100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Store hours are 6 to 1am. They are open for gas 24 hours. Between 1 and 6 you can only buy gas. The store itself is not open for other purchases. At 4am she could have only purchased gas. jmo

I'm betting the closing at 1:00 a.m. is tied to SLC alcohol ordiances.

Are we sure that the Walmart purchase was a kerosene can and not kerosene? Walmart sells both.

The intials after the description CARB or whatever (don't have the image handy) stand for the California standards for fuel cans.

Are her grandparents still alive? If so, have either been to the trial? I still want to see those supposed suicide letter!!

I assume others have commented on the sheer absurdity of JA story that her phone went dead and that her car charger device had been inconveniently “left behind”.

Imagine being in Pasadena at around 9PM while aspiring to a trip through the desert either to Phoenix or Las Vegas to St George UTAH taking place completely throughout the night. Aside from the fear of running out of gas- a problem easily avoided since so many gas stations line these routes – the ONE THING YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO HAPPEN IS – TO NOT HAVE A WORKING CELL PHONE.

No rational person would make that auto trip alone during the night without a working cell phone. Every convenience stop, ie gas station, has cell phone chargers available for purchase. The number of stores (open at night with phone chargers) JA would have passed on her way out of Pasadena is SUBSTANTIAL.
As anybody knows the first things one does before making such a trip is to fill up with gasoline and insure the cell phone is fully charged and the auto charger is nearby.

This jury knows full well that JA story about her phone going dead around the time she entered AZ and miraculously “charged up” at the northern AZ border is a total CROCK.

Another thing I wouldn't take that journey without is a GPS. She testified she chose to economize by declining one for the rental car.

If she had a GPS with her, could her route be forensically determined at a later date?

I live between Mesa and Hoover Dam, where it has been claimed she threw the gun out. I tried to get my BF to go on an adventure with me to look for the gun, imagine my suprise when he laughed and said NO , the nerve, he said I have been watching JA to much and I'm loosing it. I say WHATEVER LOL

Don't you just hate it when they burst your bubble like that?!?!

Do we know for sure the 2-cans from Darryl were 5 gal each.

I am thinking the 2.77 gal was put in a 3- gallon gaas can. Like what most people use for their weed-wacker. ?

I be dog gone if that were me I would travel that far with 3-gas cans full in my car. I would be so worried someone would run into me and they would explode. Or something spark in my car and make the vapors explode. That was very dumb on her part. Does anyone know if they were in back seat or trunk?

I hate going to get my gas cans filled for yard work and putting them in the back of my SUV. (Way back) I only have about a 5 minute drive and it makes me nervous.

I think she spread the first amount, The 9.87 gallons, Across the 3. Thinking that it would overflow if she did more. Then hung it up and thought.. hmmm. I better make sure that I have enough and added the 2.87 to top off all three cans.

Hi all, looking ahead to when the defense calls it's Domestic Abuse expert, Alyce LaViolette, to the stand, I really hope Juan uses her book in his cross examination.

It Could Happen To Anyone: Why Battered Women Stay
By Alyce LaViolette and Ola Barnett

Excerpt pg. 111

Men in abusive relationships do not ordinarily respond the same way women do. *In the Carmody and Williams study (1987), men predicted that retaliatory physical assault by their wives was very unlikely, and they further judged the severity of their assaults as very low. *men also reported that they could easily protect themselves against physical assaults: "she was easy to stop"; "I just pushed her away"; or "I restrained her." One important reason that few men fit into the category of battered is that unless their mates have used an equalizer, such as a weapon, the men just are not afraid. *This does not mean they are not assaulted and cannot be battered.

My dream cross:
Juan: Ms. LaViolette, according to your book, a battered man would be one that had a partner who abused him using an equalizer, would that be correct?

LaViolette: yes

Juan: would a sharp knife be considered an equalizer?

Juan: would a handgun be considered an equalizer?

Juan: could a circumstance or a setting be used as an equalizer? For example, being in a seated position, or being wet and naked in the shower?

LaViolette: possibly

Juan: I'm done with this witness.

:welcome6:

As far as the supposed work related injury: didn't she have time/date stamped photos of that injury? How will JM explain that? Maybe it was another worker's injury that JA took pic of on that day and maybe the manager has paperwork on that worker re: worker's comp. THAT would be awesome. We can always hope....

It's possible. However, I also think it isn't out of question that the manager failed to report the injury. I know it is the law, but it isn't unfathomable.

Ok if she had 3 gas cans in Pasadena for the purpose of making it all the way to Arizona and back out to Nevada without having to stop for gas -- then why would she only have put 2.77 gallons in the 3rd gas can and not fill it with 5 gallons?

Maybe 1 of the cans had some gas in it when she borrowed it.

I'm betting the closing at 1:00 a.m. is tied to SLC alcohol ordiances.

No it's not. You may not be able to sell beer but you can stay open as long as you want.

We do have 24 hour 7-11's all over the place, grocery stores too.

OT: Is there any way to find out if someone quoted a post of mine (without having to scroll through the entire thread)? I asked a couple questions last night but went to bed before I saw any answers. I don't want to annoy anyone by asking the same questions over and over. TIA

I live in KS and there was a cold case of a double murder in Topeka. I thought they had no idea who did it until '48 Hours' did a special. Come to find out the ex-wife was suspected ..Dana Chandler...since she repeatedly stalked (I do mean stalked) and harassed the couple, including the children. It took years to prove she too used gas cans to avoid detection to make the trip from Denver to Topeka and back. Long story short, convicted of 2 counts Premeditated 1st degree murder.

THIS WAS A FRIEND OF MINE FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! karen harkness! i knew her first husband, dewitt, from high school. did not know her fiance who was murdered with her. this case drove us all crazy for years. her parents are the NICEST people---her mom died before she saw dana brought to justice. but karen's sweet daddy just dogged this case until he got justice----the '48 hours' piece was instrumental in putting pressure on the new DA to take this case to court. YES, the gas cans sunk her. what a vile, cruel person she was. her own children are afraid of her and knew she murdered their father.

i was born in topeka but moved away when i was 21. glad to see another kansan who knows this case. karen was just the sweetest, kindest person. like TA, she knew this woman was crazy, but i don't think she had any idea how dangerous she really was.

Don't you just hate it when they burst your bubble like that?!?!

Yes :snooty: Sounded like a perfectly logical idea to me :ufo:

I actually feel there is a very good chance she threw the gun over Hoover Dam in which case it will never be found IMO

And an item she claims she purchased and returned 1 hour later, would be scanned right back in... the scan records the return, there is no way around this item being sold, then returned.

especially at walmart they pay manufactures based on items sold, not items shipped. their record keeping needs to be as spot on as possible. this type of inventory purchasing and management is so effective that most of the big box stores have followed suite. jmo

The intials after the description CARB or whatever (don't have the image handy) stand for the California standards for fuel cans.

CARB compliance tags will be found on almost any product purchased in California.

To determine the type of blade that made the stab wounds, he would look for one of the clean straight in punctures and get the most accurate "width" then find the deepest thrust wound where he could see she shoved it down deep.

With 29, he had a lot to work with. I recall 3" minimum depth on some, 1.5" wide (some 1" and some a lot wider) My guess is something like the ultra sharp restaurant knives used in the Kitchen by her cook friends, sharp both sides, compact easy to hold and hide

(and yes, I think she took a knife from work)

oyster-knife-pro-grip-oyster-opener-knife-3.jpg

A knife like that would be handy for slashing tires too. Just sayin'

Could it be possible that Travis may have kept a hunting knife in his room? In the closet? Where apparently she would hide when TA was out and he would find her there?

For some reason I think she stashed her weapons under the sink by the shower. She puts them there, then she talks him into the photos. She turns around and grabs the knife. The cabinet door under the sink was open in crime scene photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966