Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. On one hand, a car parked in the car park in the middle of Rowe Park might be easily noticed whereas if it's in that little row of car spaces on Reserve Rd then it's not. But on the other hand, parking on Reserve Rd is a risk of pedestrian traffic and light sleepers. Typically that period of housing has bedrooms at the front.

2. As Reserve Rd is a cul de sac without access to Melville St, it's no closer to the cemetery

3. Most of those houses on Reserve Rd only have street parking. There's very few spaces available on any given night. He may have got lucky.

4. If he did park in Reserve Rd then it's unlikely she saw his vehicle. He probably bagged her as soon as he blitzed her and she probably would have been able to see the car spaces. Even if he blitzed her close to the Reserve Rd, there would have been multiple cars making it hard to determine which one was his. Of course he could have marched her to the spot with a weapon while walking behind her but this seems like risky behaviour.
Bart thanks for your ideas about this . But i figure theres one way around this reserve rd theory , what if perp parks the car on melville rd instead ? there is access to gugeri st or wherever without being trapped in the park which is what reserve rd does being a dead end . I like your thoughts about seeing the car , wonder if it was noticed somewhere between club/b.v Claremont & the abduction point rowe park ? Maybe doing a sinister bog lap or something suspect .

Peter k do you have any more on this incident ? [emoji368] [emoji102]

layout app for photos

Bart thanks for your ideas about this . But i figure theres one way around this reserve rd theory , what if perp parks the car on melville rd instead ? there is access to gugeri st or wherever without being trapped in the park which is what reserve rd does being a dead end . I like your thoughts about seeing the car , wonder if it was noticed somewhere between club/b.v Claremont & the abduction point rowe park ? Maybe doing a sinister bog lap or something suspect .

Peter k do you have any more on this incident ? [emoji368] [emoji102]

layout app for photos

Melville Rd is a definite no because there's no parking on Melville Rd. It's actually quite a busy road. Cars often heading towards the city on Gugeri cut up Melville, right at Loch, left at Carrington, left at Smyth, right at Aberdare. A lot of people driving to the Hollywood area would take this route if they're not on the Highway.

Put yourself in the CSK's shoes;

Option A - park in the car park in the middle
Pros - there's some buffer in between your car and the houses
- It's close to the likely blitz point
Cons - it's a bit exposed being out in the middle. I don't think those tress were near as big 20 years ago and think it was way more exposed

Option B - park in the car spaces at end of reserve road
Pros - It's a car park with other cars in it and you won't look out of place. People look over to the middle car park and see one car, they will notice it. If they look at the Reserve Rd car park, nothing will look out of place
Cons - Houses and their bedrooms are a mere 15m away
- The risk of one of those other car owners walking to their car (to leave). Or a car arriving.
- Potentially further to transport the victim from blitz point to car
- Limited getaway because it's a cul de sac.

I slightly lean towards Option A. Tough choice but I think that's how I would do it.

I might go dig up an aerial shot of Rowe Park to see how dense the foliage was back then.

Maybe doing a sinister bog lap or something suspect .
I reckon this guy (whose a good chance of being the CSK) planned everything. Performed recon on an area, chose Rowe Park, chose where to park, chose where to take the victim, how to let her go, and then lay in wait (as planned) and executed the plan.

2016 Aerial Map of Rowe Park Showing Options
Map Rowe Park reduced.png

1995 Aerial Map of Rowe Park a
Map Rowe Park 1995 a reduced.png

1995 Aerial Map of Rowe Park b
Map Rowe Park 1995 b reduced.png

Does anyone know whether the witness to the guy masurbating a couple of weeks after the abduction witnessed while driving pat in his car, on foot, or from his house?

Bart this is rather excellent the MO psychology of the perp .
Put yourself in the CSK's shoes;

Option A - park in the car park in the middle
Pros - there's some buffer in between your car and the houses
- It's close to the likely blitz point
Cons - it's a bit exposed being out in the middle. I don't think those tress were near as big 20 years ago and think it was way more exposed

Option B - park in the car spaces at end of reserve road
Pros - It's a car park with other cars in it and you won't look out of place. People look over to the middle car park and see one car, they will notice it. If they look at the Reserve Rd car park, nothing will look out of place
Cons - Houses and their bedrooms are a mere 15m away
- The risk of one of those other car owners walking to their car (to leave). Or a car arriving.
- Potentially further to transport the victim from blitz point to car
- Limited getaway because it's a cul de sac.

I slightly lean towards Option A. Tough choice but I think that's how I would do it.

I might go dig up an aerial shot of Rowe Park to see how dense the foliage was back then.
<snip>

Reply bm- Imo option A is more likely but will keep it open for further investigation , I can vaguely remember reading an article about this kk attack & the girls mention of the car but at this stage haven't a clue where that article is

layout app for photos

Melville Rd is a definite no because there's no parking on Melville Rd. It's actually quite a busy road. Cars often heading towards the city on Gugeri cut up Melville, right at Loch, left at Carrington, left at Smyth, right at Aberdare. A lot of people driving to the Hollywood area would take this route if they're not on the Highway.
<snipped>

Rsbm. Bart , but was it busy on this night ? There is plenty of spots to park on this corner when I see it on "street view"
Its the middle of night , if theres nobody on the streets , its not completely out of the question is it ?

layout app for photos

Rsbm. Bart , but was it busy on this night ? There is plenty of spots to park on this corner when I see it on "street view"
Its the middle of night , if theres nobody on the streets , its not completely out of the question is it ?

layout app for photos
Unfortunately it's completely out of the question. You're not allowed to park on Melville St any time of day or night. I've driven on that street hundreds of times and never seen a car parked on it. There's not enough room. There's a lane each way and each way only fits one car. It's really obvious when you're in the street that you're not meant to park there so can't see the CSK taking such a risk.

2016 Aerial Map of Rowe Park Showing Options
View attachment 104607

1995 Aerial Map of Rowe Park a
View attachment 104608

1995 Aerial Map of Rowe Park b
View attachment 104609
(Rsbm)

Bart your right about the vegetation growth over 20yrs , thanks so much for the maps I wish could do them too, I would be immediately making one for subway & Stirling rd culdesac . In regard to you marker for reserve rd , imo the potential area of carpark & abduct can stretch a bit north east (to the right) & carpark potential spot further north to end of culdesac . Its not a big discrepancy we're talking , might not matter just an opinion .

Add on ; Also I didn't mean melville rd on roadside bitumen , theres a spot on the corner of gugeri . I will get the street view to show . But really im not really pushing the idea just that it is possible imo . Thank you for the assessment & local knowledge [emoji622] [emoji106]

layout app for photos

06bfde5af71624045b2dec73ee14cf88.jpg
source bart (zoomed in bm)

This area is (option b ) originally from peter kurten post , the unconfirmed abduction zone .
Reserve rd is the dead end . Is the closest building a tennis club or something ? Theres a few buildings to be seen there, but you get my point , Meaning nobody there at night ? Tennis club and /or courts area ... perp uses the carpark , hides behind trees to execute the physical blitz . One other thing bart, a bit unusual hypothesis , is it possible that a car could be driven from the end of reserve rd dead end over a bit of grass or whatever & a curb ? ( Disregarding the blocked access ) & drives off to kk cemetery ? This is an answer only local can tell us ? Less likely but, sometimes do-able ...

layout app for photos

Day of kk , Sunday 12th february 1995

layout app for photos

KK's driver's license was found near the basketball court, indicating that the basketball court was in line with the blitz site and the offender's vehicle. IMO.

(Link to the Post's December 12, 2015 article is broken, but see screenshots.)

8691232bf3ee84bd73bb4f43b5014013.png

86f4dd131c27faf124d01700ab7ecb8c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks sutton 4 your good work ,
How much time had passed between the abduction & the guy masturbating ? That is a strange thing to happen but surely on a weekend 10am morn the perp wouldn't do that . God knows

Sorry I forgot to mention in a previous post , the source of the actual date of kk abduction was from google search of two articles that stated 12-2-95 . That is sunday . also says she left just after midnight from cbv . So probably was after midnight sat night . Can anyone agree about sat night / Sun am ?

layout app for photos

Thanks sutton 4 your good work ,
How much time had passed between the abduction & the guy masturbating ? That is a strange thing to happen but surely on a weekend 10am morn the perp wouldn't do that . God knows

Sorry I forgot to mention in a previous post , the source of the actual date of kk abduction was from google search of two articles that stated 12-2-95 . That is sunday . also says she left just after midnight from cbv . So probably was after midnight sat night . Can anyone agree about sat night / Sun am ?

layout app for photos
Apparently it was within weeks and I recall experts saying this was reasonably typical of serial killers.

Apparently it was within weeks and I recall experts saying this was reasonably typical of serial killers.
Well thats some compelling reasoning but at that stage he may not have been a "serial killer" ?
but extremely important nonetheless considering what was to follow in the years after
310d2ea69143a9220af9d8f3d904d7e0.jpg

Closeup of the area of reserve rd end zoomed in .
Oh so its a basketball court not tennis courts ?

layout app for photos

Looking on street view theres tennis courts closest to gugeri st and the walk track , then behind it is a basketball court further in . Could that mean that the victim had cut through the park and wasn't on the roadside path ?

layout app for photos

This picture is from gugeri st , a tennis court behind the big trees , that have the most bushes for coverage . To me this spot looks appropriate for an ambush . But now with the victims license being found near the basketball court it puts a spin on things and it could be that the ambush may have been near t
c88b84bd8112e114c32bcc24bf924923.jpg
the basketball courts therefore different from the edge of gugeri st . Also who knows with the licence theres a few ways it could move by the time it was found even a bird could pick it up but its unlikely besides I have no idea how long after the attack did the police search the area and find it (on a Sunday) ? The main thing rather is where was the car parked ?
And bart has marked the secluded carpark with an arrow and I agree that its likely that was where the car was

layout app for photos

From gugeri st angle pic of the carpark with basketball court behind in background
b5407d6c06fe0128b141a75bb053699c.jpg
cce97205a3e901c104c6cd236f0c83ac.jpg
from reserve rd looking toward dead end & onto gugeri st

layout app for photos

Here's where the "basketball court" is

View attachment 104613

Here's an updated aerial:

View attachment 104614
Bart sorry your post hadnt appeared to me until after I had posted those pics of the carpark . Now can see in your updated pics this basketball cort & carpark spots & the potential blitz zone . And that has become clearer now this MO you suggest . Thanks for those shots

layout app for photos

KK's driver's license was found near the basketball court, indicating that the basketball court was in line with the blitz site and the offender's vehicle. IMO.

(Link to the Post's December 12, 2015 article is broken, but see screenshots.)

8691232bf3ee84bd73bb4f43b5014013.png

86f4dd131c27faf124d01700ab7ecb8c.png

Theres a discrepancy here partly because 15 metres off gugeri st would be short of basket court but it would be in front of tennis court . Basket court is at least 50 plus metres from gugeri by the looks . But either way the car would likely be on that road it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

layout app for photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members