100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should learn to ignore them. Just breaks my heart when Travis' is slandered inside the courtroom and out.

I concur.

But today, rose, I'm so very encouraged that the Maricopa County 18 appear to have little in common with the Pinellas County 12.

I really don't think that's what this person is saying. These are in response to questions regarding Mormon theology- specifically regarding 'chastity'.

Isn't this the reason we're supposed to keep religion talk off the thread?!

My understanding is we only want to talk about aspects of religion which are part of sleuthing the crime. No one here is interested in discussing someone's religion; HOWEVER, the aspects of a religion that affect the motive or actions of a killer are important.

For example, masturbating is viewed differently in Mormonism than other Christian religions. If a boy admits to masturbating, he will not be able to pass the sacrament (communion) with the other twelve year olds. This is a shaming discipline. If a young man admits to masturbating, he will not be able to go on a mission until he has been "pure" for at least one month (or more--depends on the leadership). If you understand that, then Travis' mentioning masturbating 3-4x a day and asking Arias if he isn't extraordinary in his sexual prowess is perfectly understandable.

In religions where masturbating is dealt with in a more private way, a young man finds out how his body functions in his teens. If you didn't know how strict Mormonism is about masturbating, Travis could be looked upon as a 30 year old pervert with an unnatural interest in normal bodily functions. If you understand his strict religious practice, you can see he's just a repressed young man blossoming late sexually.

Since I'm new here, I may be misunderstanding the policy. I do not want to offend anybody but I do honor my own experiences and insight and share them with the objective of providing another point of view regarding behaviors that are normal for young Mormons dating.

She's really convinced herself that as July approached "her time was near" and she was going to be arrested, as she took the picture in the T-shirt and shorts, as she told Det Flores those carefully crafted stories to "protect Travis" (for 2 years) and so on.

Right. Not to save herself and CYA. Because she's not someone concerned with herself at all. No juror could possibly be that stupid. This defendant is NOT protecting her "abuser" because he NEVER ABUSED HER. PERIOD. END OF STORY. Premeditated murder. Guilty. NEEDLE.

I think it would be funny if they made her start over so that juror can hear her answers...and the rest of the jurors can hear how different they are from the first ones.

damn. they're asking all the right questions

Yes, SusieD -- I like the "tone" of them... but she is just glibbing right along. Quick with the answers, totally unruffled, even throws in some ten-dollar words though they're not all well-selected nor are some of them correct in the context. I'm verrrrrry impressed. <choke>

as a photographer isnt your eye sight kinda important?

Camera viewfinders contain a diopter to adjust for eyesight and many people who need glasses prefer to take their glasses off for photographing. The camera can also be set up to beep to indicate when the subject is in focus. I take my glasses off and trust my camera. So meh.

I can't keep up. Good to see you, Borndem! xo.

Dear Jodi,

Travis Alexander couldn't imagine what his death would look like. You can. That would be the 18 people to your right.

Oh, one other thing.

50e3db561374011a6099f523e37e39f0.gif

You don't lay on the gurney face down. It's not a massage.

Ms. Arias, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

She just brought up obsession. "I had been hearing rumors I was obsessed..." First of all, bad move, she just planted a seed. How many people were saying this? And second of all, did she just open up the door for Juan Martinez????

Has anybody been able to confirm when PPL held their conference in 2008? Google is not being a good friend today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77