CANADA Canada - Nicole Morin, 8, Toronto, 30 July 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The building descriptions make no mention of a pool in the building. If the swimming pool was outside or part of another building, I have to point out...The high temp for the day was in the mid '40s (according to the Weather Almanac). Was there a pool in the building in the '80s which was removed? She was reported to be wearing only her swimsuit, and carrying a towel and beach blanket.
?

shadowangel said:
The building descriptions make no mention of a pool in the building. If the swimming pool was outside or part of another building, I have to point out...The high temp for the day was in the mid '40s (according to the Weather Almanac). Was there a pool in the building in the '80s which was removed? She was reported to be wearing only her swimsuit, and carrying a towel and beach blanket. ?
The account which I have mentions only that the girls planned to go to the pool. No mention as to where the pool was. Here is the description of Nicole which was published in a 1994 book:

"When she disappeared, Nicole was four feet four inches tall, weighed 60 pounds, had a medium complexion, petite build, and slightly protruding uneven teeth, with a center gap. She was last seen wearing a salmon-colored one-piece bathing suit."

Please disregard part of that previous post, I realized I had punched in the wrong date....*OOPS*

As soon as I was old enough to have my own pool pass, at around 6 or so, I used to walk alone to the community pool -- in my swim suit with my towel and pass -- and spend the afternoon there. This is why it doesn't necessarily surprise me that the mother waited until 3:00 to become alarmed. She probably assumed Nicole made it to the lobby, met her friend, and went swimming. She probably wasn't expecting her back for hours.

From 1985 to present, quite a few building have elminated pools as an amenity to apartments due to the time frame of opening and cost.

In an effort to keep costs down, building smply leave the pool empty.

In Canada we use the metric system. So if someone was to check the historical weather for 1985, they would have to realize that 40 is not Farenheit, but Celcius. 40C is quite hot, actuallly very hot.

The Princess foundation is quite positive that Nicole was seen in films that were discovered by their agency. They apparently have identified a few other kids as well. But the problem with face recognition programs, is that you have to have the face in a very similar position as a picture to do a comparison.

I still truly believe that Nicole was kidnapped for devious means for the European market.

I don't even want to imagine the horror and abuse she went through if she did.

There was a document on the Princess website that literally disgusted me to the point of being sick to my stomach. It listed the first name of children, ages and what "acts" a sicko could engage in and the price.

Literally made me almost throw up...........

CyberLaw said:
In Canada we use the metric system. So if someone was to check the historical weather for 1985, they would have to realize that 40 is not Farenheit, but Celcius. 40C is quite hot, actuallly very hot.
As I had said, I accidentally hit the wrong date-I punched in April instead of July.
I understand your feelings completely--if you haven't heard of them, look up NAMBLA. These monsters are actually allowed to parade down our streets...

shadowangel said:
As I had said, I accidentally hit the wrong date-I punched in April instead of July.
I understand your feelings completely--if you haven't heard of them, look up NAMBLA. These monsters are actually allowed to parade down our streets...
Don't even get me started on the topic of NAMBLA. I swear, if I had a terminal illness and knew the end was near, I'd buy a gun and hunt down every last one of those monsters.:banghead:

It's easy to look at this disappearance with "20/20 hindsight", but Mr. E, you made a good point. I can remember spending a lot of time at the pool, and my mom probably didn't give it a second thought because there were a lot of people around, so she assumed I'd be safe.

I grew up in a large city in a 20 story apartment building. I was immeditaly taken back by the fact Nicoles Mother did not go to look for her when her friend buzzed upstairs to ask where she was. Then the mother waited to 3 pm before considering anything could be wrong. IF you live in a big city you worry about your children every time they walk out the door of your apartment. One of the rules a lot of my friends and I had with our parents was when you reach the lobby buzz upstairs to let mom and dad know you got downstairs safetly. You used this rule if your parents didn't take you downstairs in the elevator themselves. The mothers actions according to what I read her concerning to me.

mjak

mjak said:
I grew up in a large city in a 20 story apartment building. I was immeditaly taken back by the fact Nicoles Mother did not go to look for her when her friend buzzed upstairs to ask where she was. Then the mother waited to 3 pm before considering anything could be wrong. IF you live in a big city you worry about your children every time they walk out the door of your apartment. One of the rules a lot of my friends and I had with our parents was when you reach the lobby buzz upstairs to let mom and dad know you got downstairs safetly. You used this rule if your parents didn't take you downstairs in the elevator themselves. The mothers actions according to what I read her concerning to me.

mjak
There are some elements of this case that puzzle me as well, but they aren't necessarily the ones you mention.

I don't believe it's fair to say that Nicole's mother should have gone looking for her when the friend buzzed upstairs. She just assumed Nicole was on her way downstairs. The friend never called back, so Nicole's mom had no idea Nicole had vanished.

I'm curious about what Nicole's mom did between 3:00 p.m. (when she realized Nicole hadn't made it back home) and 6:00 p.m. (when she called the police). The first person I would have checked with is Nicole's friend, to see if Nicole met up with her to go swimming. Right then, I would have learned that Nicole never showed up, and I would have immediately called the police. Why did it take her so long to call them?

Marilynilpa said:
There are some elements of this case that puzzle me as well, but they aren't necessarily the ones you mention.

I don't believe it's fair to say that Nicole's mother should have gone looking for her when the friend buzzed upstairs. She just assumed Nicole was on her way downstairs. The friend never called back, so Nicole's mom had no idea Nicole had vanished.
No its deffinitly not fair; but, it is behavior that needs to be explained or expanded on. I am not saying her mother should have gone looking for her. I am saying that the fact she did not go looking for her 8 year old daughter whos wearabouts in a huge city were suddenly unclear needs to be explained. I do not have children but do watch my nephews frequently. If one of my little nephews went out to play with a friend and the friend called saying where is johnny I am waiting for him outside, I know I would be outside with Johnny's friend faster then I could finish the phone conversation.

mjak

mjak said:
No its deffinitly not fair; but, it is behavior that needs to be explained or expanded on. I am not saying her mother should have gone looking for her. I am saying that the fact she did not go looking for her 8 year old daughter whos wearabouts in a huge city were suddenly unclear needs to be explained. I do not have children but do watch my nephews frequently. If one of my little nephews went out to play with a friend and the friend called saying where is johnny I am waiting for him outside, I know I would be outside with Johnny's friend faster then I could finish the phone conversation.

mjak
I agree with you, and obviously Nicole's mom didn't react in the same way most of us would have.

As I said before, if Nicole's friend had called a second time and said that Nicole still wasn't there, I imagine Nicole's mom would have dropped everything and gone looking for her. But since Nicole's friend never called back, I can see how Nicole's mom would have assumed that the two girls were at the pool.

maybe im overlooking this fact, im new to this forum and just read a lot of info, (all that i could find) on this case, but why didnt the friend call back up to say that the little girl never came down? I mean, she called once, mom said on the way, and she never shows, i just dont get it...

Angels_Not_Forgotten said:
maybe im overlooking this fact, im new to this forum and just read a lot of info, (all that i could find) on this case, but why didnt the friend call back up to say that the little girl never came down? I mean, she called once, mom said on the way, and she never shows, i just dont get it...
I've been wondering the same thing. It appears she waited a while, then just gave up and left.

Marilynilpa said:
I've been wondering the same thing. It appears she waited a while, then just gave up and left.

Me three!!! I also wonder this. I think we only know bits and pieces of the sequence of events. Clearly there are pieces missing that might make the scenerio less questionable. The other question I have is why are these pieces missing? I have been trying to find more info on the internet but have uncovered nothing. I mean the scenerio makes sense if the mother said good bye to her 8 year old daughter and a minute later her friend buzzed asking abou ther wear abouts. The mother would just answer she is on her way down. However, it becomes questionable if the child had left 5 or 10 minutes before. Why did the child waiting downstairs now buzz back when her friend still failed to show? Lots of questions..

mjak

mjak said:
Me three!!! I also wonder this. I think we only know bits and pieces of the sequence of events. Clearly there are pieces missing that might make the scenerio less questionable. The other question I have is why are these pieces missing? I have been trying to find more info on the internet but have uncovered nothing. I mean the scenerio makes sense if the mother said good bye to her 8 year old daughter and a minute later her friend buzzed asking abou ther wear abouts. The mother would just answer she is on her way down. However, it becomes questionable if the child had left 5 or 10 minutes before. Why did the child waiting downstairs now buzz back when her friend still failed to show? Lots of questions..

mjak
Yes, there do appear to be quite a few missing pieces, and those missing pieces would probably answer the questions we have about the sequence of events.

It's easy to question why Nicole's mom acted (or didn't act) in a certain way, but obviously the police were satisfied with what she told them, as she was not charged with Nicole's disappearance. I'm sure she has asked herself at least a million times why she didn't check up on Nicole after Nicole's friend called up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back