OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some thoughts, jumping off your post;

I believe that there were at least two of assailants. DR was awake, when they came to the house. I've got a screenshot of her last FB post and I feel like she was killed shortly after that post. (Btw, is it just me, or has the BH Memorial site been shut down?) I believe that she opened the door, b/c she knew the person at the door. HMR was asleep, may have awakened briefly, but there was two of them, so it didn't matter. CR2 was either awake, or awoke after the shots, and tried to hide.

I think that KR was awake ,(or awakened), and he too allowed them inside.

From all indications, both of the homes, at those scenes, were left unlocked.

We do know that they, at either one, or both, FR's home, or CR1's, had easy access.

Why lock back only CR1's, and FR's, trailers? We have been told that they were locked, and it's also been said, by BJM, in an interview, that she pulled back a cover, that was on CR1. I think that they knew she'd be coming by early that morning, and by locking the scenes, it might buy them a little time, or, they knew BJM, and had some sort of empathy, over her finding her in-laws and nephews. I'm leaning toward the former.

LM said that the trailer where GR & CR1 were found, was only a shell. I wonder if GR and CR stayed with FR & HHG? Is that why little B didn't have a room fixed up yet? Did someone get them to split up? Get CR1 and GR, to meet their assailants at CR1's trailer, to split up that group of full grown males? Three adult males, who didn't mind a fight, might have outnumbered the assailants.

I do think that the Ws know something. These folks have been friends with the Rs since before S came along. HMR had been seeing JW since she was around 14. She went on vacation with them, was at their home quite a lot, and didn't yet have S. I think JW was the first boy she'd dated seriously, and she'd decided that she wanted to play the field a bit after awhile. Then she found out she was expecting her second. The two families knew each other, were friendly, and it has been said, by AW, that CR1 and GW, were business partners. LM said, It seems more like a hate crime. Well, familiarity can sometimes breed contempt. The two sets of Ws are the only folks that the Rs had the most familiarity with. The most in common.

To me, there were too many ways to go about obtaining custody, or visitation, set in stone, without killing eight people. They even left the most vocal family member alive. It doesn't make sense to me, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen; We do see a new hair style/dye job on JW around that time, and there's his "missed it by hours" statement, that throws me big time. I'm not saying it isn't the Ws. I just have them hovering around 4-5 on my Top Five list of theories.

(1) https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news...illing-Slaying-Facebook-Threat-377011761.html

I was going over a lot of articles yesterday on the anniversary,and reading the flyer that was posted along with the billboard.Under each picture a few word about their life, but under Dana’s it said someone BROKE into my home.CRsr and FR had no mention of entry. KR’s said someone walked in.

Thinking back, I remember DeWine, in one of his interview saying only one home showed some sign of forced entry, I never heard mention of it again

I was going over a lot of articles yesterday on the anniversary,and reading the flyer that was posted along with the billboard.Under each picture a few word about their life, but under Dana’s it said someone BROKE into my home.CRsr and FR had no mention of entry. KR’s said someone walked in.

Thinking back, I remember DeWine, in one of his interview saying only one home showed some sign of forced entry, I never heard mention of it again

Great find! I have a slightly o/t question, how do we alert a mod, so they can start a new thread?

attachment.php
Here is the pictueofDana
i forgot to add with my previous post.

Attachments

• C70BDE3A-00B6-450E-8B93-01AA40BC42F3.jpg
    C70BDE3A-00B6-450E-8B93-01AA40BC42F3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 125

I think I remember that too, now that you mention it, but, after that, the papers all said that no homes showed forced entry. Which, we have only the one police report stating "no forced entry" where two victims were found. I think he said it on air. I did think that, with DR being found near the door, that it could have shown signs of a struggle to close the door, after she cracked it and saw who it was. All they needed was for her to crack the door. I've done that myself. Late at night and someone's vehicle has broken down, they'll knock on the door, and ask to use the cell. I usually open the door and hand them my cell. I could be scammed one day, but, so far so good.

ETA: I know the killers have been thought of as somewhat compassionate or familiar with the children in the family to have spared their lives. I don't think that's necessarily true. They may have spared infants and toddlers out of some minimal level of compassion. They also could have done it because, if caught and convicted, they wouldn't face abuse in the prison system for murdering small children. If so, it may indicate people who have served time in prison. JMO, it doesn't mean they were close to the family.

BBM

Rhoden family massacre: On second anniversary, 'I still got a lot of hate'

Manley remains convinced someone close to his family killed them.

Rhoden family massacre: 2 years later, no arrests, no motives

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska.

He said authorities are focused on the Wagners in the investigation of the April 22, 2016 slayings. Two agents from the state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office remain assigned to the case full-time and work out of an office in the county, Junk said.

"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.

BBM

Rhoden family massacre: On second anniversary, 'I still got a lot of hate'

Manley remains convinced someone close to his family killed them.

I hate to say it, but LM may be wrong about that. LE's first focus seemed to be family and close friends. It led nowhere, apparently. By the time they moved their focus to the W family, it may have been too late. Not sure why that investigation has stalled, but it has.

LE's early messaging about the murders was confusing, possibly harmful. The message to the public was that the killers knew how to get in, that there was no forced entry. They knew the dogs, etc. Many of us have suspected that's inaccurate information. All that angry talk in the news media directed at friends and family members yielded nothing and sowed a lot of confusion.

It's a cold case now and someone else needs to take it over. JMO, DeWine has washed his hands of it, he's not interested anymore. He's focused on running for governor. Kasich was never interested in it. They both want the case to go away.

Little will be done until early next year, at best, and that only if the new AG takes an interest in it. LE sounds like they've investigated everything they think needs investigating.

What's left? It's a cold case.

ETA: Most sincere condolences to the family and friends of the Rhodens & Hannah Gilley. You all deserve justice for your loved ones and the respect and support of the public. You have that from me. We'll just have to work hard to get this case moving forward again. Somehow, it has to be done.

Same here amauet. I consider hillbilly a compliment. Speaking to your last statement, yes, agree. Unfortunately, when folks get addicted, they'll take the pennies off a dead man's eyes. Someone stole a vehicle, out of the front yard, in broad daylight! You could see where they'd rolled it up onto a trailer, and just drove off. They weren't kin, but I'm almost positive I know the person who did it, they are an addict, and I haven't seen them around since it happened, so... Haven't ever seen the vehicle again, either. It's probably about the size of a sugar cube now. :( Addiction will make folks do things, that they'd never have thought they'd do, before the addiction took hold of their lives. Could someone give an addict some of the stuff they crave, then chat them up? Absolutely. The addict probably may not even remember what all they'd told the next day.

I am a proud redneck and I cling to my Stetson hat and cowgirl boots. LOL.

BTW I feel so sorry for all of you in Ohio, especially the CPA's. I spent two days on an Ohio state tax return this year and was just about pulling out my hair over the RITA form. My condolences at tax time to all of you Yankies from Ohio. :happydance:

I hate to say it, but LM may be wrong about that. LE's first focus seemed to be family and close friends. It led nowhere, apparently. By the time they moved their focus to the W family, it may have been too late. Not sure why that investigation has stalled, but it has.

LE's early messaging about the murders was confusing, possibly harmful. The message to the public was that the killers knew how to get in, that there was no forced entry. They knew the dogs, etc. Many of us have suspected that's inaccurate information. All that angry talk in the news media directed at friends and family members yielded nothing and sowed a lot of confusion.

It's a cold case now and someone else needs to take it over. JMO, DeWine has washed his hands of it, he's not interested anymore. He's focused on running for governor. Kasich was never interested in it. They both want the case to go away.

Little will be done until early next year, at best, and that only if the new AG takes an interest in it. LE sounds like they've investigated everything they think needs investigating.

What's left? It's a cold case.

The Wagners have continued to deny involvement, saying they too were heartbroken by the deaths of their longtime friends. Angela Wagner said her husband and Christopher Rhoden, Sr., were longtime friends. Others have said the two were also business partners who had had a falling out before the homicides.

I would say being longtime friends and business partners would qualify the W's as being described as being close to the family. JMO

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will only say that investigators remain focused on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhoden family but moved last year to Alaska.

He said authorities are focused on the Wagners in the investigation of the April 22, 2016 slayings. Two agents from the state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and a member of the Pike County Sheriff’s Office remain assigned to the case full-time and work out of an office in the county, Junk said.

"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.

I found that pretty interesting too.

The Wagners have continued to deny involvement, saying they too were heartbroken by the deaths of their longtime friends. Angela Wagner said her husband and Christopher Rhoden, Sr., were longtime friends. Others have said the two were also business partners who had had a falling out before the homicides.

I would say being longtime friends and business partners would qualify the W's as being described as being close to the family. JMO

Not really, I disagree. If LE considered them close friends/family, they would have begun investigating them earlier on, long before they moved to AK.

Whatever semantics one may wish to argue, neither LE nor the surviving immediate family of the Rhodens & Hannah Gilley seemed to consider them close friends of the family. In fact, relations between the families was quite strained before the massacre.

Should they have been looked at sooner? Yes. Would it have made a difference with this investigative team? Probably not. JMO this team has been more focused on damage control thatn solving the murders. They thought they could do both. They couldn't.

I wonder if they would mind if someone took up a collection or looked into hiring their own outside private investigator?

JMO, the surviving members of the Rhoden family should consider bringing a civil suit against the W family for the murders. It would open up some of the evidence files and subject W's and investigators to depositions. There's enough probable cause and quite a bit of circumstantial evidence. It's actually a pretty strong civil case and the fact the case is now cold also works in its favor.

Like the Rebecca Zahau case, a civil suit wouldn't be about collecting money from the killers, it would be about getting facts out to the public and lighting a fire under LE to begin a new investigation.

It would probably take a few years, but might be worth it.

ETA: They should also add something about the custody of S. I still can't believe that an AG, BCI and PCSO are willing to let the W family keep custody of S while still considering her guardians as murderers. Either they don't care about the safety of S or they're blowing smoke about their commitment to bring the W's to justice. JMO, as always.

I think so too. I speak this way about my former fil. I consider him family. Not to mention, JW was kind of an ex-sil. He and HMR were together longer than some marriages. The were together for what? Five years, at least, and had a child together. He was truly a part of the M family and the R family, and HMR a part of the W family. I really hate to think that a family would stoop to murdering a 16 y/o child, and the 19 y/o mother of a child they claim to love, but who would not have been born, had not it been for that mother. I guess that's where I have a hard time. The Ws are such an average looking family, who don't appear to be tech savvy, w/no violent pasts, and no real LE records, to think that they could mastermind the murders of eight people, in four different locations, quickly, efficiently, and with little trouble it seems, just blows the mind, but, I guess it could happen.

I think so too. I speak this way about my former fil. I consider him family. Not to mention, JW was kind of an ex-sil. He and HMR were together longer than some marriages. The were together for what? Five years, at least, and had a child together. He was truly a part of the M family and the R family, and HMR a part of the W family. I really hate to think that a family would stoop to murdering a 16 y/o child, and the 19 y/o mother of a child they claim to love, but who would not have been born, had not it been for that mother. I guess that's where I have a hard time. The Ws are such an average looking family, who don't appear to be tech savvy, w/no violent pasts, and no real LE records, to think that they could mastermind the murders of eight people, in four different locations, quickly, efficiently, and with little trouble it seems, just blows the mind, but, I guess it could happen.

But they may be mass killers or people who arranged the murders of 8 members of a family.

They're not nice people and they weren't friends of the Rhoden family. People who murder an entire family don't have any love or affection in their hearts for the victims. It's cruel and grotesque portray their relationship with the dead family in such a glowing, sentimental manner.

RSBM

I agree 100%. Im confident they have forensics, but they need that eyewitness or a confession because the forensics has became circumstantial considering the close relationships the killer(s) had with the victims.

It is very ODD that it took so long to execute searches of their property. Way too long. We can assume that any evidence that could have potentially been at the W property early on had since been disposed of or destroyed by the time their property was searched. Did we ever find out what that 5th search warrant was for early on?

I kind of expected that. Since him and Hanna weren’t romantically involved at the time of the murders combined with his young age, I was pretty sure he would be involved with someone romantically pretty quick.

After watching the Sierah Joaghin trial, I learned a little more about how BCI operates. From my understanding, their evidence and findings are fluid between other investigating agencies involved.

I feel like he’s saying it would be a miracle to find any remaining evidence in the trailers so basically the question of chain of custody will be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Took me a solid 20 minutes to figure out what CF meant LOL. I agree there’s conflict between the two counties and I blame DeWine.

Someone’s conscious will get the best of them. Or someone will brag about their heinous actions to the wrong person. What’s done in the dark always comes to light.

What’s done in the dark always comes to light.

I agree 100%. A person was just charged today in the Laura Bible and Ashley Freeman murder/ disappearance from December of 1999. Almost 20 years now.

I wonder if any of the surviving members of the Rhoden family would be willing to talk to Dr Cyril Wecht about having second autopsies done? Perhaps Dr. Wecht could learn something from viewing the unredacted autopsy reports first.

Wonder if they would be willing to be intereviewed for one of the national news magazine shows? It takes some courage, but I'm sure they're strong enough to do it.

ETA: I'm going to add a link to Dr. Wecht's web site in case someone wants to review it and contact him.

http://www.cyrilwecht.com/

His office is in Pittsburgh, PA, not far from Pike County.

Here's a link to the page with information to inquire about a consultation:

http://www.cyrilwecht.com/services.php

But they may be mass killers or people who arranged the murders of 8 members of a family.

They're not nice people and they weren't friends of the Rhoden family. People who murder an entire family don't have any love or affection in their hearts for the victims. It's cruel and grotesque portray their relationship with the dead family in such a glowing, sentimental manner.

There was nothing glowing or sentimental about that. I was stating facts. I believe that when LM speaks of "family", he's speaking of, at the very least, JW. They may be killers, but, they've obviously kept up a good front. They appear to be the type folks I'd likely not be rubbing elbows with, but, again, that's just my perception. The Rs and the Ms are more my style, but, I have nothing more on the Ws than the rest of you do. Which means, they are not even suspects, according to LE. They're only being looked at hard. I don't know why you think they were never friends with them. I'm not saying they ate Sunday dinner together, but their kids had a child together and the two had been together for almost five years. I have contact with my kids' inlaws, and while we don't hang out, or do dinners, or holidays, I would call them, "friend". If they murder me tomorrow, then I was obviously wrong about that.

There was nothing glowing or sentimental about that. I was stating facts. I believe that when LM speaks of "family", he's speaking of, at the very least, JW. They may be killers, but, they've obviously kept up a good front. They appear to be the type folks I'd likely not be rubbing elbows with, but, again, that's just my perception. The Rs and the Ms are more my style, but, I have nothing more on the Ws than the rest of you do. Which means, they are not even suspects, according to LE. They're only being looked at hard. I don't know why you think they were never friends with them. I'm not saying they ate Sunday dinner together, but their kids had a child together and the two had been together for almost five years. I have contact with my kids' inlaws, and while we don't hang out, or do dinners, or holidays, I would call them, "friend". If they murder me tomorrow, then I was obviously wrong about that.

They were in the midst of a custody battle over Hanna's daughter, S. They wanted to take her away from her mother and grandparents. That's not friendly.

If you're thinking more in terms of them being frenemies, I don't pick that up in the relationship, either. Hanna was moving on, didn't want to be in a relationship anymore with JW. That was a good thing, considering his having sex with her at age 14 could be considered statutory rape. She wasn't mature enough to consent to an adult sexual relationship. He was controlling and according to some reports, stalker-ish. It was a positive thing for Hanna that she was finally breaking free of his control of her life and that of his mother.

These people's lives had value and meaning, regardless of their poverty. They deserved to live, not die. They deserve respect in death, not to be regarded as if they were a bunch of people who couldn't tell their friends from their enemies or had no right to control their own lives and futures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay