10-year Anniversary

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can you imagine showing up at Sears to have your family pictures taken - and out walks Darrin :eek:

Mountaineer said:
Can you imagine showing up at Sears to have your family pictures taken - and out walks Darrin :eek:
LOL Mountaineer...I see your point! :(

I noticed in that website (in the 'about' section) - his last name is never mentioned! It's only Darin. Wonder why :rolleyes:

What a sad anniversary day. I've been thinking of Devon and Damon all morning.

Mountaineer said:
I noticed in that website (in the 'about' section) - his last name is never mentioned! It's only Darin. Wonder why :rolleyes:

What a sad anniversary day. I've been thinking of Devon and Damon all morning.
I found this website and this one does actually give Darins' last name:

http://www.partypop.com/Vendors/4097622.htm

I wonder if Darlie is grieving for her little boys today, is she sad for them, is she even thinking about them? Although I would imagine she is more focused on being set free one day.

It saddens me to think these two little boys died at the hands of the one person they should have been able to trust the most, their Mummy.

feenix said:
I found this website and this one does actually give Darins' last name:

http://www.partypop.com/Vendors/4097622.htm

I wonder if Darlie is grieving for her little boys today, is she sad for them, is she even thinking about them? Although I would imagine she is more focused on being set free one day.

It saddens me to think these two little boys died at the hands of the one person they should have been able to trust the most, their Mummy.

Of course, I have no way of knowing, but I'm guessing that she and all of the other quality women on the row (who are all innocent by the way) are sitting around holding her hands and agreeing that she's the victim here and saying what a raw deal she got. This has been all about her from day one and I see no reason it should be any different now.

Jeana (DP) said:
This has been all about her from day one and I see no reason it should be any different now.
Couldn't have said it better!

I agree completely.

I found this article - an interview with her mother...

James Ragland:
With daughter on death row, mother focuses on optimism

[size=-1]04:56 AM CDT on Tuesday, June 6, 2006
[/size]
[size=-1][/size]

Don't hold your breath for a death-row confession.

At least not from Darlie Routier, the Rowlett mother convicted of fatally stabbing her 5-year-old son, Damon, in a June 6, 1996, attack that also claimed the life of her oldest son, Devon, 6.

Darlie Routier's mother, Darlie Kee, broke her silence Monday and told me her daughter would never fess up, as police and prosecutors have beseeched her to do.

"She'll never admit to something she didn't do," Mrs. Kee said. "Why would she?"

Halfway through our hourlong telephone interview, Ms. Routier called her mother from the Dallas County Jail, where she's being held. "It's Darlie Lynn," Ms. Kee interrupted. "Hold on."

How often does she call, I asked, while Ms. Routier talked to someone else. "For financial reasons, it's just once a day," Ms. Kee said. "It's about $6 a call."

EDIT BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. SEE LINK FOR ENTIREE ARTICLE

Here is the link http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/localnews/columnists/jragland/stories/DN-ragland_06met.ART.North.Edition1.1353b55d.html

Interesting . . . from your link above:

I also wanted to talk to Ms. Routier's husband, Darin, but he didn't call back. Jail records indicate he hadn't visited his wife since December, but Mrs. Kee said the couple's trying to look after Drake, who was 8 months old when his brothers were slain.

"She wants what's best for Drake," said Mrs. Kee. She called her daughter an "amazing person" who's willing to allow her husband to move on and remarry if that's in Drake's best interest.

Jeana (DP) said:

I also wanted to talk to Ms. Routier's husband, Darin, but he didn't call back. Jail records indicate he hadn't visited his wife since December, but Mrs. Kee said the couple's trying to look after Drake, who was 8 months old when his brothers were slain.

"She wants what's best for Drake," said Mrs. Kee. She called her daughter an "amazing person" who's willing to allow her husband to move on and remarry if that's in Drake's best interest.

Sounds like Darin's got a girlfriend....

I found that interesting as well.

Wonder if he's heard about her new man - Dave?

Maybe that is why Darin is doing wedding photography - trying to pick up a bridesmaid :sick:

I read he had a girlfriend years ago. I think they were all but done when the chit hit the fan and the boys were killed. Poor D and D. :(

Such a sad story, My heart just breaks for them little boys...:( So is darin not visiting her anymore because he has a new woman? He wont hang around forever.

Goody said:
I found myself wondering about the kids who played with the boys. They are all teens now. Wonder if they will ever speak out about what this did to them and maybe what they remember about Darlie. esp the Gorsuch boy since he was older, about 9 when it happened,
Yes, 9, and they had played together earlier that evening. How terrified he must have been. I wonder what he thinks about Darlie, especially since his father was a witness?
I read that John List left a horrible legacy in his town. An entire generation of kids grew up worrying that if they were bad, their fathers would kill them. Murder touches us all..

Clip from above article.......Mrs. Kee said she had thought about showing up with Silly String again this year – if nothing else, just to show the media that the family won't be cowed by unflattering, accusatory portrayals.

Exactly the defiant attitude that helped convict Darlie. I defend Mama Darlie's right to bury her head in the sand but there comes a time when you just have to learn from past mistakes. Maybe instead of focusing on the silly string, which really had little to do with her conviction (it was that big happy carefree smile and those sparkling dancing eyes at a time when most women could barely lift their lifts that was most shocking), Mrs Kee should be trying to prove how the most incriminating evidence means something else. That is what the courts want to hear. That is what the public wants to hear/

Jeana (DP) said:

I bet they will divorce after this fed appeal is denied.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back