17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken. I'll disagree that his 'apology has a better chance of being accepted' if he worded it differently. I don't think there is anything he could of said or didn't say that would be ok, whether that be with the family or those firmly believing in his guilt.

No but imo some things are less ok than some other things.

That is the point that MOM was making in court. The state had never even asked for medical reports from GZ before charging him.

Why would they? The injuries he had that night are evidence in the case. After he left the police station he could have done anything to himself. He had the chance to go to the hospital that night and get it into the record and decided not to.

I think she oversees but I could be wrong. I know she was there yesterday. I'm more than satisfied with Bernie De La Rionda though. He seems to be a bulldog. Can't wait until he devours Zimmerman on the witness stand during the SYG hearing. That might be pay-per-view material. Not to mention him up against, Oliver, Taaffe, and the Zimmerman Sr. and Jr. I'm giddy with excitement about the prospect.

~jmo~

I think he may be a little too much of a bulldog. IMO,he was too aggressive. He succeeded in making Zimmerman look like a pitiful,vulnerable man. IMO

Why would they? The injuries he had that night are evidence in the case. After he left the police station he could have done anything to himself. He had the chance to go to the hospital that night and get it into the record and decided not to.
Do you have evidence that he chose not to? I believe it's been stated before that he requested medical treatment or to go to the hospital and it was declined.

If they have enough evidence based on Trayvon's autopsy and George Zimmerman's claims of what happened that night to prove this wasn't in self-defense -- George's medical records don't matter. It matters to George and his defense, but when someone is fighting for their life (Trayvon) from a man who followed him and had a gun -- injuries are to be expected.

To feel one way and to say that in a setting in which it can be used to incarcerate you for life are two different vastly things.

Well, IDK... some jurors might also feel that not feeling sorry that one had to kill shows a disregard of human life and it might factor into their decision to incarcerate or not, given the wording of the law.

Why would they need medical reports if they believed Trayvon was the one defending himself based on the statements given by George and Trayvon's autospy?

Because if medical reports contradict what they 'believe', that's some seriously poor investigating and perhaps grounds to get the whole thing thrown out.

Hypothetical, if a medical report says that GZ suffered injuries that could have caused him great harm, that would be horrible for the SPD to not follow up on that, see how that matches what they got.

Why would they need medical reports if they believed Trayvon was the one defending himself based on the statements given by George and Trayvon's autospy?

Why would the State look at the medical records of citizen they trying to send to prison for the rest of his life? Really? Imagine that happening to someone other than GZ If you told the police you shot someone in a struggle for your life you would expect that they at least check your story out before charging you

Do you have evidence that he chose not to? I believe it's been stated before that he requested medical treatment or to go to the hospital and it was declined.

When was this? I thought he was treated at the scene?

I believe they also had the EMT report from THAT night. GZ may have gotten medical treatment afterwards, but the seriousness of his injuries was probably noted by a first responder.

JMO

Why would the State look at the medical records of citizen they trying to send to prison for the rest of his life? Really? Imagine that happening to someone other than GZ If you told the police you shot someone in a struggle for your life you would expect that they at least check your story out before charging you

Maybe because Trayvon's autopsy report (that has been sealed) shows this was clearly not self defense? They have the records now -- I'm sure they'll get their experts to show a jury -- based on the forensics evidence -- how it happened.

Also - they checked his story out -- it doesn't make sense! Even with the injuries.

I always thought the story was that GZ declined further treatment because he was eager to go to the station and clear his name

But I don't know where I got that.

Well, IDK... some jurors might also feel that not feeling sorry that one had to kill shows a disregard of human life and it might factor into their decision to incarcerate or not, given the wording of the law.
He did express sorrow over the death. He's very limited as to what he can say in this case, and I imagine his attorney told him exactly how to phrase it so this his own apology can't be used against him later.

Your giddy with excitement about a murder trial of someone you don't know?

I took that comment as if this trial goes forward it will be refreshing to see someone like MOM who has an excellent reputation defend GZ. He certainly is very professional and GZ is fortunate to have him. jmo

I believe they also had the EMT report from THAT night. GZ may have gotten medical treatment afterwards, but the seriousness of his injuries was probably noted by a first responder.

JMO

I don't think first responders carry around MRI or x-ray machines. JMO

That is the point that MOM was making in court. The state had never even asked for medical reports from GZ before charging him.

The state never talked to GZ before charging him. Obviously, it wasn't necessary based on other info/evidence they obtained.

He did express sorrow over the death. He's very limited as to what he can say in this case, and I imagine his attorney told him exactly how to phrase it so this his own apology can't be used against him later.

That may be why it sounded insincere (IMO).

Maybe because Trayvon's autopsy report (that has been sealed) shows this was clearly not self defense? They have the records now -- I'm sure they'll get their experts to show a jury -- based on the forensics evidence -- how it happened.

Also - they checked his story out -- it doesn't make sense! Even with the injuries.

If TM was in the process of pulling away or trying to stand up he was no longer a danger to GZ. The path of the bullet will tell the story. jmo

When was this? I thought he was treated at the scene?

He was treated at the scene. But many here have been very vocal about how if he had any head injury at all, anything he said would not be held up and that the police would have forced him to go to the hospital against his will.

Now that there's evidence he did have a head injury, that tune is changing. Curiouser and curiouser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee