Found Deceased 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham - *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Article about the August stabbing assault.
"We're fixing it... we're making it right"????
How the heck do you ever make this right?
How do you make it right for Audrii? Give her all that time and all those years to grow up, learn, make choices good and bad, get her heart broke and find love, build a family around herself that might be blood or might be found but cherishes her the way she ought to be? How, outside of an act of God, does that ever get set right?

MOO

Article about the August stabbing assault.
Mr. Stanley received a knock on the door from a female. She said that her car was broken down and she needed some help. So Mr. Stanley goes out to her vehicle. As he approaches the vehicle, he’s ambushed and stabbed,” said Stanley’s attorney David Feldman.

According to court documents, the woman came to his house with a man he didn’t know. After Stanley tried to help them with a dead battery and realized it wasn’t dead, he started rolling up the cables and the unknown man attacked him with a knife.

Stanley initially identified the wrong suspect, who was arrested but later released, according to a timeline of the investigation the sheriff’s office shared with KPRC 2. He later identified McDougal as the suspect.

Stanley contacted authorities on Friday, Feb. 16, the day after Audrii disappeared, as chatter on social media prompted speculation that McDougal may have been involved.

As investigators zeroed in on McDougal as a person of interest in her disappearance, they say he confessed to the stabbing of Stanley while being questioned by Texas Rangers.

Really brazen and outrageous attack. He really needed to be jailed. Poor Audrii. Luck was not on her side.

"We're fixing it... we're making it right"????
How the heck do you ever make this right?
How do you make it right for Audrii? Give her all that time and all those years to grow up, learn, make choices good and bad, get her heart broke and find love, build a family around herself that might be blood or might be found but cherishes her the way she ought to be? How, outside of an act of God, does that ever get set right?

MOO
It can’t be set right for her. Devastatingly sad.

Absolutely can’t leave out this part. BBM.

After first identifying the wrong suspect, Stanley identified McDougal as the suspected stabber in early September and again in early December, but the case against McDougal didn’t advance until February 8, when the sheriff’s office submitted the investigation to the prosecutor’s office for grand jury consideration.
Mr. Stanley received a knock on the door from a female. She said that her car was broken down and she needed some help. So Mr. Stanley goes out to her vehicle. As he approaches the vehicle, he’s ambushed and stabbed,” said Stanley’s attorney David Feldman.

According to court documents, the woman came to his house with a man he didn’t know. After Stanley tried to help them with a dead battery and realized it wasn’t dead, he started rolling up the cables and the unknown man attacked him with a knife.

Stanley initially identified the wrong suspect, who was arrested but later released, according to a timeline of the investigation the sheriff’s office shared with KPRC 2. He later identified McDougal as the suspect.

Stanley contacted authorities on Friday, Feb. 16, the day after Audrii disappeared, as chatter on social media prompted speculation that McDougal may have been involved.

As investigators zeroed in on McDougal as a person of interest in her disappearance, they say he confessed to the stabbing of Stanley while being questioned by Texas Rangers.

Really brazen and outrageous attack. He really needed to be jailed. Poor Audrii. Luck was not on her side.

After first identifying the wrong suspect, Stanley identified McDougal as the suspected stabber in early September and again in early December, but the case against McDougal didn’t advance until February 8, when the sheriff’s office submitted the investigation to the prosecutor’s office for grand jury consideration.
Right. It should have at least gone before the grand jury somewhere between September and December 2023. By the time they moved on it, Audrii was already in his crosshairs. Dreadful.

I can’t decide if the motivation for him is robbery or if he just likes beating/stabbing/killing people. I can’t imagine his motive being robbery for Audrii which leaves some rather unpleasant alternatives. The fact he hid her body after seems to me would remove temporary insanity or even insanity as an option.

IMOO.

Absolutely it’s all important information. I have a feeling that it would be a difficult case to get a good conviction on McDougal for when the victim identified someone else as the attacker initially. However it’s another component that lends itself to questioning why this individual with an extensive criminal record including violent crimes was not in jail instead of walking free with access to a child.

Absolutely it’s all important information. I have a feeling that it would be a difficult case to get a good conviction on McDougal for when the victim identified someone else as the attacker initially. However it’s another component that lends itself to questioning why this individual with an extensive criminal record including violent crimes was not in jail instead of walking free with access to a child.
I'm more concerned with how he was able to get his charges dropped to enticement on multiple occasions and stay off the RSO list every single time. This guy was an unexploded bomb in so many areas. It was only a matter of luck he hadn't killed anyone until now.

MOO

Was anyone on Audrii's side? :(
I can’t decide if the motivation for him is robbery or if he just likes beating/stabbing/killing people. I can’t imagine his motive being robbery for Audrii which leaves some rather unpleasant alternatives. The fact he hid her body after seems to me would remove temporary insanity or even insanity as an option.

IMOO.

I believe we will come to know that he stole more from Audrii than her life, but we know he certainly robbed her of her future, he robbed her of her very existence.

JMO

Yep, this is the crucial question, IMO. DM has a long criminal history with multiple instances of apparently unprovoked violence, yet seems to have received (in aggregate) disproportionately light punishment for these crimes. He acts out violently, makes little effort to hide his crimes, and turnstiles out again. Why?

In cases like this one, as with that of sex offender and multiple murderer Jesse McFadden, it seems IMO important to ask why the "ball was dropped" in the stabbing case. At the very least they might have kept him inside or at least within view for long enough to put him off child murder. Wouldn't stabbing be a violent felony charge a and a no-bond case for a guy with his record?

OTOH, he seems like a guy who was gonna do what he was gonna do, and damn the consequences.

Don't mean to keep veering OT, but since I keep harping on about the case I'll provide a quick link:

Source: KPRC (NBC) - Houston, Texas

Published: February 22, 2024 at 1:08 PM
Updated: February 22, 2024 at 1:19 PM

11-year-old Audrii Cunningham cause of death released​

I'm going back and reading posts I hadn't seen. I am just learning the cause of death now, UGH! What that poor child suffered I can't imagine. I have no words for this monster. I'm also glad to see her Date of Death was fixed for the families sake. It really bugged me. IMO

Last edited:

Tragic Audrii Cunningham's mom posts heart-wrenching message that 'she failed her daughter' as her cops find her body in a river and arrest dad's swastika-tattooed friend Don Steven McDougal who lived at his house

• Cassie Matthews posted the message before her daughter's body was found in the Trinity River, around 10 miles from where the child lived with her father, grandparents and other family members
View attachment 484968
Cunningham's father, Joshua, pictured with the man accused of killing his daughter, Don Steven McDougal. The suspect's swastika and SS tattoos are clearly visible on his left arm
View attachment 484969
Ugggg…Nauseating…

Description of DSM by the Exxon clerk who saw him that morning and had seen before in the store:

Remembered how ugly he was

She kept saying he’s just so ugly and creepy looking that you don’t just forget his face

When she saw the mug shot she called right away

He has like a crazy eye. [One looks off in a different direction than the other]

Very light blue piercing something off

Missing Audrii, 11, Tied to Rock 'Swirling' in River, PANTS FOUND at RIVER'S EDGE - Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Here’s a picture that shows the eye.
Man Accused of Murdering Audrii Cunningham Was Family Friend Who Participated in Search for Her: Sheriff

Picture with shirt off- warning revolting
Who is Steven McDougal? Age, Wife & Arrest Record

He has a tattoo around his collar bone that says "Aint Scared”
Don McDougal Named 'Main Person of Interest' in Disappearance of East Texas Girl

all imo

Times like this, I wish he could be tied up in the middle of town and let the public, dogs, and anything else at him…very painful and slow. I know that is a terrible thing to say, but this one has me so angry and upset. Dammit (sorry again) but there is no excuse for these tragic murders. What in the hell is wrong with people? I may have to bow out of this one for awhile!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back