17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the Sanford Police Department Neighborhood Watch Program guidelines:

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/NWProgramHandbook.pdf

Thank you! I was looking for that through National Neighborhood Watch, and didn't think about looking through the police department.

Quotes from the pdf:

What you will not do is get physically involved with any activity you report or apprehension of any suspicious persons. This is the job of the law enforcement agency.

*snip*

Remember always that your responsibility is to report crime. Do not take any risks to prevent a crime or try to make an arrest. The responsibility for apprehending criminals belongs to the police department.

Fascinating, but nowhere in that document does it say that a Neighborhood Watch person can or cannot carry a weapon, and I guess Florida law trumps that anyway. However, it states several times that if you see a person who might be carrying a weapon that is a valid reason to call 911, which struck me as highly ironic since almost anyone might have a weapon, and George certainly did.

It also never states whether a Neighborhood Watch person is supposed to go out on "patrol," but we know that's what George was doing.

The main thing I get from that document is that NW is for "watchers" who should let police handle things. George didn't quite understand that part.

I found the Sanford Police Department Neighborhood Watch Program guidelines:

Thank you! :seeya:

VERY interesting. Lots of suggestions/guidelines/encouragement about spotting and immediately reporting suspicious persons, and how to report.

Nothing about carrying weapons so far. Still reading.

Now I'm wondering -- Was GZ's NW organized under Seminole Co. or Sanford PD?

I was just curious......

Did TRAY call 911 that night? There was a claim that he did but I had never heard that before.

Do you have a link to this claim? I haven't heard that one yet. I believe it's been reported, TM and his girlfriend were on the phone, with each other, up until 1 minute of Trayvon being murdered.

Curious.

I do remember something about TM being on the porch, don't know if it was true. Could be Brandy heard so many different stories that she didn't know what to think. I would imagine she was also pretty much out of her mind too!

was the next day when they did the walk through with Tracy and Brandy. Don't see how she could have heard many different stories. JMO

The neighbor who witnesses GZ's injuries. They do not show his face, just the interviewer is seen. Hope this youtube link is acceptable.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpm1fIwVCs8&feature=related"]Neighbor Speaks Out in Defense of George Zimmerman - YouTube[/ame]

Do you have a link to this claim? I haven't heard that one yet. I believe it's been reported, TM and his girlfriend were on the phone, with each other, up until 1 minute of Trayvon being murdered.

Curious.

Hey Angel

I was watching videos on YouTube when I came across one that stated that Tray made his own 911 call that night.....The reporter, I think, was from ABC news?

I don't remember how to post YouTube videos.....but it was a news report...

Curious.

I haven't heard of it either. In fact, there has been wide criticism bandied about because TM didn't call 911. So, I don't believe it.

Curious.

It was a report by a Chicago TV station that was never verified by any other media or official sources. In other words they screwed up.
Here's a link to a Isabelle Zehnder story were she couldn't get a verification from Sanford officials.
[Update 4/11/2012: A call was placed to the Sanford Police Department Wednesday, April 11, to follow up. The call was redirected to the Sanford Joint Information Center. The gentleman who answered the phone identified himself only as Lewis and said he is not aware that Trayvon made his own call to 911 the night of the shooting.]

Continue reading on Examiner.com Did Trayvon Martin make his own 911 call before his death? - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/unsolved-ca...h-fbi-investigates?CID=obinsite#ixzz1sN03lqdK

The neighbor who witnesses GZ's injuries. They do not show his face, just the interviewer is seen. Hope this youtube link is acceptable.

Neighbor Speaks Out in Defense of George Zimmerman - YouTube
Where he says that bandage was on Zimmerman's nose on the side supports my theory all along the slide of the gun hit him in the side of the nose and kept the next shell from going into the chamber. He had a small cut on the side of his nose.

That guy really sounded like Ron Cummings in his interview with Geraldo.

TM did not call 911 that night--at least as far as we know--we as in the public. There was a Chicago newscaster who mistakenly stated during a report earlier in the case that TM called 911 however, no one else ever reported it, and IIRC the newscaster/his station made some sort of retraction? I don't have a link so this is an IIRC, FWIW, AFAIK kind of post.

eta: thanks RANCH for a link:)

I haven't heard of it either. In fact, there has been wide criticism bandied about because TM didn't call 911. So, I don't believe it.

Suzie, I hadn't heard that before either....I thought maybe I had missed something...if someone can refresh my memory on how to post you tube videos....I will go back and find it.

Hey Angel

I was watching videos on YouTube when I came across one that stated that Tray made his own 911 call that night.....The reporter, I think, was from ABC news?

I don't remember how to post YouTube videos.....but it was a news report...

I am pretty sure that reporter was wrong. TM did not make a 911 call.

Where he says that bandage was on Zimmerman's nose on the side supports my theory all along the slide of the gun hit him in the side of the nose and kept the next shell from going into the chamber. He had a small cut on the side of his nose.

That guy really sounded like Ron Cummings in his interview with Geraldo.
:eek:

:thud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads