17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she holds the conference in Sanford, I believe she will be announcing an arrest. If she holds the conference in Jacksonville, either there will be no arrest or NOW she may have to announce charges will be pressed, but they don't have him there to arrest him?

MOO

Thanks for the reply. Interesting.

Not so sure they don’t have him, I think it is just for security because of the helicopter scene earlier last week.

OK so what if the Prosecutor had taken his calls? Which we know she didn't. But she knowing he is(was at that point) represented no matter how loosely by Counsel. That would have put a great big cog in the wheel of the investigation right? Because she can't talk to him without his attorney present. So maybe he was trying to trip her up and cause the investigation to be challenged???? MOO

Yes! Great thought!

OK so what if the Prosecutor had taken his calls? Which we know she didn't. But she knowing he is(was at that point) represented no matter how loosely by Counsel. That would have put a great big cog in the wheel of the investigation right? Because she can't talk to him without his attorney present. So maybe he was trying to trip her up and cause the investigation to be challenged???? MOO
You are one smart lady!!!

There are 45 members here right now and no one is talking....

Is Everyone OKAY?? I think the Dr. Fessel put all our members into shock!

You know, before I read the content of his website, I would have thought "nah, even he wouldn't be so arrogant as to think he could outsmart the Special Prosecutor", but now I'm not so sure. There's something truly off about the way GZ is handling himself through all this.

Could have been but think someone with more law expertise would advise him of that. I don't know GZ but just from what I've read, don't think he would think of that on his own. Tripping her up would mean someone new possibly? Just guessing.

HB Day Gmaj! xoxo

Can't wait til Hannity is subpoenaed.
\

He will cite the journalist shield laws and refuse to give up any info.

JMO/IMO etc
I think it might go down like this: GZ/Daddy sue attorneys for saying "Bad stuff 'bout us." Attorneys counter sue for unpaid services rendered to the tune of at least $25,000.00. They will be able to account for every penny. It will be settled out of court, we will never hear about it again. Probably a draw.

So my websleuth friends know, I in no way justify the behavior of the attorneys today, I just see a situation where two wrongs equal they both quietly settle their differences.
GZ will have far more problems, the (I believe) coming indictment, trial, the likely civil suits....if they gave frequent flyer miles for court appearances he'll probably be at least platinum by the time this is over.

And...I guess it's possible the Fla bar may give the attorneys a slap on the wrist, but that will be about it, IMO. It's kinda an old boys club..and most of the old boys probably realize Z is a pain in the patootie.

Unless they had a signed retainer agreement prior to the representation, they cannot sue him for services rendered.

Only for a short time because in order to become someones attorney legally you have to file with the court. Notice of Representation.

There is no open case so they can't file a notice of representation. Also, a lawyer does not have to unless there has already been a court appearance and someone else has already appeared. So a lawyer can appear at the beginning of a case, and not file any kind of notice. They just have to appear.

If your man enough to carry a gun and shoot someone... you should be man enough to go sit in jail for a day or two until the Judge announces your bond and you get out of jail until a trial. It's not like he's going to be put in Gen. Pop!

As I see it a "real" man would not have stalked and killed an unarmed 17 year old so it stands to reason he is not man enough to accept any responsibility for his actions.. Why would anyone think he is man enough to accept going to jail even IF it is just for a few days until he is bonded out? JMHO

I'll be honest because they have had weeks to get something done and people are sick of waiting. This also makes the prosecutor appear weak because George is playing hide and go seek with her! Who is in charge here? This is turning into even more of a sideshow carnival.

I can see that she might be giving George a chance to come back home and turn himself in, but it's really irritating that we have to go through three more days of waiting on a guy who believes he is totally innocent. If he will be exonerated, fine - let him prove it in court.

All anyone ever wanted in this case is for the system to work for George the way it works for everyone else in the country. He made a choice and he has to put on his big boy pants, stop hiding behind Daddy and Frank Taaffe, and pull himself together.

People are sick of waiting? If they are going to charge him I'd like them to take as much time as they need to get things in order. Same way if they are not going to charge Zimmerman. This case will be torn apart either way.

There are 45 members here right now and no one is talking....

Is Everyone OKAY?? I think the Dr. Fessel put all our members into shock!

Well since you asked......no. My bird is screaming at the top of her lungs, my great dane is chasing my cat around the living room, and my husband just got new drum heads and is banging away so hard the windows are shaking....which come to think of it might be why the bird is screaming. :banghead: But Thanks for asking.

\

Unless they had a signed retainer agreement prior to the representation, they cannot sue him for services rendered.
JMO/IMO, etc...
I think they certainly "can" sue him. I don't know whether they will choose to, or whether they will prevail. GZ never kept up his end of their verbal contract. The Attorneys sort of threw one last pitch today, when they stressed GZ never sent back paperwork per their verbal agreement. The attorneys feel they held up their end of the verbal contract, and whether they decide to drop it or go after him, time will tell.
They accumulated expenses during the "pro bono" portion of their representation. The agreement was I think, free until indictment. Meaning, they would continue to represent, start billing GZ the minute he is indicted. GZ sort of sneakily "fired" them, in essence denying them their agreed up pay that was probably coming soon.

And I'm not a fan of any of the three, just to go on record.

I think you have can have an attorney of record just to have one. Or I could be wrong but my stepfather has one for financial affairs. In Oregon.

Attorney of record means that the attorney's status as the legal representative of a person in a specific case, is on record with the court. They have to withdraw or substitute out to no longer be the attorney or the case has to be closed, with no chance of reopening it. So your stepdad's attorney may just be his personal attorney and not "of record" on a specific case.

Why would they lose their license if GZ left the country? What they did today was a heck of a lot worse than a client skipping town, IMO.

I agree. They have no liability if their client flees.

Okay... so the SA can't charge him if he isn't in Florida? Can they put out a warrant for his arrest?

If he fled... there are people kicking themselves hard right now, IMO.

Why can't they charge him? People are charged all the time, in absentia.

BTW, I believe there will definitely be charges. That's why the SA said she did not need a grand jury. I think a grand jury may have failed to indict, especially given the area. Then, she'd have problems charging him. This way, she controls the situation.

I also think she knew early on she would be charging him but wanted a solid case with a good investigation backing the charges.

I predict manslaughter charges. I also predict he will either walk or get a slap on the wrist or the charges will be dismissed. But I think one of the first two is more probable. I truly doubt this guy would do any real time for Trayvon's death, which saddens me.

Please delete if not allowed- I was searching for up to the minute information and noticed the tone of the results that were coming up seemed to be all about preparing for 'pandemonium' (TM's attorney) that will happen if GZ is not arrested. I then searched trayvon and riot on a social media search engine. Lots of People are openly saying they are planning to riot if they don't like the outcome. Can they get in trouble for this like those who announced beforehand in the London riots? And do you think LE is monitoring this? And is it time to head out of Florida?!!!!!
Tia

I knew something was up when GZ's lawyers abruptly skipped out on that interview for CNN on Sunday.

I now think they were going to announce that GZ had been scheduled to meet/speak with the SP this week and say that a decision would be made about whether charges would be filed. But then he dropped off the radar, so they couldn't confidently go into an interview with CNN and answer questions. I think GZ panicked because he has to know at this point that his story just doesn't sound right. He's watching the news. He knows all the questions people have. And he knows the Feds and Angela Corey are investigating every little detail. So he knows he better have some damn good answers to their questions. I think he's so paranoid that he took advantage of the fact that he hasn't been charged and took off while he could legally do so. He probably thought that the interview was a ruse to get him to place where he could be taken into custody.

Prediction: We get the press conference from the SP tomorrow with an announcement that GZ will be arrested or he will not. It can't be anything else. AC has already said she wouldn't say anything more about the case, so I doubt it's just some little piece of information she wants to tell the public.

MOO

People are sick of waiting? If they are going to charge him I'd like them to take as much time as they need to get things in order. Same way if they are not going to charge Zimmerman. This case will be torn apart either way.

You're right. With such scrutiny, they need to take their time and make a rock solid decision.

JMO/IMO, etc...
I think they certainly "can" sue him. I don't know whether they will choose to, or whether they will prevail. GZ never kept up his end of their verbal contract. The Attorneys sort of threw one last pitch today, when they stressed GZ never sent back paperwork per their verbal agreement. The attorneys feel they held up their end of the verbal contract, and whether they decide to drop it or go after him, time will tell.
They accumulated expenses during the "pro bono" portion of their representation. The agreement was I think, free until indictment. Meaning, they would continue to represent, start billing GZ the minute he is indicted. GZ sort of sneakily "fired" them, in essence denying them their agreed up pay that was probably coming soon.

And I'm not a fan of any of the three, just to go on record.

You are right as well. I shouldn't have said they can't sue him. What I should have said is they won't win. Without a signed retainer agreement, they don't have a snowball's chance.

Attorney of record means that the attorney's status as the legal representative of a person in a specific case, is on record with the court. They have to withdraw or substitute out to no longer be the attorney or the case has to be closed, with no chance of reopening it. So your stepdad's attorney may just be his personal attorney and not "of record" on a specific case.

I agree. They have no liability if their client flees.

Why can't they charge him? People are charged all the time, in absentia.

BTW, I believe there will definitely be charges. That's why the SA said she did not need a grand jury. I think a grand jury may have failed to indict, especially given the area. Then, she'd have problems charging him. This way, she controls the situation.

I also think she knew early on she would be charging him but wanted a solid case with a good investigation backing the charges.

I predict manslaughter charges. I also predict he will either walk or get a slap on the wrist or the charges will be dismissed. But I think one of the first two is more probable. I truly doubt this guy would do any real time for Trayvon's death, which saddens me.

Thanks as always Gitana for your helpfulness. It's great having good lawyers on board!!!

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members