“the person in my daughter’s car was not my granddaughter!”

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This statement has bothered me since the day GA stated this on camera. All along we have heard "old pizza" from the Anthony's. GA being ex-LE, this statement concerns me. If it wasn't his granddaughter, then who was it? He says, "the person". Not "the smell" or "there was no body". This tells me, he knows that there WAS decomp in that car and not from an animal. Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in the threads. I just can't shake that statement out of my head. I know this may not called a freudian slip, but it seems he acknowledged that a body was there. Just wondering how any others feel about this statement. I truly feel the GP's are in thier own private Hades right now, but I don't understand with facts that have emerged how they can still hold faith and belief in Casey. I try to think that maybe they feel they HAVE to be on Casey's side, in order to find the truth about Caylee.

I can't relate to the gp's at all, and have never been able to figure out how I feel about their responses; it's just so weird imo.

The only "relatability factor" I've been able to come up with, is I've seen people jump so deeply into denial, they always ask themselves "what if what XXXX is saying is really true this time, and I don't believe XXXX?" I've seen these people really try to make things fit, even when it's beyond obvious they don't.

Given their lastest actions, the lawyer, the media blitz, fighting with protesters, I'm not seeing many if any signs that this is the case.

I also have a hard time believing they are still clinging to the hope that buying into Casey's story will make the truth come out, it would have to be apparent by now that is not going to happen.

Sadly, I keep going back to the though of do they know more than they appear to?

IMO George's saying..."you don't understand......the person inside my granddaughter's car was not my granddaughter" indicated to me that George believes the odor he smelled was decomp and that he believes there was a body in the car.

IMO There's a good part of George, hidden behind a huge wall of denial, that believes the body was Caylee. Everytime he acts out, that wall cracks a little more.

IMO George would B-smack the truth out of Casey but knows it's doubtful, once started, he'd stop at B-smacking. That's one angry man.

They've accepted that Caylee is gone, they just can't accept that Casey did it. IMO
...and that it pretty much may reflect on them as the persons responsible for raising Casey, too. While they are definitely not responsible for her actions as an adult, I think that they may feel that way intrinsically. Therefore, it overrides the all the current rational and logical evidence from LE. They are so far underneath the weight of parental guilt that I do not foresee them recognizing any evidence of Casey's guilt during a trial either. It's all a waiting game now.

The Sunfire timing thing has me baffled. I cannot figure out whether they had Amy's contact information before or after they retrieved the car from impound.

After GA made that statement, I was waiting for a reporter to ask him "if that wasn't your granddaughter's body in the trunk of the car, whose body do you think it was". None did as far as I know. Does anyone know if he was asked that question and his response?

I think Chloroform is odorless but I am not 100% sure. odorless and colorless:)

Thats what I thought and you know, for the prosecution, considering the high levels of chloroform, it proves that George had to have the windows wide open when he drove that car home (due to the horrible stench of decomp) or he would have passed out from the chloroform.

I wonder if the prosecution will call him on this matter...I know, I am getting ahead of myself...but my daughter assures me that LE and the DA will not let Casey get away with it.

I so pray.

delusional projection: Grandma saying that it is the media's fault that Caylee has not been found. Grandma says it is the media's fault if anything happens to Caylee. Grandma says the media's actions will put Caylee in a coffin.

distortion: Grandpa says the body in his daughter's car is not his grandaughter.

denial: Caylee is alive. Caylee is in PR. Casey has come clean to me (Grandma). The chloroform, dirt, stain, hair, and cadaver dog hits do not mean anything.

just a few examples of some level one (almost always pathological) defense mechanisms I have noted with the grandparents.

It is pathological because the use of these mechanisms are destructive both physically and mentally to the person(s) using them. These grandparents need some psychological intervention....

And it is STRANGE to watch...yes. It is common for persons using these type of defenses to appear insane (the behaviors are pathological...not normal). It is diffficult if impossible to understand them for most people. However, that does not make them guilty of aiding and abetting this crime. It makes them need a good shrink....like yesterday...

Yeah I think he knows.......but he is afraid of what Casey and Cindy will do if they know the truth. He knew what the smell was whenever he picked up the car. At least in my opinion he did

I agree. I hope to see obstruction charges, soon.

OT- But I really enjoy your posts, monoxide. Great work!:clap:

Sunfire[/I] timing thing has me baffled. I cannot figure out whether they had Amy's contact information before or after they retrieved the car from impound.
Cynthia found a piece of paper on the front seat of the car (AH resume'...I know...go figure) with her number on it and she called her. AH was at the mall with her roomie. He was getting a phone and waiting in a long line. Cynthia offered to drive out and pick up AH. AH figured it must be important as the mall was a long drive away. Cynthia picked A up at the mall and they drove to TonE's to pick up Casey. A rang the door bell as she figured that Casey would not answer the door if she saw her mother there. When the door opened she stepped aside and let CA take it from there..

(that is from the 400 pages....and yes I have a photographic memory lol...it comes in very handy being an open heart nurse...lol)

delusional projection: Grandma saying that it is the media's fault that Caylee has not been found. Grandma says it is the media's fault if anything happens to Caylee. Grandma says the media's actions will put Caylee in a coffin.

distortion: Grandpa says the body in his daughter's car is not his grandaughter.

denial: Caylee is alive. Caylee is in PR. Casey has come clean to me (Grandma). The chloroform, dirt, stain, hair, and cadaver dog hits do not mean anything.

just a few examples of some level one (almost always pathological) defense mechanisms I have noted with the grandparents.

It is pathological because the use of these mechanisms are destructive both physically and mentally to the person(s) using them. These grandparents need some psychological intervention....

And it is STRANGE to watch...yes. It is common for persons using these type of defenses to appear insane (the behaviors are pathological...not normal). It is diffficult if impossible to understand them for most people. However, that does not make them guilty of aiding and abetting this crime. It makes them need a good shrink....like yesterday...

That is very informative, thank you! It seems like this family has been long overdue for therapy for some time now.

I wanted to add that sometimes men are more prone to act angry than sad. The old saying "anger is just depression turned outward". Especially men from his generation I *think* were taught to not show emotions, particularily sadness or crying. The angrier I see him get, IMO, the sadder and more desperate he feels about the situation.

See this is where I am getting confused. Because of the searches on the computer for the chloroform I am assuming the chloroform was in the car when George drove it home. But if the searches came on the computer after George drove it home and they were trying to hide the decomp smell who looked it up and who had chloroform laying around the house. Because they wouldn't have had time to order it online. Then again, if the levels were as high as reported why wasn't George affected when he opened the trunk or got into the car.

That is very informative, thank you! It seems like this family has been long overdue for therapy for some time now.

resounding yes! If you look at the actions of the grandparents before this happened they were doing the right things (it appears) in that they sought out a conselor on what to do with Casey's behavior. They were going to attempt to get custody of the grandchild that they love very much.

In the first 911 call Cynthia states that she wants Casey arrested for car theft and theft of money. She states that she has an afadavit from her bank... that could possibly mean that she had been preparing paperwork and documents in order to get custody of Caylee. She also states that her child took off with her grandchild. She found her child but not her grandchild. In the next 911 she states they found the car and it smells like a dead body.

After that....when they are surrounded by lies and false innuendo by Casey....and she is put in jail (she is their child and always will be and we cannot forget that....) their pathological defense mechanisms begin.

Defense mechanisms are employed to protect your psyche from damage. From what little we know of how long Casey has been affecting her parents in this way it is no leap of faith to imagine that these destructive defense mechanisms have been used by the grandparents for a very long time. It took them until recently to make the very hard decision of employing tuff love.

The grandparents have been described as crazy, doing a complete 360, insane, etc... these descripters are very telling of the type of defensive behaviors they are employing.

I, for one, think Casey is loving the distraction that her parents are providing. It takes focus off of Casey's behavior and lies and places it on her parents.....

It makes me sick that she has effected and affected their behavior in such a way. It makes me want to call a mental health professional and pay for it myself! They are only hurting themselves and it is terribly sad to watch as a health professional myself.

again imhoo

This is something you'd say about a dead person.....That's not my father in the casket, he's in a better place.

I wonder if GA saw the decomposed body.

Could GA have been looking for Casey during the 30 days and found her car instead? Is it possible that Casey really doesn't know b/c she's not the person who hid Caylee?

Would that explain why Caylee can't be found? Many have speculated that Casey is too lazy to do such a good job of hiding her. But not everyone is that lazy.

It makes more logical sense, but I just don't believe it. GA seems to be the most distraught of all of them to me, and I cannot imagine that he is truly involved. I think he knows in his heart, but believe he is out of the loop as to actual knowledge of the facts.

This whole thing is so horrific to be discussing, and I cannot imagine how it is to actually know this family. What a nightmare.

Distortion - a gross reshaping of external reality to meet internal needs
~~~~

Distortion being a pathological defense mechanism....

That is what defense mechanism George was imploying when saying that the body in his daughter's trunk was not his grandchild (keeping in mind all of the forensic evidence back in the case so far including the hair, the air samples, the dirt, the shovel, and the fact that George was a sherrif's deputy in Ohio for ten years)

I wanted to add that sometimes men are more prone to act angry than sad. The old saying "anger is just depression turned outward". Especially men from his generation I *think* were taught to not show emotions, particularily sadness or crying. The angrier I see him get, IMO, the sadder and more desperate he feels about the situation.

Welcome txanmom! I agree wholeheartedly. I think GA has stayed out of the media because he knows in his heart that Caylee is gone. To not be able to deal with that grief must be maddening...

What he actually said was "the person in my granddaughter's car is not my granddaughter."

NG has been running & re-running this video clip of GA saying that all along, as late as last night's show. I think the statement speaks to GA's utter emotional pain & anguish more than anything else. Granddaughter missing, daughter looking suspiciously like the murderer, most of America already believing the baby is dead & Mommy is the killer, the media constantly talking about decomp in the car, sticking a mike in his face, "Waddya think, George, about the decomp in the car, George?" The media, the protesters & the looky-loos camped out on his lawn every single day for weeks on end --- etc., etc. ...

George is living in a nightmare from hell. I don't think his statement reflects much of anything but pain.

Thanks,
Soulscape

agree 100%

Technically what he said was the body in my GRANDdaughter's car, was not my granddaughter. He clearly misspoke, and I think it just shows the enormous pressure he's under.

Isn't it amazing how Cindy and George are excused because they are collapsing under pressure and saying things they shouldn't? Meanwhile, the
actual person that supposedly lost this precious child sits on the internet all day chatting up 12 years olds and high 5's her brother.

Someone in this group has a conscious, I just know it. :rolleyes:

You are right on the money. I keep trying to put myself in the family's position. One can never say what one would do in a given situation unless they walk in the other person(s) shoes for sure. The thought of Caylee being gone, at the hands of her own mother, and the thought that maybe they didn't act soon enough, could be enough to push the Anthonys over the edge. They absolutely loved their granddaughter. They had to know that KC was sick mentally. I'm sure that they knew that she was capable of alot of things, but not murder.

I think the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Other people don't. I think Caylee is dead, and I think Casey killed her. I don't even think it was an accident. That being said, I don't find it so abnormal or such a stretch for the GP's to be in denial over the fate of Caylee. There is a thread in this forum for people who think Caylee is still alive. If total strangers are able to think this, why would the people who loved her and mostly raised her not have the same belief?
I have seen several posts over the past few weeks with people saying they would give their life for their children to illustrate how bad the GP's are behaving. Yet, Casey is their child. There is evidence they have downplayed or outright ignored a lot of bad behavior on her part already, and I don't understand why anyone would expect them to do a complete 180 now. They actually did, confronting her with the theft from the great grandfather, and look how that turned out. I think there might have been a split second on their part when there was a connection made between dead body smell/Caylee missing, and then their mind completely shut it down, and has refused to go there again.
JMO, but I feel had Casey not been the prime suspect in Caylee's disappearance, the fight we saw between Cindy and TM would have been her reaming him for calling off the search due to weather, and they all woud have been out all hours searching for Caylee.
Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back