Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I also believe that he was trying to implicate her boyfriend. Since he didn't have time to go back and retrieve his items from the field, this was part of his extremely lame Plan B, which was to lie to LE about his actions and items, while trying to deflect their attention away from him
Makes perfect sense if you live in Bizarroland and believe that you are smarter than not only LE, but smarter than everyone, which I believe he did.

JDW was likely trying to implicate the boyfriend since news reports stated that she was on a bike ride with him and hadn't yet specified that he was riding a motorcycle.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a possibility too. Were there reports already in the news by then though about the friend?

Worley seems to have been a very conflicted guy.

On one hand he's calling in to report just about anybody that trespasses on his property or sets foot on it without permission.

On the other hand, he's calling the cops to come out and investigate and file a complaint. He's literally inviting the very people to his property that could blow the lid off of his little secret and put him in cuffs.

Any reasonable person would have to wonder if the reason Worley was so paranoid about outsiders is because he was holding a captive during the time those trespassing events took place. He obviously would've been concerned about someone discovering his secret room, but it would've been much worse if there was actually someone being held in it when it was discovered.

I suppose it makes a certain amount of sense that Worley would've been more worried about a burglar or thief accidentally stumbling across his secret room, versus the police, whom would either need permission or a warrant in order to access it. It still seems like a huge risk though to invite the police to your property, for any reason.

I am still WAY behind, but my thought on this is he would be paranoid that maybe a woman could be heard from the barn. I think a carpeted freezer is carpeted for noise protection. He had women in the freezer alive. It is crazy that he would call police, but I think he got away with this all for so long that he just thought he was infallible.

Here is another possibility about the 2nd mystery bicycle he told police about. Maybe if his motorcycle really did break down and he could not restart it that after he had drug her into the fields and knocked her out then maybe he walked back to his house and used one of his own bicycles to get back to the area. If he pushed his motorcycle back home then he may have had to leave his own bicycle in the corn fields and could not go back to retrieve it.

Just another possibility if there really is a 2nd bicycle in that corn field. Once the winter hits or farmers take the corn then it will likely be found if there is a 2nd bicycle.

I really don't think any of that is possible. Why would he ride a bike when he had vehicles available? LE has never mentioned the possibility of a 2nd bicycle, it's a red herring.

And it was hot and very humid that week, he's 57 and overweight. No way he rode a bike 5 ft, let alone 5 miles.

I really don't think any of that is possible. Why would he ride a bike when he had vehicles available? LE has never mentioned the possibility of a 2nd bicycle, it's a red herring.

And it was hot and very humid that week, he's 57 and overweight. No way he rode a bike 5 ft, let alone 5 miles.

lol

Everyone is probably right. The thing that is fuzzy to me is we know he got his motorcycle back to his house somehow and with the fuses and screwdiver being left there it just struck me that he may have had trouble starting it when he needed to. Or he had seen other searchers starting to come around and maybe didn't want to restart his motorcycle since it would make loud noise.

So we know he got back to the area at some point to retrieve the motorcycle. He either used his truck or some other method like on foot or some other way.

Do we have a map of how far his house is from where police found the evidence. ?

Wondering if he cut through the corn fields directly then it may have not been as far as if he took the roads.

lol

Everyone is probably right. The thing that is fuzzy to me is we know he got his motorcycle back to his house somehow and with the fuses and screwdiver being left there it just struck me that he may have had trouble starting it when he needed to. Or he had seen other searchers starting to come around and maybe didn't want to restart his motorcycle since it would make loud noise.

So we know he got back to the area at some point to retrieve the motorcycle. He either used his truck or some other method like on foot or some other way.

Do we have a map of how far his house is from where police found the evidence. ?

Wondering if he cut through the corn fields directly then it may have not been as far as if he took the roads.

JMO his motorcycle was never broke down. He had to come up with an excuse as to why his stuff was left there and why his prints were on Sierahs bike.

lol

It's way too far. The story of the broken down motorcycle was a complete ruse.

I don't know. My daughter was approached by a creepy man in a dark blue vehicle as she was coming off of a trail onto Brint which is T in Sylvania. The guy actually blocked the bike lane and appeared to be looking in his trunk. Long story short he saw the rest of us coming off of the trail and got into his vehicle and sped off but did circle back around. It creeped us out. We had joked for years she was almost kidnapped. Now I wonder. We go to Mayberry the first Monday of every month. This was August 2014 and about 745

This just gave me chills.

lol

Hatfield the screwdriver was a weapon; a shank.. Had nothing to do with a broken down motorcycle. JDW used a flat head screwdriver to injure and threaten his victim's life in the 1990 attempted abduction..

According to the SW that we do have..they were led to him in just a normal canvassing of the area.
I think it may have been a error reported. I posted the article where I read that JDWs cell phone was connected to the location of her body. I'm going with what you've reported. Media is known for publishing errors. Thank you for correcting. 😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's way too far. The story of the broken down motorcycle was a complete ruse.

Thanks. Ive seen a couple other cases where the perps throw bits of truth mixed in with their lies and was just trying to make some sense out of what LE found at the scene and what we heard from the suspect.

Ive owned a few motorcycles and some of the ones I had were notorious for not starting. He seemed to be the type of monster that would have had a motorcycle that was a clunker motorcycle. My neighbor has one right now that is always giving him trouble starting.

It may not matter much at this point but I don't think we quite know exactly how things went down from the point he first encountered her. Because one article that I cant link says she was found only 1 mile away from his house. And this article below that I can link says this

""The remains were found around 6:00 p.m. Friday along County Road 7, not far from where the 20-year-old's bicycle was discovered"

So if it was only 1 mile from his house then that is a walkable distance back to his house.
It may not matter at this point since LE has already found her but I am wondering about other evidence that maybe still out there for either other crimes or to help seal his fate in this crime.
LE probably has it all figured out by now and that is all that matters I suppose.

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/body-sierah-joughin-who-vanished-while-riding-bike-found-n615456

My experience resonates with Ontario's Mom. IIRC, it was 90+ degrees with a heat index of 106. Wearing a tee shirt (any shirt exposing arms) and being in a cornfield getting scratchy, itchy and cuts added to his rage that his plan wasn't going accordingly. I think he became enraged and violent and no doubt blamed her for his pleasure script being ruined.

I don't see any evidence that he dragged her into the cornfield. The corn was pushed downward in an outward direction. He drug her out.

He was not able to seize her and take her to his horror house. I believe he killed her there. Thus he had to dispose of her body quickly and in a manner he was not prepared for. I think he had planned on having her in his possession for a few days. So he had to get rid of the main body of evidence first.

His plan was further thrown off by the quick response of searchers so that he could not go back during daylight to retrieve the evidence left at the scene of the abduction.

His anger and frustration were so intense that he could not think logically and thus concocted his implausible story, placing himself at the scene in trying to explain it. Nor did he anticipate the possibility of the rapid and timely search on his property.

Ne never thought that he would be caught from 1990 (or before) to present.

I think she outsmarted him and fought him which he was unprepared for and disrupted his plan. And he exploded into violence. To him, she was a "thing" and inferior, her assertiveness was a direct challenge. And he reacted to that. For a brief few moments she changed the power dynamics. He responded in a fury. And then remained furious that she robbed him from his plans for her in his lair. Subconsciously he would have to re-establish his dominance.

If things had not gone so very wrong...she might have been found in his horror house..

God bless her family, boyfriend, friends, all who knew her and the community that is irreparably traumatized.

May Sierah rest in gentle peace.

I will wait to see if they have been obtained before I drive to Fulton County. If not received by the end of the week I will obtain the the warrant records.

Thank you!!!

Exactly. I also believe that he was trying to implicate her boyfriend. Since he didn't have time to go back and retrieve his items from the field, this was part of his extremely lame Plan B, which was to lie to LE about his actions and items, while trying to deflect their attention away from him
Makes perfect sense if you live in Bizarroland and believe that you are smarter than not only LE, but smarter than everyone, which I believe he did.

I'm thinking along the same line. I believe mainstream media first was published at about 2 p.m. the day after she went missing. After our VI posted here.

IIRC...the word bike ( therefore many people thought bicycle) had been used in mainstream media at that time for the word motorcycle ...used in reference to her boyfriend. :dunno:

So, From the warrants.. it would appear :moo: that he was interviewed and he went with those msm reports.

It was here, I think at WS, was the first time we learned it was a motorcycle not a bicycle.

:grouphug:

If it was not for a verified insider posting... :grouphug: I too perhaps would have thought it was possibly the boyfriend from the first reports.

Social media at its best! I still would like to know how People Magazine had it on their site and published within 12 hours.

I have a feeling that somebody here helped direct such... Someone that knows that getting it on social media and out to the Press is imperative to get coverage.

This this this is how a case should be handled..as Foxfire says.. :moo: get the information out quickly and widespread.

I can't recall where is a timeline do we have one?

My experience resonates with Ontario's Mom. IIRC, it was 90+ degrees with a heat index of 106. Wearing a tee shirt (any shirt exposing arms) and being in a cornfield getting scratchy, itchy and cuts added to his rage that his plan wasn't going accordingly. I think he became enraged and violent and no doubt blamed her for his pleasure script being ruined.

I don't see any evidence that he dragged her into the cornfield. The corn was pushed downward in an outward direction. He drug her out.

He was not able to seize her and take her to his horror house. I believe he killed her there. Thus he had to dispose of her body quickly and in a manner he was not prepared for. I think he had planned on having her in his possession for a few days. So he had to get rid of the main body of evidence first.

His plan was further thrown off by the quick response of searchers so that he could not go back during daylight to retrieve the evidence left at the scene of the abduction.

His anger and frustration were so intense that he could not think logically and thus concocted his implausible story, placing himself at the scene in trying to explain it. Nor did he anticipate the possibility of the rapid and timely search on his property.

Ne never thought that he would be caught from 1990 (or before) to present.

I think she outsmarted him and fought him which he was unprepared for and disrupted his plan. And he exploded into violence. To him, she was a "thing" and inferior, her assertiveness was a direct challenge. And he reacted to that. For a brief few moments she changed the power dynamics. He responded in a fury. And then remained furious that she robbed him from his plans for her in his lair. Subconsciously he would have to re-establish his dominance.

If things had not gone so very wrong...she might have been found in his horror house..

God bless her family, boyfriend, friends, all who knew her and the community that is irreparably traumatized.

May Sierah rest in gentle peace.

I think this is a very good theory! I have also thrown around the thought that she was killed at the abduction site. The only thing that makes me believe she was still alive when he took her from the abduction site is LE found duct tape with both of their DNA on it. We don't know where the duct tape was placed on Sierah to get her DNA on it, but JMO I think it was on her mouth to keep her quiet. I feel like if he was able to get the duct tape on her mouth he probably had gained complete control over her and was able to transport her alive. But there is always the possibility she was able to regain control at some point after that and he became angry and killed her. Also a possibility the duct tape was placed on her at his terror barn. Honestly I really hope she was killed at the anduction site and never had to go back to that barn. I hope that she was killed very soon after their encounter and everything was quick.

I believe the simplest scenario. Might be disturbing to read. Sorry.

He saw SJ riding her bike. He was on his motorcycle. He waited for her up ahead. When she came up near him, he flagged her down. Asked to use her phone or something else pretending to be stuck. From what I have read here and online, the area is considered safe and it was daylight. SJ wouldn't feel like her life was in danger and she stopped. He does what he does to her. Leaves on his motorcycle and rides back home. Hides the bike in a shed. Takes his truck back to the scene and takes SJ. IMO he left his phone at the original location (unintentionally) which probably also helped LE get to him so fast.

What I can't figure out is if she ever made it back to his place. If she did, why would he move her to a field? He had plenty of other evidence at his place. But if she didn't, why would there be duct tape with her DNA at his place?

Just the scenario running theough my mind.

If he was some kind of collector or documentor, he might have wanted to "document" her somehow. A photo or something before he took her to the field.

Does anyone know the case number for the 1990 abduction?

I haven't been able to locate the case number online.

It will be styled State of Ohio v. James Dean Worley and should be in the records for the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas.

I don't think you have to provide a reason for wanting the information. I don't see anything in the Ohio statute requiring otherwise.

All in all, the Ohio process appears to be geared towards being user friendly.

The first requests are the hardest ones to make. It gets easier as you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member