

Bumping for Madeline Babcock and "JustPat22": Madeline's sister, Pat.

Any news about the DNA results, Pat?

Hoping for a resolution on Madeline's case soon...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back