17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree... if I knew in my heart I was innocent.. I would walk holding my head HIGH... Not like people don't know what he looks like!! pics all over HLN every 5 minutes...

JMO..He's likely unhappy his manufactured SYG defense doesn't seem to be getting respect, he probably thinks he had every right to engage in an armed pursuit of anyone that "looked" like they might not belong in "his" condo complex.
Anyway, this was supposed to blow over. He's probably very angry...waaaa.....

I agree... if I knew in my heart I was innocent.. I would walk holding my head HIGH... Not like people don't know what he looks like!! pics all over HLN every 5 minutes...

If it were me, and I knew I was innocent I don't know if I would be hiding my face or not. CA held her head high all the time, so I don't know that means anything imo.

Ima

I don't know if that is true that someone who knows they are innocent will always hold their head high in front of cameras. My dad had a client whose stepdaughter accused him of sexual abuse, and he was eventually PROVEN to be innocent of all the charges. But he covered his head in shame because he was so depressed and upset by the cameras and the lies.

true, true.. i can see that. When my depression kicks in I can barely get out of bed so I can definitely see that as being a reason to hide. I'll concur there...

I was just thinking that maybe they went with second degree murder in hopes Zimmerman pleas to a lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter. which still carries a very high penalty but it could be reduced with a plea. Just a thought.

I agree and heard a discussion that 2nd degree was a starting point being careful not to overcharge as what happened in CA. I also heard if further information became available they could get the charged raised to 1st degree.

It's a long way to trial so I'm just watching the speed bumps along the way.

I was offended in the beginning of the PC too. Her demeanor was that of someone announcing something light and wonderful. This is the kind of demeanor you see from LE when a lost child has been found tired and dirty and hungry but otherwise safe after a massive search. Later her demeanor was more serious and respectful, but really, I didn't appreciate that bouyant and congratulatory attitude when announcing felony charges in a case involving the death of a young man.

Interesting take. I thought she came across as bright and alert and forceful. Go figure.

I don't know if that is true that someone who knows they are innocent will always hold their head high in front of cameras. My dad had a client whose stepdaughter accused him of sexual abuse, and he was eventually PROVEN to be innocent of all the charges. But he covered his head in shame because he was so depressed and upset by the cameras and the lies.

This is a guy who did not express remorse for killing a boy. He covers his head in shame? I doubt it. It's all about George.

I was offended in the beginning of the PC too. Her demeanor was that of someone announcing something light and wonderful. This is the kind of demeanor you see from LE when a lost child has been found tired and dirty and hungry but otherwise safe after a massive search. Later her demeanor was more serious and respectful, but really, I didn't appreciate that bouyant and congratulatory attitude when announcing felony charges in a case involving the death of a young man.

I wasn't. These people have been through hell since day one. I don't understand fully because I'm not a minority, but this case shouldn't have started the way it did. Presumptions and race made the whole controversy come to light. I see her reaction as relief, as thank GOD a step has been made in the right direction. That is something to be happy about. I know it should be tempered as this isn't victory, and isn't something to gloat about, but that is not how I picture her reaction at all. I thought back to Dr. Martin Luther King, honestly, when I heard about the charges. It's about equality under the law, about a case being investigated the right way, justice being handed out the right way, no matter who the victim is, no matter who the accused is. That is something to be grateful and happy about. I don't see a problem with that at all.

I have thought that is possible also. But wouldn't it be a First Degree charge if he was indeed shot in the back?

No, not necessarily. In another post, I speculated as to what could have happened to have a GSW in the back. It wouldn't spell out premeditation, as far as 1st degree goes, but it certainly wouldn't spell out "self-defense" either.

TM could have been trying to flee, shielding himself, turning to run away, or trying to stand up when he was shot. We just don't know exactly what happened yet.

He appears to have lost some weight. For just a moment, I felt sorry for him.

I'm glad charges have been filed. The truth should be known, for all of us but mostly for TM's family and GZ.

I don't think he got out of this truck with the intention of shooting TM. I'm very comfortable with the idea of some sort of confrontation that ended with TM being dead. I want to know how it got from a 911 call to a dead young man. :please:

ETA: I'm not comfortable with the final outcome, just that I don't think what GZ did was really enough for 1st degree murder.

All the photos shown of Zimmerman in the last couple of weeks are all of Zimmerman.

I didn't realize that Trayvon was a big as he was until the latest photos were released. All along I thought he was a lot smaller.

IIRC from the talking heads today, the SYG issue will be settled in a seperate hearing before a judge before a trial. The judge will determine SYG immunity, meaning (I THINK) charges would then be dismissed, or non immunity, which means (AGAIN I THINK) he can't use SYG as a defense.

Please if this is incorrect and I heard wrong I'd appreciate knowing so I don't keep this in my mind as this goes forward.

Maybe she was just elated to have gotten GZ into protective custody without an incident. How would it have looked if something happened to him while he was turning himself in? I'm sure she is relieved that the Martin's are responding responsibility and that GZ is now safe until he can be released on bond. You can tell she is also very proud of her staff and willing to show it. I think that is why her demeanor was very light in the beginning when she was introducing her staff. My guess is she feels they did an excellent job and she was pleased that GZ cooperated by turning himself in as he promised. I thought she was being very respectful to both sides. Remember she's a prosecutor, not a defense attorney, but I was very impressed by her. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23