100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted but just saw this timeline video that was posted on Justice for Travis page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8MxOfIWlFc&feature=youtu.be

Its called Jodi Arias Killing Timeline.

Just thought some would like to view.

THANK YOU for posting this.

I have been thinking this ALL ALONG! For her story to be true - most of the accidental pictures wouldnt have even been taken.....

Keep em comin' Jodi. We believe you :eyeroll:

Okay, first of all: I am a survivor of abuse myself. I agree that if Jodi Arias is lying, she's demeaning all abuse survivors everywhere, that makes me angry.

Second: I am not saying that we should judge Travis to be a pedophile based on one comment he made.

I am saying that that comment he made could corroborate Jodi's testimony that he exhibited signs of pedophilia.

I am saying it is possible and that instead of immediately condemning her to death we, as 'web sleuths' SHOULD be examining every possibility. I thought that's what this site was about. not about rage.

I think all possibilities were examined.
-No child *advertiser censored* was found on his computer or in his house.
-No family member or friend has come forward to substantiate the claim. From what I gather, they all deny it and never noticed anything "off" about him.
-No info has come out that he hung around young children, examples: coaching, tutoring, mentoring

Since there is no signs of pedophilia, I think the comment was an offhand remark. I'm sure when he said, he never thought it would be brought up in the way it has been.

Also, I'm sorry that you suffered abuse.

Good morning. I haven't caught up on posts from last night/this morning but have been wondering about this for a while: Has there been discussion here about whether or not Jodi might have been sexually abused as a child? I didn't start to follow the case in earnest until the trial started but don't recall such discussion. Talking heads seem to focus on Jodi's early physical abuse at the hands of her parents, but I haven't heard anyone address possible sexual abuse. Given Jodi's heightened sexuality, does anyone else think that childhood sexual abuse is a possibility?

I'm not sure if there has been discussion about it or not. I personally don't think she was. I believe she has always been a problem child to her parents. Further, I would say that she may have had a mental illness for a very long time. The fact that Det. Flores said her family was concerned but not surprised leads me to think this. :twocents:

I also find it interesting that one of her cleaning "projects" given by Travis was to clean the shelves. Who does that? Well, okay, I do but that is like a spring cleaning sort of thing. I suppose, being meticulous, he asked her to do that. BUT, knowing he had a gun up there-do you think he would have asked her to do that?

when i asked my mom (i was little, under 10) if I could iron and earn money, she said YES, of course.

I proceeded to iron all the socks, wash cloths, towels, hand towels, underwear, bath towels, you name it. Shirts with collars and sleeves were hard, so i skipped those.

I would have done shelves too! (that didn't need it lol)

I am interested in human nature, in what makes people tick. A jealous lover killing his or her partner is a crime but it is easier to understand. The punishment is there to fit the crime but it is the killers who appear remorseless, who are empty shells that intrigue me. Is there some way society can reach these people as kids, are there signs we can note and try to rehabilitate them as youngsters? Is it a physical abnormality in the brain or a chemical imbalance while en vitro?

I also want to see these types of killers brought to justice early on because at this point (until we understand more about the psychopathy) I believe that this type of killer will kill again.

I agree with this line of thinking. Is JA worth more to our society dead or alive?

Someone mentioned her being rattled at the "mental issue" question...

Would be great for a juror to question the veracity of her "Travis proposed to me/hit the wife lottery" malarkey. She's clearly centre stage in her own reality show- let her explain that one.

Nearly unfathomable to believe that he'd be that oblivious to such a hollow, shape-shifting ghoul.

I'm on the fence as to whether Travis was aware of the shower photoshoot. In looking at the picture of him sitting on the shower floor, has anyone speculated that she had the gun pointed to him at that time and told him to get on the floor?

Also, I don't think the photo of him looking at the camera is a look of shock. I would think his mouth would be open to be saying something or an opened mouth shocked look. I can't put my finger on what the look is though.

Perhaps the old folk will as well. As someone (sorry, can't remember who to credit!) pointed out a couple of days ago, a person in his or her 70's today would have been part of the sexual revolution of the 1960's and 1970's. It's just my speculation of course, but I don't think anyone on this jury is clutching their pearls at the sex testimony.

ITA. I'm 72 and am definitely not clutching my pearls. The 60's and 70's were wild. Sigh.....

Does anyone know what Juan said to KatieCool in court yesterday?

Good morning. I haven't caught up on posts from last night/this morning but have been wondering about this for a while: Has there been discussion here about whether or not Jodi might have been sexually abused as a child? I didn't start to follow the case in earnest until the trial started but don't recall such discussion. Talking heads seem to focus on Jodi's early physical abuse at the hands of her parents, but I haven't heard anyone address possible sexual abuse. Given Jodi's heightened sexuality, does anyone else think that childhood sexual abuse is a possibility?

There has been no evidence that she was sexually abused as a child, but it would not surprise me if that were the case but Jodi will not admit it because she might think it makes her look flawed or something.

Okay, first of all: I am a survivor of abuse myself. I agree that if Jodi Arias is lying, she's demeaning all abuse survivors everywhere, that makes me angry.

Second: I am not saying that we should judge Travis to be a pedophile based on one comment he made.

I am saying that that comment he made could corroborate Jodi's testimony that he exhibited signs of pedophilia.

I am saying it is possible and that instead of immediately condemning her to death we, as 'web sleuths' SHOULD be examining every possibility. I thought that's what this site was about. not about rage.

One comment in jest is not a corroboration of behaviour. It is merely hearsay.

It's offensive to imply that this site or one's fellow contributors are "about rage". I am sure you did not mean it.

How do we know Travis was in the throes of sexual arousal? Maybe he was faking it so that she would let him get off the phone and get some sleep? Only women can fake it? Maybe he didn't know how to shake off this parasite and played along because he was at his wit's end? He sounded so tired on the phone. Jodi couldn't even let the poor guy sleep.
Which, as I've pointed out before, is another well known tactic of an abusive personality. ;)

They often cause sleep disturbances or deprivation in order to better control.

I've only been paying attention to this trial a little bit but I was wondering if Arias had gotten the questions from the jury ahead of time so she would have an answer immediately? Sorry if this has been asked before or overlooked it. Thanks

Hi everyone! :seeya: Newbie here. Just wanted to finally chime in regarding the juror questions from yesterday. My favorite was in regards to the television interviews she did (was she forced? did she have an attorney at the time?). Why go on national tv spewing lie after lie in an attempt to keep Travis' so-called problems hidden, when I don't know, you could have just not said anything at all!?!?! :banghead: Her logic makes no sense.

The jury members, although they will be so sick of this case and JA by then, will be shocked when they find out about the stalking, forgeries, clinging, the rest of the lies.

“The consequences of her behavior are always somebody else’s problem, not hers. She is never to blame for anything…Because she’s out to control, she manipulates and punishes at will. She is the witness, the judge, the lawyer, the jury, the executioner – but never the accused…She will break the rules without a second thought, if the end justifies the means.“
http://glennsacks.com/blog/?p=1611

It would disturb me a lot more if Travis had said she sounded like an 8 year old girl having her first orgasm, but the comment did still bother me a little - and I'm just thinking that if I were the girl on the phone with him, that comment would have surprised me and maybe creeped me out a little. I think I would have said that's creepy or what the heck do you mean by that, and Travis would have had an opportunity to explain that it was an offhand comment to convey that she sounded surprised by her own orgasm or that 12 years old is just the random age that came to mind as the age that a girl has her first orgasm or whatever -- or he could explain that he finds 12 year old girls hot, if that is what he meant. Jodi just giggled and continued the conversation like it was normal.

The fact that there is nothing else in all the 8,000 messages exchanged between them and nothing in Jodi's journals or any other documentary evidence, and no corroborating witnesses to indicate that he had an inappropriate attraction to children leads me to believe that it was a creepy-sounding comment that was meant to convey something other than Travis' attraction to children. If there was anything else to back up Jodi's accusations, then I might believe that Travis had some low-level sexual dysfunction - but there's not.

Even if it were conclusively established that Travis had a pathological sexual disorder and was sexually attracted to children, that would have no bearing at all on my opinion that Jodi is guilty of first degree premeditated murder and should be sentenced accordingly.

I was watching "What would you ask Jodi Arias?" on HLN yesterday and Monica (I think) called in and said she would ask her, "If you knew he was interested in children sexually and was completely sickened by this as you say, why would you perpetuate his fantasies by wearing childrens underwear and dress up like a school girl?" Joey Jackson about fell off his chair and was so impressed with this question. We can only hope a juror asks this or something similar. Isn't that the best question ever?

Of course my mother did not: and I think Jodi Arias is a psychopath or a sociopath. I am offended by her exploitation. She does not act like someone who has been abused, not in any way, and yet she's claiming she was.

My point was never that JA is innocent, because she is not - not even by her own admission. I know this is a pro-victim site, and I am pro- the victim. I wish that Travis Alexander may rest in peace, but my issue was with the way some people have been treating TA like a saint and angel whose behaviour and the way it affects the case cannot be discussed at all.

I'm not sure how long you've been reading here or if you're able to keep up with the very fast moving threads when testimony is taking place but I've seen several pro-victim people say TA was not an innocent victim when it came to the sex. Many of us admit that he used JA to fulfill his fantasies and I bet were he here he would admit to such. We aren't trying to say TA was unlike any other man on the planet, just the opposite, he's pretty much just like any other man...fantasy-speaking...but he didn't deserve to die for that (and you've agreed about that).

None of Travis' actions could have logically led to JA killing him the way she did. If she was so disturbed by the child *advertiser censored* issue, she should have reported it. I know as a woman I would never stand knowingly by and allow that behavior to possibly continue. At the point of learning of this supposed problem TA had, the burden to protect those children he may come in contact with shifted to Jodi. Jodi knew he was around Chris & Sky's child but said nothing to Chris & Sky about what she saw. Anyone with an ounce of moral fiber would have picked up the phone immediately and informed them of what she saw...if for no other reason than to protect that child.

MOO

I am interested in human nature, in what makes people tick. A jealous lover killing his or her partner is a crime but it is easier to understand. The punishment is there to fit the crime but it is the killers who appear remorseless, who are empty shells that intrigue me. Is there some way society can reach these people as kids, are there signs we can note and try to rehabilitate them as youngsters? Is it a physical abnormality in the brain or a chemical imbalance while en vitro?

I also want to see these types of killers brought to justice early on because at this point (until we understand more about the psychopathy) I believe that this type of killer will kill again.

Me too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member