‘20/20’ Pre-trial interviews with former FBI agent Tom Martens and Molly Corbett

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, if they were trying to make SM minimal in the activity of killing her SIL, they worked it. But the facts remain, she was onsite, she knew the situation (whether it was Molly's situation or something else), she was downstairs while the killing was going on over her head. You have to wonder what the other kids in the family think about what their parents have done for Molly-

I wonder what the spouses/ partners of their other kids think about all this. They must wonder what TM and SM say about them behind their back? And how would TM/ SM react in the face of a son's marital difficulties or custody disputes?

I watched the 20/20 episode although I rarely watch broadcast news, I prefer print sources. I was surprised by how unmoved by MM I was (she seemed flat, untruthful, & honestly, mentally ill) & I thought her father, Tom Martens, seemed to be arrogant, entititled, & evil (which surprised me, I did not have this impression before seeing him on tv). My overall impression is how sad this whole situation is, & how horrible it must be for the children-they did not ask for this. I honestly wonder how this perfect storm all came about? & I also worry about parents w/ children w/ bipolar depression & how that affects everyone else in their orbit.

Yes, while I'm sure her siblings try to be sympathetic, they're probably thinking, 'Molly, Molly, Molly' (in the voice of Jan from the Brady Bunch talking about Marsha). Her problems, because they were ignored early on (IMO) have taken over the family narrative, & now have enveloped the family-while I doubt the sibs blame her, they probably take a hard look at how their parents have handled this.

I really thought the worst of all this was over, and could all return to our normal lives. I am shocked to my core about the abc interview, but I find the vitriol of the comments on their Facebook page absolutely appalling. The things they are saying about his beloved MFC is truly abhorrent. Surely they broke their bail conditions to film these interviews. In hindsight it might have been better if they had of been held on remand and not out running amuck.
I so agree- they ran riot for two full years.. crazy, insane..
But now the extended family are doing it on their behalf..if ME does not end up in prison , himself with his snarky greedy wife, justice will not have been served.

Its still not really believable. If he was that worried that he went upstairs with a baseball bat, why wouldn't he tell his wife to call the police?

Agreed, as ADA Martins said, explanations for Sharon's stated role that night was incredulous, clearly not believing any of the Martens on it. It belies all logic that the wife of Tom, mother of Molly, knowing Tom heard something so bad he brought bat upstairs didn't call 911, and didn't even call up to ask, is everyone alright. Even when the ambulance came she didn't make her way up, nor when the police came - sirens and lights flashing, running in to the house. She waited for one to come to the basement bedroom door, and upon opening it, asks police officer 'if everyone okay'. Defies credulity. My own theory is that with Jason and the kids going to Ireland without her for father's birthday and Jason still refusing to allow her to adopt the kids, she had to ask parents to have another try at changing his mind, she couldn't let them go to Ireland as she knew good chance they mightn't return - and she had no legal standing. Jason continued to refuse, and that sealed Molly's plan. I believe it was Sharon who knew Molly was going to at least spike Jason's drink. Sharon was weak link, she could place Molly squarely for Murder 1 charge, perhaps herself also. So Tom's first priority was to protect Sharon, then clean up Molly's mess, and save he and Molly. He clearly hoped to be able to convince the local police and DA around to a case of self-defense, but they didn't fall for the Martens version, being smarter than he credited them. Both Molly and Tom threw out 'off-hand' comments regarding Sharon in the interviews - oh she was told to stay downstairs with the dogs, I don't recall what Sharon said she heard... Really, even hearing a fight to the death physical altercation above her? Defies logic and credulity for me. I believe Sharon is key player, protected by Tom and Molly, because Sharon breaking could bring them all down for Murder 1.

I agree, & where does this place SM (besides the trial docs of her cancer?) on the outside, trying to stay under the radar. Trying to work up sympathy for her, but I can't...

It's frustrating that she couldn't have been charged as an accessory, before or after the fact. Perhaps there isn't a comparable charge in NC? There didn't ever seem to be any suggestion that SM would be charged with anything or even questioned, which is frustrating.

With the notorious Australian case of Lindy Chamberlain, her husband was charged as an accessory to murder after the fact, meaning they believed his wife told him she had committed a crime and he helped cover it up. Accessory before the fact is when you know beforehand that a crime will be committed and do nothing to stop it.

'THEY WERE PAINTING IT' Molly Martens Corbett’s uncle claims brick was on bedroom nightstand because it was to be used for children’s arts project

The 33-year-old and her father Thomas Martens were found guilty of second degree murder of Irish dad Jason Corbett earlier this week.And Molly’s uncle Mike Earnest has claimed it was in the house because it was being painted by “one or both” of Jason’s kids.
He told the Sunday Times: “I forget specifically if it was both or one child, but there was a craft project that they were doing in school or some summer craft thing and they were painting the brick or something to that effect.“The court decided not to allow any of those statements in. Consequently the jury had to imagine why the brick was there.
“With hindsight, it appears the jury formed an opinion quite early on.
“Much of their opinion, and I realise I’m biased, had little to do with the evidence.”A GoGetFunding page has been set up by Ms Martens’ aunt, Mona Earnest, to raise $300,000 to help with their legal costs in lodging an appeal and to also “fight the wrongful death suit”.
But supporters of the Corbett family have reacted angrily online to the creation of the page, just days after they were both unanimously found guilty, the Limerick Leader reports.
One said: “Molly and Tom put the Corbett family through sheer hell and continue to do so. Stop.”
https://www.thesun.ie/news/1392235/m...r-art-project/

'THEY WERE PAINTING IT' Molly Martens Corbett’s uncle claims brick was on bedroom nightstand because it was to be used for children’s arts project

The 33-year-old and her father Thomas Martens were found guilty of second degree murder of Irish dad Jason Corbett earlier this week.And Molly’s uncle Mike Earnest has claimed it was in the house because it was being painted by “one or both” of Jason’s kids.
He told the Sunday Times: “I forget specifically if it was both or one child, but there was a craft project that they were doing in school or some summer craft thing and they were painting the brick or something to that effect.“The court decided not to allow any of those statements in. Consequently the jury had to imagine why the brick was there.
“Much of their opinion, and I realise I’m biased, had little to do with the evidence.”A GoGetFunding page has been set up by Ms Martens’ aunt, Mona Earnest, to raise $300,000 to help with their legal costs in lodging an appeal and to also “fight the wrongful death suit”.
But supporters of the Corbett family have reacted angrily online to the creation of the page, just days after they were both unanimously found guilty, the Limerick Leader reports.
One said: “Molly and Tom put the Corbett family through sheer hell and continue to do so. Stop.”
For God's sake there isn't enough conspiracy theories in the world for this family.

Custody judge
Supreme court
Police
Ambulance
Corbetts
Press
Minors
Experts
Jurors
Jason

All conspiring against them. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

IF they were planning to paint the paving stone, it wouldn't have been laying on the nightstand in the master bedroom. This goes against all logic. It would have been in the family room, kitchen table, or another common area of the house. Just one more of MM's delusions/ lies.

IMHO

IF they were planning to paint the paving stone, it wouldn't have been laying on the nightstand in the master bedroom. This goes against all logic. It would have been in the family room, kitchen table, or another common area of the house. Just one more of MM's delusions/ lies.

IMHO

And how and why did the court decide not to allow that explanation in? I didn't hear that before, what is he referring to there?

And how and why did the court decide not to allow that explanation in? I didn't hear that before, what is he referring to there?

I think basically the kids said it on the suspected-coerced tape that was disallowed- they could have still had the explanation, but M would have had to take the stand to explain it herself.

I think basically the kids said it on the suspected-coerced tape that was disallowed- they could have still had the explanation, but M would have had to take the stand to explain it herself.

I see. So the court didn't disallow it at all then, it was MM who demurred from explaining herself.

Davidson County District Attorney Garry Frank estimated that getting the court record together could take 90-120 days.
Once that’s approved, another 60-90 days is required for briefs to be submitted and then it’s a matter of the Court of Appeals’ calendar.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/news/molly-martens-corbett-s-claims-outrage-limerick-mans-family

So nearly a year and a half min before appeal can be lodged .

Hopefully by then a psychiatric assessment will be done and we will learn the true extent of what Jason put up with on a daily basis

Also I didn't see the audio of Jason discussed probably missed it but again it made me very sad. It was classic behaviour of someone who had been the victim of emotional abuse. The hurt in his voice, frustration, sadness, the why is she doing this? I said here awhile ago if you aren't used to abuse in your home growing up its really hard to recognise it or understand it in a relationship. The soundbites of this lovely man tell me two things, his relationships have always been good, and that the last few years of his life were the saddest.

If you still question it, listen to the child "stop fighting" not stop daddy, don't daddy as is the normal response to violence.
I promise you, those kids went and made those pancakes even though dad was upset and I promise you in some way he understood because they would have felt safe saying no to j for his love was unconditional, there was no consequences, a child feels this it's natural. Whereas saying no to her held consequences and they most probably felt this too and may have felt scared.

So if your reading here and I can say one thing I was SM and I was j at one time in my life. I identify with both, I hear the fear I hear the sympathy of a child, I hear the the desperation of j.

Don't encourage this woman any longer in her abuse please, halt it. When the appeal comes, voice it!!!!!

Jmo

I so agree- they ran riot for two full years.. crazy, insane..
But now the extended family are doing it on their behalf..if ME does not end up in prison , himself with his snarky greedy wife, justice will not have been served.
ME is only going to understand the consequences of what he is doing when the public who pay his wages complain. I don't pay his wages but I have complained and I know you and your utmost sense of right and wrong will have done the same.

I felt sick about martens fight back the last few days but I had a sense of clarity when I saw that there was what? 1000 comments on that abc post, a few on the go fund? I thought ok there is 1000 crazies supporting molly martens they aren't going to convince the rational thinkers nor the sane so let them rant she is still eating slop and looking over her shoulder tonight, the negative posters, they are still victims of themselves. However we are here looking for truth, the jurors found their truth, there is a DA in north carolina thinking of j and his family, there are over 20, 000 supporters in Ireland for j4j and JC and MF rest easy that those 2 dates are being looked after.

Your closer to this than me but rest assured they are on their last legs, I'd be surprised if they got a retrial with the slurs they made on D.C. departments. And with the likes of yourself and other sleuthers/-supporters their comments/accusations will be met 10 fold with FACT.

Jmo

IMHO

also that stone had a rough surface.. stones that are good for painting invariable have smooth surfaces.. not rough porous surfaces. But.. its exhausting.. its so exhausting arguing the inarguable because sociopaths keep lying..
we need to disengage.. the case is done. they are in jail. Blood spatter expert testimony won the case.
It matters nothing what their relationship involved.. it came down to a home execution.. they murdered a man..
Molly's probs did not start with jC, we know that.. they started a very long time ago..
I'm through taking her bait, for 2 yrs we swallowed and responded to her fb comic strips as if they made any sense at all.
Its over. She is gone.
Ditto horrible father from hell..
Aunt and uncle will need to be charged. That must happen.

For God's sake there isn't enough conspiracy theories in the world for this family.

Custody judge
Supreme court
Police
Ambulance
Corbetts
Press
Minors
Experts
Jurors
Jason

All conspiring against them. [emoji23][emoji23]

Great post! ME says the decision "had little to do with the evidence... ". What evidence? A hair strand???? What about forensic evidence? That's what matters. thought it was telling MM referenced "hoping" some science would back them up... that sounds like they were Hoping to get an expert to rebut prosecution forensic expert. Obviously there was none to dispute the science or they would have ferreted out someone. The fact they had nobody speaks for itself.

Correct me if I am wrong but once DA mentioned the brick "that happened to be on her nightstand" were the defence not entitled to then put forward the story of why it was allegedly there? And I don't recollect reports mentioning a motion to allow brick story which was denied? We heard about all the other Motions so why is this?

So a friend of mine, who likes true crime but hadn't heard of this case, watched 20/20. Her impressions were:
--she thought the blood evidence didn't match the dad's story
--thought the dad was cocky in his interviews w/the correspondent
--wondered where the wife/mother was because 'a fight with that much blood would be very loud'
--didn't believe that 12 yo JC wrote that statement and she asked me more about the kids testimony
--noticed MM not looking the correspondent in the eye

I filled her in on some more of the story to give her a bigger picture. I told her I thought MM did most of the killing and her dad tried to help cover it up. She agreed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64
Back