17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person demonstrating the product was getting an 86% result with known recordings of the same person...

The only thing I'll say in response to this (because I'm just not that interested in the whole voice thing that much?) is that 86% is a lot more than 48%? :floorlaugh:

The only thing I'll say in response to this (because I'm just not that interested in the whole voice thing that much?) is that 86% is a lot more than 48%? :floorlaugh:

In this case, he is taking the tape of a person speaking normally and comparing it to someone screaming. Instead of comparing the two tapes of the same person talking normally. Does this work? If he can match tapes of 100 people screaming to 100 tapes of these people talking normally, then I might believe this technology is accurate.

What riots are we having now? I know I don't watch TV much but how did I miss that????

I know, right? George Clooney did just get arrested for protesting? Maybe that is the same as rioting now?

I honestly don't think so, Ranch. We're just looking at one newspaper quote (that has been repeated by other outlets). That's no indicator of how the results will be presented at trial.

But FWIW, you and I share over 98% of the DNA (I'm assuming you are also human); yet everyone knows that isn't enough to say we are the same person; nor is it the case that somebody mixed up 44% of your DNA with 54% of mine. Chimps share almost 98% and yet juries understand that chimps are not human beings. The threshold for a match with DNA is 100% under normal circumstances, I believe.

So let's compare fingerprints: I'm not sure what is the current number of matching points required to declare a print a match to a specific person, but let's pretend it's 8 points. Juries can understand that a 4-point match means the print does NOT match the person; it doesn't mean it "half matches" him and "half matches" someone else.
If your saying that the Orlando Sentinels voice analysis article is not the "smoking gun" that leads to GZ's arrest and conviction, I agree.

lol, I get that. But these were also very clear recordings and only got 86% when this expert's threshold is 90%. This does not add up to me.

I just googled "Trayvon and riot" and searched Twitter and found nothing. <modsnip>

Sounds like we've single handedly been stripped of our 1st Amendment Right without us even knowing about it if protesting peacefully is now rioting?

If this goes to trial and he is found not guilty, the riots would start right back up again.

That is quite an assumption and I certainly hope it is not based on racial bias? Which riots is it that will "start back up"?

I personally have a good friend in her 60s who travelled 500+ miles to join her adult daughter to participate in a nonviolent march to protest the lack of due process and competent investigation in Trayvon's killing. Yes, she wore a hoodie. Yes, she is white, maybe pastier white than I am.

Justice has no color. Justice does not undo grievous wrongs, we can only learn from mistakes and go forward. That means not repeating the same mistakes.

And finally, everyone's blood runs red. When will the senseless killing stop. Trayvon died for what reason? Because he walked down the street in the rain in the presence of a person who seems to have been over zealous, paranoid, and who was willing to shoot to kill. This must never happen again.

Yes, but this is where things get a little iffy. If this "expert" had said it was Zimmerman's voice, people would take it as gospel because they have his voice recordings to go on. We all knew going into this, and we all still wanted the test done, that they might not have Trayvon's voice to go off on, and no one had a problem with that because we had Zimmerman's?

Anyways, hopefully the State of Florida has their own expert working on it and Trayvon's family has some audio/video of his voice so they can contribute to someone working for the State (and not a newspaper) in this aspect?

I'm just thinking about what would have happened/been said if this expert had come back and said it was Zimmerman? I don't think his supporters would have had a problem with it? Without or without Trayvon's voice.

Maybe the family has a greeting on his voicemail or someone has a voicemail he left for them.

I know, right? George Clooney did just get arrested for protesting? Maybe that is the same as rioting now?

If I had known that I would have packed my bag and been standing there right behind him....only when questioned by LE I'd have to say, "I don't know I'm only here for Mr. Clooney.....why what did we do???" lol

That is quite an assumption and I certainly hope it is not based on racial bias? Which riots is it that will "start back up"?

I personally have a good friend in her 60s who travelled 500+ miles to join her adult daughter to participate in a nonviolent march to protest the lack of due process and competent investigation in Trayvon's killing. Yes, she wore a hoodie. Yes, she is white, maybe pastier white than I am.

Justice has no color. Justice does not undo grievous wrongs, we can only learn from mistakes and go forward. That means not repeating the same mistakes.

And finally, everyone's blood runs red. When will the senseless killing stop. Trayvon died for what reason? Because he walked down the street in the rain in the presence of a person who seems to have been over zealous, paranoid, and who was willing to shoot to kill. This must never happen again.

Amen.....

Right now, what they're saying is that they're only 48% certain it's Zimmerman's voice. When there are two people involved, what does that mean? The defense or prosecution can twist that one fact either way they want.

BBM.
I don't think so. It can be twisted but it's not what they're saying. It's not a percentage of certainty. It's the percentage of attributes that they're measuring that match Zimmerman's.

All human voices probably share some percentage of attributes. Male voices share a higher percentage of attributes.
They said a 48 % match means that they're reasonable certain it's not the same person; saying they're 48 % certain would just mean that they don't know either way.

Strawberries and eggplants both have 92 % of water but we all can tell them apart with a 100 % certainty.

If I had known that I would have packed my bag and been standing there right behind him....only when questioned by LE I'd have to say, "I don't know I'm only here for Mr. Clooney.....why what did we do???" lol

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: If you get George, I get Johnny!

My 7 year old niece has already protested twice in her short life. I have a lot of family who work for the United States Postal Service. I'm shocked to find out what she was doing that whole time was actually rioting?

I was referring to Owen, and that entire paragraph is:

It seems like that last part is a pretty big exception to me. He only has half of the puzzle. You cannot determine validity in a certain scenario without a control group. "Reasonable scientific certainty" means just that - he's taken what he has into account and can reasonably make a hypothesis, however, he cannot confirm it was Trayvon's voice.

So, m00c0w, are you saying there was a THIRD person at the murder scene who was doing all the blood-curdling screaming?

If the screamer was NOT Zimmerman who do YOU suppose it was?

imo

Y'all may have assigned guilt already, but I have not, nor am I comfortable doing so when we literally have very little factual evidence to go on.

Oh how I wish you had been on the phone that night talking to GZ when he got out of his car to follow TM. This might have turned out differently. jmo

What the heck does George Clooney have to protest about not enough good looking women for him?

Some kind of issue with Syria? I think? I've been way too involved in this case that I am missing out on other major issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme