17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was all about swinging public opinion. If you read the comments under most news stories, especially the bloody shot, it has been highly effective.

GZ is not talking to the jury pool. First and safest route out of this is to get a judge to say it meets the SYG rule. He is making a statement for the judge.

This being a high profile case not everyone is going to want to take the heat of setting him free and may pass the buck just like the SA did when they overcharged him with murder 2. Manslaughter is a much more reasonable charge but the public would have been outraged with anything less than a murder charge.

Overcharging Casey Anthony backfired and let the jury say they didn't PROVE their case. Common sense may tell you what Casey did but the jury said they didn't PROVE it. I don't think they have a murder 2 case. GZ called the police, witnesses put TM on top of the struggle, now their is a photo of GZ's injuries, he is going to get on the stand and say he is sorry but what he BELIEVED at the time was different.

Unless he takes a deal, I think he walks.

As the saying goes: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. IMO, the idea that GZ's testimony should take family members' feelings into account is absurd as well as condescending toward the family members.:

Certainly GZ should testify in whatever way he wishes so long as he remains truthful, but i think if you are issuing an APOLOGY not taking the feelings of the people you are apologizing to into account is absurd. Moo

Thanks Adrienne
Hmm, I got the impression he was one of the original investigators (I'm probably wrong tho) I'd need to find out for sure.

He signed the charging document. That is the statement of the probable cause evidence. And it was that evidence he was asked for today.

Is there any evidence that TM did not start the confrontation?

NO

Sure, I'm almost certain he is with Corey's office.

he is one of the two investigators on the case with Angela Coreys office. He stated that his position was investigator for the States Attorney's Office.

Thanks Adrienne
Hmm, I got the impression he was one of the original investigators (I'm probably wrong tho) I'd need to find out for sure.

Yes, he is with her office. Dale Gilbreath is one of the signatures on the probable cause affidavit as well as T.C. O'Steen.

I thought the investigator on the stand today was with Angela Corey's office out of Jacksonville. I know they gave his credentials right before calling him to the stand but perhaps I misunderstood. She has two investigators who are investigating this case for her right now.

~jmo~

I believe you are correct on that. He is an investigator for the State.

I thought the investigator on the stand today was with Angela Corey's office out of Jacksonville. I know they gave his credentials right before calling him to the stand but perhaps I misunderstood. She has two investigators who are investigating this case for her right now.

~jmo~

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/new...affidavit-of-probable-cause-text-version.html

Before me, personally appeared T.C. O'Steen and K.D. Gilbreath, who after being duly sworn; deposes and says:

Your affiants, Investigators T.C. O'Steen, and Dale Gilbreath are members of the State Attorney Office - Fourth Judicial Circuit appointed in the case by State Attorney Angela B. Corey, who was assigned in the case under Executive Order of the Governor 12-72.

~jmo~

Yes, he is an investigator with Angela Corey's office out of Jacksonville, he was not involved with the original SPD investigation, he did not get involved in the case until after Gov. Scott (grrr, can't stand the man & I am a republican but didn't vote for him so don't blame me!) assigned the case to Corey.

Today was all about swinging public opinion. If you read the comments under most news stories, especially the bloody shot, it has been highly effective.
Snipped by me

Interesting. I have found quite the opposite and I have been reading all over the place today.
I don't think today's hearing did anything of the kind. People are smart and they do see through GZ's lies.

My opinion of "the apology".

If I were GZ, I would have written a private letter to Tayvon's parents/family very soon after I shot him. I acknowledge that GZ is in a precarious position with regards to what he can and can't say because of the charges against him, but I would have still written a letter and then let my attorney go over it.

GZ can still accept responsibility for what his actions caused regardless of whether he thinks he was justified or not.

His apology did not sound sincere to me. It reminds me of what my 5 yo twin boys do. Austin will come griping to me because Jordan hit him. When I prompt Jordan to apologize, he says, "Sorry, but Austin was copying me or Austin took my toy or Austin blah blah blah", you get the point :)

My response is, and what i am trying to teach my children is there is no BUT in an apology. Take personal responsibility for what YOU have done. Just because someone does something that you don't like, YOU alone are responsible for how YOU react.

KWIM?

This is absolutely correct, I took my concealed to carry course from my local LE, during this course this is the ammo they recommend and prefer.

Everyone I know that carries has hollow points as well. You have done a great job explaining why, better than I could have. I have my permit and never fired a gun in my life, but all I had to do is sign a form and give my prints. No class, no instruction, no review of our states deadly force rules. Our state says carrying a gun is your right via the constitution, therefore no requirements other than age and lack of criminal record.

I cannot believe the people who are still saying GZ had no injuries to the back of his head even after seeing the picture that was released today.

He signed the charging document. That is the statement of the probable cause evidence. And it was that evidence he was asked for today.

Is there any evidence that TM did not start the confrontation?

NO

Except that depends on when you are speaking of the confrontation starting.

It may in fact be that Trayvon did start the physical confrontation, I don't believe that, but if that is even so, the States Attorney's office appears to be saying that the confrontation started when GZ got out of his vehicle to follow Trayvon...that he had if not a lawful order, which I am sure some can and will argue was valid, but that he at the least had instructions from the LE dispatch to cease following Trayvon that he dismissed, and continued to follow, which in their opinion puts Trayvon squarely in the position of standing his ground. The second degree murder vs. manslaughter they have hands down, since they only have to show that whatever actions taken were done with malice or ill will to begin with, and the "Those A@@#$% always geet away, and the F*&in punks, will statisfy that requirement, and they are on tape in George Zimmerman's own voice and indisputable as to who said them and when.

Fact is, I think they have more, there was some discussion on one of the shows about a witness who saw two people running, one following the other, and if this is so, then even without evidence of who struck the first blow, if Zimmerman was actually chasing Martin, then he could not possibly have been standing his ground, and IMO Martin was found far too close to home for Martin to have been chasing Zimmerman. IMO JMHO and stuff.

I cannot believe the people who are still saying GZ had no injuries to the back of his head even after seeing the picture that was released today.

There is no medical documentation...and there is no indication that those injuries were sustained by having his head beat against concrete.

Lay on the floor, and see where your head is going to hit the floor...if it is on the crown of your head then something is vastly wrong....those injuries are in the wrong place for that. Those may in fact be injuries, and they may be on George Zimmermans head, but they did not get there in the manner that he claims that they did, and they did a remarkable job of not getting any blood on any of his clothes, since in the video taken 35 minutes after the incident he isn't even wrinkled, no muss or fuss at all. IMO JMHO and stuff.

Everyone I know that carries has hollow points as well. You have done a great job explaining why, better than I could have. I have my permit and never fired a gun in my life, but all I had to do is sign a form and give my prints. No class, no instruction, no review of our states deadly force rules. Our state says carrying a gun is your right via the constitution, therefore no requirements other than age and lack of criminal record.

That's more than a little scary, IMO.

Does anyone else think GZ's injuries may have been caused by scratching himself? Seems to me the two witnesses saw him with his hands behind his head.

No, I don't think that. If you think your head is bleeding, naturally you are going to put your hand back there and feel to see if you feel liquid coming out of your head.

Snipped by me

Interesting. I have found quite the opposite and I have been reading all over the place today.
I don't think today's hearing did anything of the kind. People are smart and they do see through GZ's lies.

You know what- that just gave me an idea. I am going to go to 3 or 4 different msm sites, and take a tally of those who think he should be tried and those who think the SYG should apply and ill come back and post my results. (Mods, if its not ok to do this just let me know. )

Any suggestions on what msm websites? I want to get a wide perspective.

Except that depends on when you are speaking of the confrontation starting.

It may in fact be that Trayvon did start the physical confrontation, I don't believe that, but if that is even so, the States Attorney's office appears to be saying that the confrontation started when GZ got out of his vehicle to follow Trayvon...that he had if not a lawful order, which I am sure some can and will argue was valid, but that he at the least had instructions from the LE dispatch to cease following Trayvon that he dismissed, and continued to follow, which in their opinion puts Trayvon squarely in the position of standing his ground. The second degree murder vs. manslaughter they have hands down, since they only have to show that whatever actions taken were done with malice or ill will to begin with, and the "Those A@@#$% always geet away, and the F*&in punks, will statisfy that requirement, and they are on tape in George Zimmerman's own voice and indisputable as to who said them and when.

Fact is, I think they have more, there was some discussion on one of the shows about a witness who saw two people running, one following the other, and if this is so, then even without evidence of who struck the first blow, if Zimmerman was actually chasing Martin, then he could not possibly have been standing his ground, and IMO Martin was found far too close to home for Martin to have been chasing Zimmerman. IMO JMHO and stuff.

Using your post as a jumping point.... everyone seems to be hanging a lot of this case on following TM in defiance of a police order. The 911 operator is not only not a police officer, what they actually said is "we don't need you to do that."

If they had the authority to give a citizen a legally binding order it wasn't even worded as one.

I have done many things/chores/favors for someone that said they didn't NEED me to do it.

Had TM gotten the gun away from GZ and shot GZ it would be relevant, say GZs family tried to sue someone, GZ would have been on notice that he his actions were not requested, not on behalf of the police department, yada yada

I think way too much weight is being given to the GZ didn't follow an order from the police. The police weren't there yet and the dispatcher didn't TELL him not to do anything. Just that it wasn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold case momma