17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and now the state knows how slick he is. They will be fully prepared for him. And thanks to Baez's example, they'll be fully prepared for anything O'Mara may try.

I don't think AC is going to be actually prosecuting the case, or is she?

I think she oversees but I could be wrong. I know she was there yesterday. I'm more than satisfied with Bernie De La Rionda though. He seems to be a bulldog. Can't wait until he devours Zimmerman on the witness stand during the SYG hearing. That might be pay-per-view material. Not to mention him up against, Oliver, Taaffe, and the Zimmerman Sr. and Jr. I'm giddy with excitement about the prospect.

~jmo~

Yeah, and then he handed them across the aisle to the prosecutors. It's not like he was just bluffing, unless you honestly think he'd lie in front of the judge and hand off papers that amount to nothing.

He said he would give it to the SA. He never said when or where or how.

Prosecution side is supposed to be objective. And yet it appears the investigator admitted they don't have evidence to contradict major parts of GZ's story of self-defense.

Not the prosecution, the investigator. I mean what if (and i'm not claiming this is the case) but what if GZ's medical records reveal a cracked skull. Shouldn't that have a bearing on if they prosecute him?

Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not sure how effective the suit was. He did look nice sitting there like he was in church but there was a shocking moment there when he stood up and showed all that jailhouse bling and then having to waddle to the stand.

Not sure why MOM could not get rid of the shackles.

Nancy Grace seemed surprised he was in full shackles, said it is not usual in a bond hearing and especially with all the sheriffs there. I wonder if when MOM requested that he wear a suit, that the prosecution said, if he does we want him shackles?

He said he would give it to the SA. He never said when or where or how.

Did you watch it? He clearly showed the packet, said he'd give it to the SA first, and then handed it over to the SA.

Not the prosecution, the investigator. I mean what if (and i'm not claiming this is the case) but what if GZ's medical records reveal a cracked skull. Shouldn't that have a bearing on if they prosecute him?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Then he would have been in the hospital not walking around the house the next day showing the neighbors his cool bandaids.

Nancy Grace seemed surprised he was in full shackles, said it is not usual in a bond hearing and especially with all the sheriffs there. I wonder if when MOM requested that he wear a suit, that the prosecution said, if he does we want him shackles?

I noticed in one picture I saw, when he was standing up, the shackles were so tight and the suit so loose, it made him look really thin. I wonder if that was the point, to make him look as thin as possible and incapable of harm to another human being unless he was fighting for his life. He almost looked like he an eating disorder in that same pic. I bet the point of allowing the shackles was to help make GZ look frail, like he wasn't a risk to anyone.

OT but significant: I had a coworker/friend whose 6 yo son drowned in a swimming pool and can remember she hated it when people commented that they were sorry for the 'loss' of her son. She would say, what do they think? Do people think I just misplaced him? Most are afraid to use the words death/dead/deceased, although it is the reality. I learned to understand what she meant when my son was killed in an mva.

GZ's apology would have had a greater chance of being accepted had he said, 'I am sorry I caused the death of your son'. That was all he would have had to say, but to be more to the point and no beating around the bush. Grieving parents, especially mothers do not like that at all, not one bit!

You expect him to admit guilt before even a trial? That would be something.

I think she oversees but I could be wrong. I know she was there yesterday. I'm more than satisfied with Bernie De La Rionda though. He seems to be a bulldog. Can't wait until he devours Zimmerman on the witness stand during the SYG hearing. That might be pay-per-view material. Not to mention him up against, Oliver, Taaffe, and the Zimmerman Sr. and Jr. I'm giddy with excitement about the prospect.

~jmo~

Your giddy with excitement about a murder trial of someone you don't know?

He handed it over to the state attorney. He said he was handing it over to the state attorney. Do you think he'd hand his grocery list over to the state attorney?

I didn't know he handed it over to the SA. Your comment about a grocery list was not necessary.

That I don't know, we would have to ask a lawyer that. I would assume since he's working with the other investigator on the same case that he would know if they (as an investigative unit) had certain evidence or not.

To me, it was a huge risk by MOM asking those questions. Discovery hasn't even happened yet and the Det. could of easily said 'we have some evidence that we will provide in discovery'. That would of left egg on face.

I believe MOM has a strong case based on the risk he took asking those questions.

They act like they had a trial yesterday? This was a bond hearing! I am sure the investigation continues. The State was still investigating a month before the Casey trial. They had enough to bring 2nd degree murder charges -- and they can continue their investigation.

If a prosecutor always has enough evidence for the charge they are pursuing, wouldn't every defendant be convicted on said charges?

The state is not going to offer to have him unshackled and his defense attorney didn't ask for their removal. It was calculated decision.

If there's any evidence that Zimmerman asked for medical treatment during the interview, and was declined (as has been claimed), I can see anything taken that night being thrown out. He clearly had a head injury (no matter how minor it appears), and to interview him after such an injury would cause there to be doubt about the validity of his statements. I could actually see most of what happened that night thrown out, because it could be argued that he may not have been fully capable of understanding his right to remain silent at the time.

JMO

He had enough wits about him to be making a phone call (to who??) seconds after shooting someone? It will be interesting to know who he called -- as I think I know who he was calling. He looked totally capable of standing on his own in the video? Didn't appear to be injured at all in the video? His history with LE alone will be argued against him. He knows his rights. The next day he was able to do a complete walk-through with LE. He was able to go and resign from his job. Was he driving? We don't even know when he actually went in for medical care.

I know they are going to try and get in thrown out -- I know I would too if I was caught in lies -- but we'll see?

Your giddy with excitement about a murder trial of someone you don't know?

She, like me, followed the catastrophe that was the Casey Anthony trial. I think she's giddy about two competent lawyers in a trial setting. The thought of that makes me very happy. I can't take a repeat of the Anthony trial. And of course, if all the defense has is GZ's changing stories, then yes, this could get interesting. It's not a bad thing to want to see the trial. Why twist it that way? I'm sure some are just as giddy to see GZ have his day in court or get the case dismissed in the immunity hearing.

He didn't hand over anything to the prosecution. He waved the piece of paper and then set back down on his file.

Word for word on the transcript....

O'MARA: Do you want a copy of them?

GILBREATH: Sure.

O'MARA: I'll give them to the state. It's a more appropriate way to do it. If you haven't had them yet, I don't want to cross you on them.

~jmo~

I didn't know he handed it over to the SA. Your comment about a grocery list was not necessary.

I was simply asking if you agreed with other posters. You shouldn't automatically assume you're being attacked when someone agrees with you.

There is no jury yet so shackles don't matter yet.

I would guess that the jurors were watching the hearing. I can't imagine how they will get a jury who knows nothing about this case. It seems it has gotten more media coverage than CA if that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member