100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dh (a former physician medical examiner) says a 22 or 25 cal. handgun are chosen assassination weapons for brain taps. The bullets bounce around in the brain instead of exiting. This causes massive damage. (It is extremely unlikely that Travis talked after being shot.)

Yes, this is absolutely true and the biggest reason that I believe that the gunshot came last. Thank your husband for stating it because it will be more believable coming from him than from me. :D

PLEASE NOTE: The Priceline.com Airline is a - (minus) .... meaning a debit/reverse charge. -246.99.
NOT a charge.

That negative mark looks like a pen mark to me. It appears to be blue ink.

PLEASE NOTE: The Priceline.com Airline is a - (minus) .... meaning a debit/reverse charge. -246.99.
NOT a charge.

IIRC she said she booked the rental car through Priceline....

If you had to guess...do you think Jodi's attorney's did NOT know about the 3 cans or they DID know and hoped it stayed hidden?

Im guessing they didnt know, skimmed over these statements cause they thought they meant nothing. You know it is nurmi after all :floorlaugh:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BBM, respectfully and out of true curiosity; I'm not hip to the lingo.. what is a "brain tap" and how does a bullet bounce around in the brain?
TIA! :seeya:

A small calibre bullet does not have the muzzle velocity to pass through both sides of the cranium so it penetrates one side and then "bounces " around in the brain. A terrible example would be Brady in the Hinkley/Reagan assassination attemp. Small caliber can be devastating.

In my opinion the defense lawyer (Wormy) should be disbarred for being unable to compose a question without leading/testifying, the judge should be taken off the bench for not controlling her courtroom and continually allowing leading questions, and Juan should be slapped around the face for falling into the psychopaths answer traps which divert attention away from his questions. I have served on three jury's in Canada where we are sworn to secrecy about our deliberations for life, but I would find JA guilty of 1st degree murder in a heartbeat. The lies are so evident, the evasion of questions so blatant, the lame excuse of self defense so weak that I am sickened watching it.

For God's sake, save the cold sore and execute it's host.

Love the truth in your words...but I love Juan Martinez. I have to believe he has plan since he put away a psychopath before. If it were me, I couldn't have his patience. I would want to just slap that smirk right off her face. Maybe Juan just can't think "CRAZY" the way JA can.

I think it says on the receipts that 2 out of 3 is for gas, but the 3rd receipt is no where to be found.
Just think it's possible?
What are the odds though?
19.65 : 3.859 = 5 gallons
And she's made it worse by lying about it all this time.

At this point it's circumstantial, but very strong when combined with evidence for no record of return for the third gas can.

That's a blue pen mark, most likely from someone who was looking over the document. My bank uses parenthesis ($246.99) not -$246.99 though that is not to say that her bank didn't use that. But, statements are not sent in color, and the - would be even with the left margin, not off to the side a bit.

Thanks. I just saw the - (minus) and didn't know someone put it there.

Ok, I seriously hate to rain on the Juan parade, but I listened again and I'm not sure this is as explosive as it seemed. If he has a business record from Walmart, that would be awesome and will lock it down that she lied about returning the gas can -- I had not really understood why she would have lied about this and failed to see the importance. But now I understand that the extra gas can is a whole lot more solid proof of premeditation than 2 gas cans.

I also haven't done the math, but I'm thinking that it would have been impossible for her to have used the amount of gas she says she used -- filling up twice between Pasadena and Mesa, plus 13 extra gallons in the trunk. I hope Juan drives this home on rebuttal.

As far as the Tesoro purchases go, if these turn out to be gas purchases, that's pretty important because of the fact that she tried to conceal the existence and use of the extra gas can. I think it's possible the extra purchase was not gasoline -- all we have right now is an implication, and I'd like to see some solid evidence.

Ok how about this. We have her admitting buying the gas can at Walmart that day, there is a recieipt. she claims she returned it for cash shortly after, like an hour.

Juan said Walmart has confirmed that on that day, the Walmart in Salinas did NOT issue any refund, cash or otherwise for any gas can.

Jodi said Walmart is wrong :)

I understand she hasn't said that but she better think twice. Cheetos and BEER - at that hour of the night at a gas station in Salt Lake City????

I realize everyone who lives there is not Mormon, however, it was my understanding alcohol wasn't as readily available there as other parts of the country. Even in California it wouldn't be sold after 2:00am.

:floorlaugh:

I love it when you are like a very dry white wine :floorlaugh:

Ok I am really, really behind now. Just got to the part about 'did anyone else witness your arguments'? She said that Dan Friedman witnessed TA storming out of the room. HELLOOO! Fellow DV survivors: storming out of the room? Is that what an abuser does? Storming out of the room is a good day! OMG I'm just getting started and I'm already livid. :furious:

ETA: Wait, now her only time being physical with TA was trying to push him off of her when he was choking her, but not wanting to hurt him. Umm, when you are being choked, you claw at the hands around your neck. You can't breath! You aren't worried about who might be hurt. Argh!

I LOVE THIS JURY!

ETA2: I am hyperventilating and shaking like a chihuahua with just this little bit of deja vu from a relationship over 30 years ago.

I have a question for anyone kind enough to answer - does anyone know what day of the trial Jodi referred to the prosecutor as 'Juan?'

I'm trying to show it as a point of reference to my DH and I can't for the life of me find it!

Thanks guys.

That was yesterday if I am not mistaken. When Nurmi was asking questions after the jury questions.

I think it says on the receipts that 2 out of 3 is for gas, but the 3rd receipt is no where to be found.
Just think it's possible?
What are the odds though?
19.65 : 3.859 = 5 gallons
And she's made it worse by lying about it all this time.

I'm not convinced. She may not be the most clever criminal ever, but I find it difficult to believe she would lie about something so easily disproven with documentary evidence. She knew they had her bank records.

I'm not ruling it out either. I hope Juan has some follow up to make this point crystal clear.

The priceline charge says PLN - Pricelinesomethin - AIR which seems to me to be an airline ticket. Her charge for the car is several lines above "Budget Rental car".

dh (a former physician medical examiner) says a 22 or 25 cal. handgun are chosen assassination weapons for brain taps. The bullets bounce around in the brain instead of exiting. This causes massive damage. (It is extremely unlikely that Travis talked after being shot.)

So when JA said she was in "mortal fear" or whatever, after she shot him and TA said F-ing kill you, and cursed loudly at her - NEVER could have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine