17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC from the talking heads today, the SYG issue will be settled in a seperate hearing before judge before a trial. The judge will determine SYG immunity, meaning (I THINK) charges would then be dismissed, or non immunity, which means (AGAIN I THINK) he can't use SYG as a defense.

Please if this is incorrect and I heard wrong I'd appreciate knowing so I don't keep this in my mind as this goes forward.

I believe he'd still be able to use SYG as a defense even if judge rules he can go to trial.

His eyes are asymmetric and there is a light reflection from only one eye. Occ associated with some sort of brain tumor, but not always. Interesting.

I see light reflection from both eyes. The eyes look symmetrical to me, it's the nose that appears to be a bit crooked.

If it were me, and I knew I was innocent I don't know if I would be hiding my face or not. CA held her head high all the time, so I don't know that means anything imo.

Ima

Casey held her head up high because she liked the attention. :what:

Bumping this reminder and link:

Originally Posted by SoSueMe
Anyone wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the Private Area of Websleuths, called SOUND OFF.
Warning: Be sure to read the Required Reading thread. Trayvon Martin Sound Off

IIRC from the talking heads today, the SYG issue will be settled in a seperate hearing before a judge before a trial. The judge will determine SYG immunity, meaning (I THINK) charges would then be dismissed, or non immunity, which means (AGAIN I THINK) he can't use SYG as a defense.

Please if this is incorrect and I heard wrong I'd appreciate knowing so I don't keep this in my mind as this goes forward.

Here's a quote from R Hornsby. He can use a SYG defense at trial if needed.
Florida Statute 776.032

This statutory enactment created what is known as “criminal prosecution immunity.” And stated that a person who lawfully defended themselves is “immune” from prosecution from arrest, detention, or prosecution.

As the procedure for making the determination of whether a person was “immune” from criminal prosecution was not defined by the legislature, the Florida Supreme Court cleared up the issue in Dennis v. State, 51 So. 3d 456 (Fla. 2010) and ruled:

A defendant may raise the question of statutory immunity [from criminal prosecution prior to trial] and, when such a claim is raised, the trial court must determine whether the defendant has shown by a preponderance of the evidence that the immunity attaches.

The result of this statute and the Florida Supreme Court’s ruling is that a defendant can now raise self defense at two stages in the criminal prosecution.

First, a defendant can file a motion to dismiss asking the court to find that they are entitled to dismissal by using the procedure outlined in by the Florida Supreme Court. If the court denies the motion, the defendant is still allowed to raise the issue with the jury.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

I don't know if that is true that someone who knows they are innocent will always hold their head high in front of cameras. My dad had a client whose stepdaughter accused him of sexual abuse, and he was eventually PROVEN to be innocent of all the charges. But he covered his head in shame because he was so depressed and upset by the cameras and the lies.

But in that case it could be an attempt to hide his identity, so that people would not recognize him on the street, whereas everyone has already seen GZ's picture, and he has never seemed particularly ashamed of what he is accused of, anyway. On the contrary.

JMO

A poor stance will affect accuracy and your followup shot if any. A loose grip can cause a "stovepipe" malfunction and allow the gun to shift in your hand making a followup shot more difficult. That 9mm parabellum round just isn't going to knock someone off their feet and to the ground. JMO.

Noted, but I have seen different experiences, but I'd be interested to see if it doesn't come up at some point. At least the case is moving forward at this time. Both families need some closure.

I've guess I've seen a few more gun related mishaps, but then again as the name states---I'm in Texas. :angel:

If I'm not mistaken, this booking shot is the first glimpse of Mr. Zimmerman we've had since that night at the jail.

Wonder why? :waitasec:

I don't know what a broken nose is supposed to look like, three weeks after the fact.

Me too, actually. And i'm really wondering about that Hot Mike conversation I was listening to with the reporters talking without knowing anyone was listening. This is political.

While I sort of hoped no charges would be filed, if a charge of manslaughter came up I'd think that was completely fair also. That's fair, and reasonable.

This isn't second degree murder. IMHO. And if they go to court with second degree murder as the only choice before the jury, they'll lose this case and he'll walk free. IMHO.

Why did you hope no charges would be filed? With respect, all of us hankering for charges have been told by those who think we are a lynch mob, that we must wait for the facts to come out and for justice to work. We have been told that we cannot know exactly what happened. So, if that's true, isn't it for a judge and jury to sort out? Or is it only true that those who assume a black kid must be aggressive have all the facts right and the rest of us must wait for info before concluding Zimmerman unjustly killed Trayvon? If we were not entitled to the opinion, based on what we knew of the facts, that Zimmerman was in the wrong and should have patiently waited for justice, why would it be okay for some to opine that no charges should be filed, based on the same facts we have?

Wonder if Mr. O'Mara will wave his right to a speedy trial?

No way, IMO.

I expected manslaughter also JennaT. But today on HLN the TH's were speculating and said that the case will go to either a judge or jury and they could find guilt for lessor charges. So even though GZ is charged with 2nd degree, he could still be found guilty of manslaughter.

change of subject.....Ft on JVM...wishes Ms Corey could have tempered her elation at the presser today. He was offended by it.

MOO

wm

I couldn't hear the first part of the presser, but what I saw and then heard, she seemed very professional and trying to appease both sides. Is my impression wrong?

Now that GZ has been charged I think it is alright not to see him as the victim. What has bothered me as much of the actual act of shooting him, is the lies he has maintained throughout. I think GZ screamed out at least once Help, but not because he needed it. I believe he was very calculating in what he did and intended to use the stand your ground law in Florida. He did it either to mock Trayvon (when Trayvon was pleading for his life), or be able to say he called for Help in his own defense if he goes to court. I doubt he thought he would though, given his laid back demeanor at the police station. The lack of remorse and lies makes me believe he is a cold blooded killer. JMO

Hey, I called casey anthony a murderer before she was ever charged and no one blinked. I will continue to do so with Zimmerman (adding, "IMO").

He looks pretty calm and collected here. Not fussed at all.

Well, they can heal in two to four weeks. It's been a bit longer than that. But I really don't think he had any significant injuries at all, based on the video we saw and the lack of leaked info. re his medical state.

I see light reflection from both eyes. The eyes look symmetrical to me, it's the nose that appears to be a bit crooked.

That's interesting because the nose looks perfectly straight to me, with asymmetrical eyes. Strange how people can look at the same picture and see totally different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23