Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. On one hand, a car parked in the car park in the middle of Rowe Park might be easily noticed whereas if it's in that little row of car spaces on Reserve Rd then it's not. But on the other hand, parking on Reserve Rd is a risk of pedestrian traffic and light sleepers. Typically that period of housing has bedrooms at the front.

2. As Reserve Rd is a cul de sac without access to Melville St, it's no closer to the cemetery

3. Most of those houses on Reserve Rd only have street parking. There's very few spaces available on any given night. He may have got lucky.

4. If he did park in Reserve Rd then it's unlikely she saw his vehicle. He probably bagged her as soon as he blitzed her and she probably would have been able to see the car spaces. Even if he blitzed her close to the Reserve Rd, there would have been multiple cars making it hard to determine which one was his. Of course he could have marched her to the spot with a weapon while walking behind her but this seems like risky behaviour.

Number 4 . This does leave less chance of the victim seeing the perps car I agree .
Extremely brazen to park so close to the houses except for unlikely chances there was a party or some kind of loud noise nearby . Whats the chances this is close to where he lived ?? Obviously nobody in those houses noticed anything, or did they ? If the perp had recon this spot he may have known that the residents weren't checking who was outside at midnight and so felt relatively confident , or else he was not sober . but anyway its extremely risky regarding the houses so close imo what do you think ?

layout app for photos

638dbcfcbf66dfd05963ca4ae2ef40ea.jpg

The roadside where (option 3) of perp park spot , most likely perhaps. . Basketball court to the far right with arrow . 20 years ago was it gravel not bitumen ? Looks like it in the 1995 pics , my point being the posts along the road might not have been there at the time so cars could pull over further in towards the cover of trees than how this current street view shows. Still are we to believe that the licence was credible evidence ? If time had passed by the time its found . Did the police investigate the nearby houses to ask if they knew anything ? Considering the attitude at the time it probably wasn't thoroughly done within 48hrs unfortunately

layout app for photos

Here's where the "basketball court" is

View attachment 104613

Here's an updated aerial:

View attachment 104614

This seems highly plausible.

The most striking thing is the distance he carried the victim. Lots further than I imagined..... If you consider how far he carried GC to the drop site, the CSK would have been a relativity strong/fit guy.

When you consider this scenario against SS and GC, you can look at places he parked his car and waited for someone to walk past.

One final point, Church Laneway was after KK and SS but no hood was used, could it still have been the CSK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8dcc03ce306b4e01ab2bd64131dbf600.jpg

This is barts 1995 picture , reserve road isn't looking like gravel rather it looks bitumen so was wrong about gravel . Another thing that can be seen with the 1995 pic and also current street view is that theres an exit at the end of culdesac although illegal it nonetheless makes for an escape route if the perp had to do so . Im not saying that he did but it does lessen the risk of being trapped ( like bart mentioned )

layout app for photos

004e65741506bfd0bd046029b8a92e37.jpg

Blurry zoom of 1995 pic showing escape route from deadend
bce24be8e771cb049c8c1eb84a6b5739.jpg
51ba993c9778cdafdd3d12497e02561b.jpg

These are current pics from streetview and still show two different gaps between trees and some (red one) of the trees are just not look like 20 plus year old , so by the looks , in 1995 there was a gap there to drive out of . Has anyone ever seen that being there ?

layout app for photos

The most striking thing is the distance he carried the victim. Lots further than I imagined..... If you consider how far he carried GC to the drop site, the CSK would have been a relativity strong/fit guy.

When you consider this scenario against SS and GC, you can look at places he parked his car and waited for someone to walk past.

One final point, Church Laneway was after KK and SS but no hood was used, could it still have been the CSK?

Yes 88 your asking good questions and it IS a much longer distance than we imagined , if that is the correct MO . The first option doesn't look as likely as 2 or 3 , the last one most likely by the basketball court . Thanks for your thoughts do u have any more

layout app for photos

2a765c27bd4da4e5e79de29042d11a2e.jpg

Option 3 cutting behind the courts . And the subway on far left of screen , a news clip said something like "it was just as the victim had got to the subway" or just past whatever" but that is certainly past the option 1 spot , because the subway is past that point so its not adding up
( Sorry no msm reference at hand )
So its a fair 100m or so to the option 3 carpark from gugeri st along to the basketball court and around to carpark if this was really how it happened then the victim was hauled a hundred metres approx

layout app for photos

71fe4cf65d1dba7b61684b4ce4db22c2.jpg

Sourced from google. Kate Moir a survivor of the birnies & the hero who escaped and identified them to the law . She is a crusader for parole law [emoji281]

layout app for photos

There's a flaw in the logic like almost every other area of this case.

Check the photo of Reserve St;

Map Rowe Park Reserve St.png

There's only parking on the other side of the road (the side lined with houses). The road is not wide enough to accommodate parking on both sides. There's signs up with an S with a line through it. I believe these mean "No parking for the Showgrounds" which is on the other side of the Showgrounds Subway. I'm assuming these are up all year round and explains why there are single yellow lines in the area but not where the Showgrounds signs are. Unfortunately the Google car went past during the Show (every September) so we don't know if those signs are all year round. I suspect if they're not they are replaced with No Parking signs anyway.

So;

From what we have read, the abductor blitzed the girl while she was walking along the path. I think we can lock this in as fact - it's not only written about in the press but it's the most likely spot an abductor would wait for girls walking home from CBV.

The victim's licence was found on the basketball court (it's actually a tennis rebound practice area with a basketball hoop installed to cater for both sports). Unless the licence was moved (by a bird or person), the abductor's car must have been parked on reserve Rd right in front of the houses. That just doesn't seem logical.

Maybe he was parked in one of those Reserve Rd car spaces and he felt safer going around the back of the tennis courts to avoid being seen by cars travelling on Gugeri?

Smart move by the victim to drop her licence (assuming she did it on purpose).

71fe4cf65d1dba7b61684b4ce4db22c2.jpg

Sourced from google. Kate Moir a survivor of the birnies & the hero who escaped and identified them to the law . She is a crusader for parole law [emoji281]

layout app for photos

Kate Moir went to Hollywood. Sue Candy, Kate Moir, and Jane Rimmer all went to Hollywood and are victims (in some way) of serial killers. They aren't all related but that's unlucky.

There's a flaw in the logic like almost every other area of this case.

Check the photo of Reserve St;

View attachment 104635

There's only parking on the other side of the road (the side lined with houses). The road is not wide enough to accommodate parking on both sides. There's signs up with an S with a line through it. I believe these mean "No parking for the Showgrounds" which is on the other side of the Showgrounds Subway. I'm assuming these are up all year round and explains why there are single yellow lines in the area but not where the Showgrounds signs are. Unfortunately the Google car went past during the Show (every September) so we don't know if those signs are all year round. I suspect if they're not they are replaced with No Parking signs anyway.

So;

From what we have read, the abductor blitzed the girl while she was walking along the path. I think we can lock this in as fact - it's not only written about in the press but it's the most likely spot an abductor would wait for girls walking home from CBV.

The victim's licence was found on the basketball court (it's actually a tennis rebound practice area with a basketball hoop installed to cater for both sports). Unless the licence was moved (by a bird or person), the abductor's car must have been parked on reserve Rd right in front of the houses. That just doesn't seem logical.

Maybe he was parked in one of those Reserve Rd car spaces and he felt safer going around the back of the tennis courts to avoid being seen by cars travelling on Gugeri?

Smart move by the victim to drop her licence (assuming she did it on purpose).
Hi Bart , yes ok , flawed parking area - very risky we are finding . I asked about the nearby houses & if the perp had some connections to houses or had spent enough time in the park to have parked however he did. So Did the perp live locally ? It seems to be a poor parking spot but we aren't certain of exactly where it (car) was parked , in fact in 1995 it could have been possible to drive all the way to the courts , it might have been normal to do . Regarding the carparking along reserve rd , my hypothesis that the poles weren't lining the roadside edge of rowe park was mentioned in my posts yesterday , back then the access for cars to park along the edge may have been better so cars may have been able to pull over along reserve rd & the sports complex surrounds . If anyone can certify with their local knowledge please do so

layout app for photos

Bart, you think that the victim managed to purposely drop her id/license whilst being violently wrapped up in a bag and forced into a car . imo it just fell out of a pocket while she was being restrained possibly laying on ground during bagging and subduing victim or being carried . hang on !! Hmm so If the victim was 17 she can't have been using (licence) as id to enter licensed premises ! ; point being it perhaps was not loosely in her pocket ready to pull out in a second when needed by bouncers or drinking alcohol - i.d check by bartenders . Bart dropping the license is a chance but imo less than 50% , im going with the blitz and struggle fall over and it falls out hypothesis [emoji368]

layout app for photos

It would be good to know these questions;

How quickly did he put a bag over her head? Did he walk her without the bag with say, a knife at her neck whist position behind her so she couldn't see him?
Did he use a weapon? If this is the CSK then we might get some idea how he might have controlled the CSK victims.
How did she come to have an opinion as to what car he drove? Did she see his car, or did she here the sliding door of a van, or the lowering of a tailgate?
What did she see when she was released? Did he ask her to count to 100 before turning? Did he leave her tied up? etc Did she see his car?

Whatever we assume about KK, he has abducted the girl and walked her to his car which is parked somewhere away from the abduction point. He's gone from one side of the park over to the other where his car is parked. There's two locations this set up works for CG and one for SS.

I'm still not sold on blitz attack for SS but have a look at the similarities;

Map potential blitz locations.jpg

If we were to make an assumption that all girls were blitzed then where did JR get blitzed from?

Whatever we assume about KK, he has abducted the girl and walked her to his car which is parked somewhere away from the abduction point. He's gone from one side of the park over to the other where his car is parked. There's two locations this set up works for CG and one for SS.

View attachment 104654

If we were to make an assumption that all girls were blitzed then where did JR get blitzed from?

CSK could have been parked on that 70m stretch of carpark on Stirling Hwy, would only need a short break in traffic to abduct and drag her 5 metres.

View attachment 104654

Bart your exceptional [emoji622] , those sites you've marked show amazing hypothesizing skills , so tell me have you previously known that ? Or is this a newly formed MO ? Thank you so much

layout app for photos

It would be good to know these questions;

How quickly did he put a bag over her head? Did he walk her without the bag with say, a knife at her neck whist position behind her so she couldn't see him?
Did he use a weapon? If this is the CSK then we might get some idea how he might have controlled the CSK victims.
How did she come to have an opinion as to what car he drove? Did she see his car, or did she here the sliding door of a van, or the lowering of a tailgate?
What did she see when she was released? Did he ask her to count to 100 before turning? Did he leave her tied up? etc Did she see his car?
your right bart , after thinking about it for a while can understand the victim may well have dropped the license purposely iF she was walking . It would be better to know more,,,, about the victims understanding where they were taken from / to in rowe park .
Im happy that we are looking on the same page fellow sleuthers . Need to process barts new revelation , im not familiar with this zone except going on the stirling hwy past . The subway & stirling road golf course is known to me and im looking forward to investigating M.O especially subway ,but that can wait for now

layout app for photos

Has this been looked at ever before ( 1995 photos ) of similar type or are they "96 /97 era ? Street View isn't able to see enough ,Google earth coming up .
Im not sure what anyone else thinks about barts points but im feeling that its worth having a good look there

layout app for photos

CSK could have been parked on that 70m stretch of carpark on Stirling Hwy, would only need a short break in traffic to abduct and drag her 5 metres.

It's pretty risky both parking there as well as forcing someone into the car. I'm not sure if that was still a Mazda dealership in 1996 but if so there would be chains across the entrances. Walking 70m up to the Olifants building is also a huge risk.

If the MO was to lie in wait then the whole SS scenario doesn't work for me. The obvious spot is near the telephone box with car parked in carpark at rear of Christ Church Centre. The chances of a lone female walking on that side of Stirling Rd is slim IMO.

Has this been looked at ever before ( 1995 photos ) of similar type or are they "96 /97 era ? Street View isn't able to see enough ,Google earth coming up .
Im not sure what anyone else thinks about barts points but im feeling that its worth having a good look there

layout app for photos
I'm not posting anything new. This has all been put out there before.

If you want to access the aerial maps go to Langate. Use the mosaic tool and then select 1995.

On one hand I lean towards KK being the CSK but on the other hand I'm not convinced the girls were blitz attacked. How do we explain why the CSK chose to wait on the side of the road with a lower chance of a girl walking past? He may have stalked her on foot from St Quentin's Ave but that's increasing his chances of abducting a victim a long way from his car. I think if it's a blitz attack then lie and wait is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach