‘Mother hen’ to media villain: The life of Debbie Bradley - Kansas City Star 11/5/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, opening this one back up with the following rules:

1. Stay on topic--that is, discuss this article.

2. Clearly note when you are sharing an opinion or theory that you have come to based on what is contained in this article. "JMO" and "MOO" are your friends. Also " :cow: "

3. NO snarking and personal back-and-forth please. We all hold different opinions and heaven knows we all have different personal experiences to share. Those differences, if related to the topic at hand, can be used to help us ALL understand and think better about this case.

4. If you see a post that seems to violate the above, or to go against WS TOS or etiquette (i.e., a post that attacks another poster, claims items as fact without providing a link, etc.), please use the alert button and send a message to the mods. Do not add fuel to the fire by responding.

My initial thought was to lock the thread down. However, the article provides some interesting insights & clearly raises some questions that are worthy of consideration. I believe that our posters can discuss this article in a focused, impersonal, and helpful way.

Carry on, and :tyou:

It's interesting to me that so many people seem to think this article helps to either prove or disprove anyone's innocence. To me, it's just an interesting background piece, and not a whole lot more than that. But I am fascinated by the responses everyone has to this article. It's an interesting study in human nature. :)

(Or something like that.) ;)

I have a question. Is it normally the case that LE will tape these vetting sessions such as Debbie went through? If so, then I would think they would have alot to answer to if the tapes ever got leaked and the public was shown proof that they not only called Debbie "white trash", but also told her that her baby was dead. Imagine, if she is actually innocent.

Or, the other way around. If there is no name calling on the tapes, it will say a lot about the person who claimed that there was. I don't think we'll ever see those tapes unless Debbi and/or Jeremy is prosecuted and they come up during trial. JMO...

Imo, if LE is looking for a baby and the parent can't fill in gaps in the time line and has inconsistencies (as Debbi admitted was the case) and has just failed a poly, I don't think it's unusual or improper for LE to be suspicious and accuse the person of committing the crime. They are racing against the clock trying to get to the truth and the baby comes first. Now, if a false confession was gleaned from repeated and wrong accusations, it could be a problem for LE and the prosecution. Not the case here. JMO...

If LE really treated her like this I can see why they have lawyers and wont speak. Personally I dont consider LE godly, so I think its very possible the interrogations went like that. Not very conducive to getting to the truth, no matter what the truth is.

If LE really talked to DB like this, you don't cut off all law enforcement, you turn to the FBI or even the sheriff's department. How is cutting off LE helping to find their daughter in any way? Obviously, it hasn't helped a bit.

I have a question. Is it normally the case that LE will tape these vetting sessions such as Debbie went through? If so, then I would think they would have alot to answer to if the tapes ever got leaked and the public was shown proof that they not only called Debbie "white trash", but also told her that her baby was dead. Imagine, if she is actually innocent.

In my experience, LE will at least have an audio record of interviews. I imagine most have video these days as well. I would think that it's important should things go to trial, and for the protection of the LE personnel involved.

In fact, I would be surprised to find out that there was no audio/video record of the interviews.

BBM. This sounded so out there to me I just had to google it and lo and behold it is illegal here in CA too!! Who knew? My husband, a lifelong CA resident, certainly didn’t. Seems front lawns, driveways and front porches are considered ‘public’ places and therefore the open container and public intoxication laws apply. I’m officially so gobsmacked I’m gonna need a stiff cap’n ‘n’ coke after dinner.…um I’ll have it on the back porch of course and make sure my dinner guests stay there with their drinks too. :innocent:

NancyA,
About 20 years ago when my husband and I bought our first house we were sitting in the yard, in chairs under the shade tree taking a break. Low and behold a new neighbor came and warned us about the law. I think it's silly.

Ewe. I would think they would list a deceased fetus in it's own check off list (tick), and then human corpse in another tick. I guess that means that a HRD dog is used specifically for corpse and dead fetus only. Ok, that still doesn't make sense. Dead fetus?? Really??? That just seems to be a weird thing on a search warrant. If someone has a miscarriage in the middle of the floor, is that a crime? Maybe it's just the wording. Maybe it's just that I'm messed up from changing the clocks back. As if we didn't already have enough time line issues with this case. Now I have a time line issue with my Dalmatian and his internal clock telling him it's time to eat, with me telling him, no it's not time yet dude. UGH. But anyway, ok, if a dead fetus is something a search warrant is supposed to have on it, then I guess it is what it is. I wouldn't think they find those very often. :waitasec:

..the S/W form isn't written up 'special' for each search, it's a standard form, LE then checks off the boxes applicable to their search.

..in this case, it's reasonable that they would have gone with "deceased fetus/corpse box since the S/W was obtained in part due to the cadaver dog "hit" on a area of the floor.

SWpage7.jpg

-------S/W page 7---
http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf

In my experience, LE will at least have an audio record of interviews. I imagine most have video these days as well. I would think that it's important should things go to trial, and for the protection of the LE personnel involved.

In fact, I would be surprised to find out that there was no audio/video record of the interviews.

I'd bet the farm that there's audio and video of this. I hope we get to see it before it goes to trial.... if it ever does.

BBM. This sounded so out there to me I just had to google it and lo and behold it is illegal here in CA too!! Who knew? My husband, a lifelong CA resident, certainly didn’t. Seems front lawns, driveways and front porches are considered ‘public’ places and therefore the open container and public intoxication laws apply. I’m officially so gobsmacked I’m gonna need a stiff cap’n ‘n’ coke after dinner.…um I’ll have it on the back porch of course and make sure my dinner guests stay there with their drinks too. :innocent:

I tried to google that too and found nothing.....sure would be good to know....cause the only time my DH helps with the gardening is when there is a beer open and sitting on the porch steps!!!!

Still, that is a horrible thing for LE to say. I am no fan of DB whatsoever, but it is not proper to call someone that. We aren't allowed to call anyone that name here at WS. Link please.

^^^^
Move up thread a page-maybe 2. My original post and the one I replied to are there. If you read the story that's been discussed, you have the link. :)

Don't forget to tune in to Websleuths Radio tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern (24 minutes from now!)... Mark Klaas will join us to discuss Baby Lisa's case, Tricia will fill us in on her experience testifying in a federal court, and much more!

Here's a link to a post with more details, including how to access WS Chat for live time discussion during the show:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7321404&postcount=3"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7321404&postcount=3[/ame]

It's interesting to me that so many people seem to think this article helps to either prove or disprove anyone's innocence. To me, it's just an interesting background piece, and not a whole lot more than that. But I am fascinated by the responses everyone has to this article. It's an interesting study in human nature. :)

(Or something like that.) ;)

:waitasec: I agree it's interesting to see the different responses the article had elicited in people and for the most part have enjoyed the discussion in this thread but, unless I missed something or it was modsnipped out, I can't find a single post from any poster that claims the article helps to prove or disprove guilt or innocence to them.

Dang, we tap a keg in our front yard. People roll in with their homemade trailers for sleeping over and we party down!! We call them campout/passouts. If you don't pass out, you're camping out.

Hey, cool. I live in the state right above you. So you can't be too far from me. I'm 2 hours from Greensboro if that gives ya any idea. Send me an invite next time. I'm long over due for a passout/campout, haha. Sorry, o/t. I know :banghead: :woohoo:

SOP would be to videotape or at a minimum audio tape. It's unusual when they don't. I can't imagine under any circumstances under which they would be "leaked." Police would not leak them. If charges were filed, then the suspect's attorney could "leak" them but then that attorney could face an issue with the judge in the case because could be see as prejudicing potential jurors. Typically in Missouri, those tapes will not become public unless there is a trial or the suspect pleads. These tapes are not subject to the Missouri Open-Records law, assuming there is video or audio. Hope this helps.

If LE really talked to DB like this, you don't cut off all law enforcement, you turn to the FBI or even the sheriff's department. How is cutting off LE helping to find their daughter in any way? Obviously, it hasn't helped a bit.

I can't imagine that the sheriff's office could get brought into this case. And I'm not sure how the FBI could be lead investigative agency. I think the only recourse would be to ask for the Missouri Attorney General's Office to step in and become lead investigative agency. I do recall that Joe Tacopina told GMA (and perhaps People?) that he wanted a new set of fair detectives but I took that to mean within KCPD. This is being handled by the crimes against children detectives. In theory, this could be turned over to the KCPD Murder Squad. There are also regional task forces but those are typically for smaller police agencies that don't have the resources that KCPD has. I am not saying this could or should happen. Just outlining the possibilities. I don't think sheriff's office would be one in this case.

People here have different opinions. That's just how it is. If a post violates the rules of this forum, a mod will remove it. If the mods don't remove a post, I assume it is within the rules of the forum, and don't get all worked up about it.

But that's just me.

I read the tos over again. I like your clarification as well.

This was a freaking SPRINGFIELD TELEVISION STATION. Three hours from here. They know NOTHING about this case. It's one sentence in a three-paragraph story. Jim Spellman of CNN says this has been discredited. It was a misunderstanding by the Springfield station.

All the national media in KANSAS CITY and THE KANSAS CITY MEDIA says he was gone shortly after arriving at Festival Foods. If he returned, it has not become part of the public discourse by the media.

Let me state this unequivocably. If Phil Netz was passed out drunk in the home when baby Lisa went missing and it was just coming out....it would be the lead story right now. Period.

Thanks DeAnn!

BBM:
So, from your experience, the story on the local Fox affiliate tv station last night about searchers finding clothes must be false? I would think that would be as big or bigger news than Phil Netz being at the house that night and yet not a peep in MSM (even if it's a busy sports day in the area, still seems the story would be out there by now, and not just locally - it's big). TIA!

No matter what they do or don't do, it's not the "right" thing to be doing . . .

I understand your pov. I admit tho that if DB and JI allowed the boys to be talked to by le I would feel like they were doing more of the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx