PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A possible angry woman or a possible angry male, and there might not of even been a relationship in the way most think. Im also including that Ray was working with the female against the male in a mounting case, is my thoughts. In my thoughts the case was bigger than anything Ray had worked on before and included many tenacles of not so on the up people. The problem I have with my keep me up at night scenario is I don't know if the woman could be trusted nor the male. Love and hate in a marriage are things that rock back in forth in some relationships. Example is ,say the woman was helping Ray mount a case and lets say she was angry with her husband at the time but then they make up again and then ask yourself where that would leave Ray at that point?????
Could she have actually helped set Ray up? Or did she get found out that she was working with Ray, then the male follows her which leads to Ray? After she meets Ray and leaves does the angry male then catch up with Ray (with possible partner)?
JTOL

Have all of Ray's ex-girlfriends, high school sweethearts, women he previously dated, etc. been checked out?

Two woman was checked out. As for anymore being checked out is unknown publically. One lady was a nurse and the other worked for the AG at the time. The one that worked for a AG at that time fits the description of the mystery woman although she was supposedly visiting friends in NY at the time. She also is a smoker.

Whatever it was that happened, that hard drive was somehow involved. There are many other ways to get rid of a hard drive than to throw it into the river where you were known to last be near.

The hard drive is a intended message to someone(s). Great point Phantom. Was Ray sending out a message or someone else? I don't personally see any reason for Ray to do that. Being it was separated from laptop points more to someone(s) else. If Ray really wanted to be rid of the laptop and drive why not bury it or burn it. Why not just buy it and say I dropped it and I will pay for it. Or heck even say I dropped it in a pond ect. He very easily could of purchased it from the county.

But as for his work computer....if he was looking at how to erase the hard drive a year before he was retiring, that smacks of concern about professional material on there (ie. reviews of peers, emails etc). Let's face it - the guy could have easily afforded a private laptop or cell phone for "other" activity.

Hard to know. A lot of people do browse the internet at work, so Ray may have wanted to cover his tracks, or just if he didn't want his employer snooping into what sites he was looking at.

Two woman was checked out. As for anymore being checked out is unknown publically. One lady was a nurse and the other worked for the AG at the time. The one that worked for a AG at that time fits the description of the mystery woman although she was supposedly visiting friends in NY at the time. She also is a smoker.

More that two were checked out. One, previously mentioned, acted unusually, but here whereabouts were confirmed as not being anywhere near Lewisburg or Bellefonte.

Whatever it was that happened, that hard drive was somehow involved. There are many other ways to get rid of a hard drive than to throw it into the river where you were known to last be near.

Maybe not.

One possibility is that RFG was planning to be in Lewisburg for some reason. We know he wanted to get rid of the data on the drive and he'd almost certainly be aware of how someone could recover the data. He might have decided to toss the drive and planned to come back, and just replaced the drive (for less than $150.00).

I'm stuck with the possibility that the drive itself may not be related to the disappearance.

Do forgive my tardiness, but I was traveling this past week.

Is the hard drive a red herring...throw one off?:waitasec:

Maybe not.

We know he wanted to get rid of the data on the drive for a long time. RFG might have figured that, since he'd be in Lewisburg, it would be a good place to toss and nobody would know who's drive it was. After about a week, it couldn't be read and it would be very unlikely it would be found in that time.

RFG could have been planning to return.

Hard to know. A lot of people do browse the internet at work, so Ray may have wanted to cover his tracks, or just if he didn't want his employer snooping into what sites he was looking at.

He was his employer. He was the top guy and fully in charge of the office.

Although not probable in my opinion......but who is to say that Ray is the one who threw that hard drive in the river?

What if someone he was meeting killed him and threw the hard drive in the river?

Although not probable in my opinion......but who is to say that Ray is the one who threw that hard drive in the river?

What if someone he was meeting killed him and threw the hard drive in the river?

Well, we know that RFG wanted to get rid of what was on the drive. We also know he was seen near the spot where it was tossed. Both things make it likely he was the one that tossed it.

He was his employer. He was the top guy and fully in charge of the office.

If he turned in his laptop, it would have gone to the IT department - laptops tend to get reassigned to other employees. If Ray had sensitive material on the laptop, a snoopy IT person could have found it.

Well, we know that RFG wanted to get rid of what was on the drive. We also know he was seen near the spot where it was tossed. Both things make it likely he was the one that tossed it.

Likely.........absolutely.

But we have to consider that he is not the only one who wanted to get rid of what was on that drive.

Whether he was murdered or left on his own.....there is likely a very good REASON for doing so......

Unlless this was some random homicide........what could that reason be?

IMO..........it is work related, spilling over into his personal life.

If he turned in his laptop, it would have gone to the IT department - laptops tend to get reassigned to other employees. If Ray had sensitive material on the laptop, a snoopy IT person could have found it.

Possibly, but he had talked about the possibility of buying it from the county and he could have, very cheaply, bought a replacement drive.

One of the things I'm interested in is if he tried to find a replacement drive on the Internet.

The dogs didn't go anywhere near where the laptop and drive ended up. Rays scent was only in the parking lot where the mini was found. The dogs as per Dixon circled the mini, possibly indicating Ray got into another vechicle. Its also possible the dogs only picked up Rays scent from the car.

Possibly, but he had talked about the possibility of buying it from the county and he could have, very cheaply, bought a replacement drive.

One of the things I'm interested in is if he tried to find a replacement drive on the Internet.

Can you restate the model and make of the laptop once more?

If Ray wanted to buy the laptop it was to soon to purchase it, he still had 8 more months to go. Curious here, if Ray did want to purchase it in a hurry would he have paid for it to the county commissioners? He did go to a prison board meeting the day before he disappeared. I wonder if he inquired about the laptop that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne