17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe MOM has a strong case based on the risk he took asking those questions.

Idk, but I would think it would be very unlikely to just take a run at something like that. On the other hand, I can't imagine what he could know that would lead him to belief that the only truthful answer would be helpful to him. He would have to have been very, very confident that the answer wouldn't hurt him, orr very, very confident that bail would be set at a reasonable level regardless. jmo

There is no way the jury will be told about priors before the penalty phase. They let him suit up for a bond hearing, they are going out of their way not taint the jury pool.

I don't believe this will ever see a jury personally. Defense is going to present a self defense case and ask for the judge grant immunity provided by the SYG statute.

The SYG is really expensive for the state. If they charge someone who is later found to be within his/her right to use deadly force the State gets to write MOM a full retail defense fund paycheck, GZ will be reimbursed for any expense he incurred due to the wrongful charge, and he will be immune from civil liabilities.

In theory this protects citizens from a bankrupting trial, but in practice really just gives people who couldn't afford the luxury of a hand picked attorney.

I posted links earlier to recent Florida SYG cases, one similar to GZ in that shooter pursued the victim (victims crime was speeding thru the neighborhood) and another that was a stabbing the defendant denied, destroyed evidence and was caught on camera after a city block long pursuit of the victim.

With the bond allowing him to leave the state I would not be suprised if this is his last court appearance. moo

As much as I hate to, I have to agree with your post. Past case history on SYG certainly points to that. Hopefully the Feds can come up with some kind of Civil Rights violation. Because I still am convinced that GZ did something inhumane/violated the sanctity of life for no good reasons and should be held accountable for his deed.JMO.

Why does the state not have GZ's medical records yet? If they contain important information about GZ's injuries, isn't it against his own best interests that they have held onto them and not submitted them into the state's evidence.

If the prosecutors knew that these docs show beyond a doubt that TM brutally beat GZ up and he was severely injured he might never have been charged in the first place.

I noticed in one picture I saw, when he was standing up, the shackles were so tight and the suit so loose, it made him look really thin. I wonder if that was the point, to make him look as thin as possible and incapable of harm to another human being unless he was fighting for his life. He almost looked like he an eating disorder in that same pic. I bet the point of allowing the shackles was to help make GZ look frail, like he wasn't a risk to anyone.

That can be completely be fixed with one-simple-question "You were a bouncer? (and quickly slide in "at illegal parties). I do wonder if he worked at the actual club too? Was he on their pay roll?

She, like me, followed the catastrophe that was the Casey Anthony trial. I think she's giddy about two competent lawyers in a trial setting. The thought of that makes me very happy. I can't take a repeat of the Anthony trial. And of course, if all the defense has is GZ's changing stories, then yes, this could get interesting. It's not a bad thing to want to see the trial. Why twist it that way? I'm sure some are just as giddy to see GZ have his day in court or get the case dismissed in the immunity hearing.

If someone said they were giddy with anticipation for GZ to post bond, get immunity, or get acquitted I would still ask the question.

How many of you would be happy with one of your daughters bringing George Zimmerman home knowing his history?

How many of you would feel safe allowing your children to go out and play in your neighborhood knowing George Zimmerman is there watching everything -- with a loaded gun?

I would

I thought he looked like a gangster pimp in his suit --- sooooo --- let him keep wearing them. :floorlaugh:

I thought he looked like a gangster pimp in his suit --- sooooo --- let him keep wearing them. :floorlaugh:

Are you not doing the same thing that many are accusing GZ of doing? Profiling him on the basis of how he appears in clothing? Clothing that many people wear everyday around the world?

Are you not doing the same thing that many are accusing GZ of doing? Profiling him on the basis of how he appears in clothing? Clothing that many people wear everyday around the world?

Yup! I'm not carrying a loaded gun though and following him.

Yup! I'm not carrying a loaded gun though and following him.

Just sayin'. Many believe from the start GZ profiled based on TM's clothing. You provided an example of how we all look at people and their dress and how that makes a statement about them as a person.

It's part of our human instinct and nature to do this. Don't take me wrong, Lola! I always enjoy your posts.

--from the very 1st question george is asked, he can't even give a straight answer.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-1574...s-to-trayvon-s-parents-in-court-29026947.html
--george takes the stand--

SA—and I’m sorry, sir, you’re not really addressing that to the court, you’re doing it here to the victim’s family, is that correct?
g—they are here in the court, yes.

SA—I understand, but I thought you were going to address your honour judge lester, not . so that’s really addressed to the family, and where the media happens to be, correct mr. Zimmerman?
g—no, to the mother and the father.

SA—ok. And tell me, after you committed this crime and you spoke to the police, did you ever make that stmt to police sir?
g—nnn,nn..
SA—that you were sorry for what you’d done? for their loss?
g—no sir.
SA—you never stated that did you?
g—I don’t remember what I said, I believe I did say that.

-----is that a yes, no, or a maybe george ??

It was to present an image, considering the fact that the only image that a lot of people have of him is that 2005 photo. Not everyone is following the case that closely to be paying attention to what he really looks today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member