Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been provided already. Here is a map of the general area of the high school near county road 6 and mentioned in this article linked below. I now see why some of us think it was more like about 5 miles from the arrested persons house. I cant seem to find an article that gives the precise location where the bicycle was found. It would make a big difference if the exact location turns out to be closer to his house or not. I suppose LE doesn't want public all driving out to exact spots which is understandable.

"Sierah Joughin, 20, of Metamora, in Fulton County, was last seen riding her bicycle Tuesday evening near Evergreen High School on County Road 6"

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...90b401!8m2!3d41.6559228!4d-84.0665054!5m1!1e1

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/public-asked-to-help-missing-ohio-woman-case/nr4Bf/

Those are after the investigation of the site. I am curious as to how big of an area was disturbed from the actual crime as opposed to after LE was there causing the area to be enlarged. I have very little experience with corn but from what I have seen they are pretty hardy stalks and it takes a bit to break the stalks and them not eventually come back up.

I think you may be able to get the case number or something that started the abduction case in the first thread ... I posted some PDFs in there ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Graphic warning!

I think a body is unwieldy and hard to handle. I thought perhaps he taped her wrists together, making it easier to drag her. perhaps her ankles, as well? Do we know if there is saliva on the tape?

Will think on this more.

This may have been provided already. Here is a map of the general area of the high school near county road 6 and mentioned in this article linked below. I now see why some of us think it was more like about 5 miles from the arrested persons house. I cant seem to find an article that gives the precise location where the bicycle was found. It would make a big difference if the exact location turns out to be closer to his house or not. I suppose LE doesn't want public all driving out to exact spots which is understandable.

"Sierah Joughin, 20, of Metamora, in Fulton County, was last seen riding her bicycle Tuesday evening near Evergreen High School on County Road 6"

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...90b401!8m2!3d41.6559228!4d-84.0665054!5m1!1e1

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/public-asked-to-help-missing-ohio-woman-case/nr4Bf/

If you go back to the first thread, there are links to articles that give all of that info. Her bike was not found within walking distance of his house.
The 2nd bicycle and his broken down motorcycle all red herrings. LE never considered these statements to be credible.

Actually, the very first post in this thread has links to maps that can answer your questions.

Those are after the investigation of the site. I am curious as to how big of an area was disturbed from the actual crime as opposed to after LE was there causing the area to be enlarged. I have very little experience with corn but from what I have seen they are pretty hardy stalks and it takes a bit to break the stalks and them not eventually come back up.

When corn stalks are broken they usually remain broken because their shaft is pretty thick and hard near the bottom so they don't usually spring back up.

It looks like the whole area got smashed down by something more than just what the monster did. Also if someone is lets say fighting with someone in the corn then the stalks usually would break and leave about 1 foot near the bottom sticking up because the very bottom is tough and they usually break with some amount left sticking up out of the ground. Maybe 1 foot to 2 feet of stalk should be sticking out of the ground.

That area looks like a vehicle or tractor or something went in that corner and pressed all the stalks all the way to the ground. There is too much flattened to be just what the monster did.

I wonder if that could be where he just dumped her as her final resting spot and maybe that is not where he first encountered her and had the initial fight with her.

Did you check under the victims name?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Only thing there is a 1992 Domestic Relations cause.

Normally a criminal case is listed by the defendant. Covers all cases including those that have no victim.

If you go back to the first thread, there are links to articles that give all of that info. Her bike was not found within walking distance of his house.
The 2nd bicycle and his broken down motorcycle all red herrings. LE never considered these statements to be credible.

Actually, the very first post in this thread has links to maps that can answer your questions.

Thanks. I just heard about her case the other day and kind of late learning about it.

Such a sad case and a real monster this time.

Such beautiful country out that way. Its not fair that the monster put such a bad mark on that pretty countryside.

I think it may have been a error reported. I posted the article where I read that JDWs cell phone was connected to the location of her body. I'm going with what you've reported. Media is known for publishing errors. Thank you for correcting. ��

Here's the difference that may be confusing you. LE discovered JDW in a normal camvassing of neighbors in the area. After hearing his lame Plan B story, they began a grid search with his property at the epicenter, which is how they found Sierah. After examining his phone and phone records, LE determined that he had spent time at both the location where her bike was found and at the location where her body was found.

I agree with Jashrema that he had his truck all along. IMO the blood on the motorcycle was probably transferred by him sometime in the following day or 2.

I have 2 reasons for thinking this one is the difficulty in transporting SJ on it. If she was unconscious she would have been dead weight with no muscle control or support. If she was awake I do not believe she would not have done something to cause a wreck or hamper his driving. If it were me I would rather die right then and there than be taken elsewhere. She had taken self defense and had to know that to be taken meant it was likely to end in death and would have known what was likely to happen before that happened. I also asked my 26 and 29 year old daughters what they were taught in school about stranger danger and they both said to scream. fight and try with everything you have not to be taken.

My second thing is the spark plugs that were found on scene. The motorcycle would not work without them. I just don't see him knocking her out and changing the spark plugs before taking off with her. The only way I can see it being in play is if he had broken down earlier and had already returned with his truck and was changing them when she came by so he took advantage of the situation.

It is my understanding that she did not know him but that doesn't mean she wasn't familiar with him. Both had lived in the area for a long time. I am sure he probably drove by her house and even her many times. That does not mean he necessarily targeted her just that he nor his vehicles would have been out of place to her. She either stopped or he got real lucky striking out at her as I am sure she had some speed going. The fact there was no damage to her bike is leading me to think she slowed or stopped. For him to time blocking her passage without her seeing it and turning around is a small window. I also think if she had seen someone on the side of the road that unless she was offering assistance she would have moved to the other side of the road. IMO many people would give berth even if they did not feel uneasy. The lack of damage to her bicycle is something that has been nagging at my thoughts from the start.

What is the traffic like on that road? Is it usual for no cars to come along for hours in the evening? How could have he been in the field for 2 hours without anyone coming by and seeing something unless it was further back than the few feet Jashrema has said.

When corn stalks are broken they usually remain broken because their shaft is pretty thick and hard near the bottom so they don't usually spring back up.

It looks like the whole area got smashed down by something more than just what the monster did. Also if someone is lets say fighting with someone in the corn then the stalks usually would break and leave about 1 foot near the bottom sticking up because the very bottom is tough and they usually break with some amount left sticking up out of the ground. Maybe 1 foot to 2 feet of stalk should be sticking out of the ground.

That area looks like a vehicle or tractor or something went in that corner and pressed all the stalks all the way to the ground. There is too much flattened to be just what the monster did.

I wonder if that could be where he just dumped her as her final resting spot and maybe that is not where he first encountered her and had the initial fight with her.

you should probably go back and read through some of the posts. The picture you are talking about is where they discovered her. The picture is after LE was there and processed the area.

I think you may be able to get the case number or something that started the abduction case in the first thread ... I posted some PDFs in there ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ok. I will search through it.

Did they ever say how she was found? Was she in clothing, etc (more details I feel bad asking for)?

Also, when he was first arrested and detained, was it standard to take DNA at that time?

OK I sort of found my answer...I would expect the answer is no, they did not have his DNA on file from his jail term. The first DNA case was used in 1987. After a case in Virginia in 1989 then the rest of the states began using it (and even then it took about 9 years...and I assume it was used mostly for sexually violent cases). I don't believe mandatory DNA samples began until sometime in the 2000's if I recall?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/case/revolution/databases.html

It's too bad because if he IS responsible for other crimes, DNA could have answered a lot of questions and stopped him sooner :/

I agree with Jashrema that he had his truck all along. IMO the blood on the motorcycle was probably transferred by him sometime in the following day or 2.

I have 2 reasons for thinking this one is the difficulty in transporting SJ on it. If she was unconscious she would have been dead weight with no muscle control or support. If she was awake I do not believe she would not have done something to cause a wreck or hamper his driving. If it were me I would rather die right then and there than be taken elsewhere. She had taken self defense and had to know that to be taken meant it was likely to end in death and would have known what was likely to happen before that happened. I also asked my 26 and 29 year old daughters what they were taught in school about stranger danger and they both said to scream. fight and try with everything you have not to be taken.

My second thing is the spark plugs that were found on scene. The motorcycle would not work without them. I just don't see him knocking her out and changing the spark plugs before taking off with her. The only way I can see it being in play is if he had broken down earlier and had already returned with his truck and was changing them when she came by so he took advantage of the situation.

It is my understanding that she did not know him but that doesn't mean she wasn't familiar with him. Both had lived in the area for a long time. I am sure he probably drove by her house and even her many times. That does not mean he necessarily targeted her just that he nor his vehicles would have been out of place to her. She either stopped or he got real lucky striking out at her as I am sure she had some speed going. The fact there was no damage to her bike is leading me to think she slowed or stopped. For him to time blocking her passage without her seeing it and turning around is a small window. I also think if she had seen someone on the side of the road that unless she was offering assistance she would have moved to the other side of the road. IMO many people would give berth even if they did not feel uneasy. The lack of damage to her bicycle is something that has been nagging at my thoughts from the start.

What is the traffic like on that road? Is it usual for no cars to come along for hours in the evening? How could have he been in the field for 2 hours without anyone coming by and seeing something unless it was further back than the few feet Jashrema has said.
I believe it was fuses, not spark plugs. And we have been told that the traffic is typically very light.

Did they ever say how she was found? Was she in clothing, etc (more details I feel bad asking for)?

Also, when he was first arrested and detained, was it standard to take DNA at that time?

Nothing about the state her body was in has been officially revealed.

What if he knew she was out riding with the boyfriend and grabbed a few parts to frame him? So he may have never had the whole motorcycle there. He always had a story for a way out of his liaries. But I think it's odd the LE hasn't asked, maybe he did when going door to door, if they seen his actual vehicle between 6-11 that night. To know if he drove by them before or if he had been down that road before for work or stalking.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

@Hatfield, the abduction site was very close to her own home, just about 100 yards.

JDW lives on the same road, about 5 miles south of Sierah's home.

He dumped her about 1-2 miles west of his home.

Hope that helps a bit. But as others have said, there are maps in these threads, and if you search for jashrema's posts, she provided a lot of insider info that you won't find in media articles.

For everyone asking, the 1990 case number is listed as 90CRA00564. Offense listed as Abduction, Felonious Assault. Waterville Township PD.
offender ID: EEA23538500

ETA: extended offender ID: YE846858210113867039190CRA0056419900704

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members