17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the school stuff was supposed to be confidential to begin with I surely hope it wouldn't be admitted but that wouldn't stop people from mentioning them "oops, sorry i wasn't supposed to say that, let's strike that"

I'm still mad because the GF's name was "accidentally" brought in.

A detective cannot testify to events he did not, himself, witness only testified to the content of the document which evidence he has seen and knows to be true. MOM was asking questions as if the detective had first hand knowledge which he testified he did not. It is not that the information is false, the detective stated he was not there when certain statements were taken by the other detectives. I believe this detective was picked for testify by defense for that reason alone to make it appear the information gathered in the documentation was incorrect. jmo
BBM

Which is exactly what he did when he swore to, affirmed, and signed that affidavit. He signed for the entire document, not just parts of it.

There is no jury yet so shackles don't matter yet.

You're right. There was no jury to impress.

So I wonder why he was wearing his best Sunday suit when every other jail inmate I've ever seen attended their bond hearing in orange jumpsuits.

It was hinted at by Zimmerman's legal adviser on tv that george wanted to go to the hospital or something. The evidence he chose not to is if he wanted to go nobody would have stopped him and I believe there are papers out there signed by him refusing further treatment like knowledgeable posters have said there would be.

If GZ allowed EMT's to touch him, am sure he would have had to sign off on the care given. And it may have included a statement saying he agrees that no further medical care is necessary or that he refuses same.

He was never convicted, so it shouldn't even be an issue. Plus maybe the judge knows the facts behind the prior accusations. I mean really, how many young people have had fights with their boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses and called the cops ?

I was thinking about the assault on an officer charge that was reduced to a misdemeanor. There might be a juror or two who might not look at that the way the judge does. They might think it is a violent act, so it would be easy to assume he has committed other violent acts, such as this murder of a teen. jmo

Someone always has to head the investigation and sign the affidavit.

When they want to discuss a specific statement a witness made or a piece of evidence in the trial they call in and question the people who have first hand knowledge of the statement or the handling of the evidence.

GZ lied under oath. He was willing and able to sit there with a straight face and lie.

That was my big take away from the bond hearing. I notice that those attacking the credibility of the investigator are not discussing that FACT as openly...

:moo::twocents:

If there's any evidence that Zimmerman asked for medical treatment during the interview, and was declined (as has been claimed), I can see anything taken that night being thrown out. He clearly had a head injury (no matter how minor it appears), and to interview him after such an injury would cause there to be doubt about the validity of his statements. I could actually see most of what happened that night thrown out, because it could be argued that he may not have been fully capable of understanding his right to remain silent at the time.

JMO

I seem to recall that GZ claimed at one point that he was denied medical treatment by the spd. I cannot remember the source so I will say moo. I think your quoted scenario is extremely likely.

I don't see where he admitted that at all. I see where he said certain words were not necessarily his. Maybe you can point me to where he said that several times?

Also, how often would a probable cause affidavit be the central focus of an actual trial? Once the defense has discovery of all the evidence, do you think they will disregard the actual evidence and continue to attack what one investigator said at a bond hearing? It wouldn't really matter, because the evidence will still speak for itself.

JMO MOO IMO
I'd say when a lead investigator potentially perjures himself in an affidavit or on the stand, that's a big deal.

The one that stuck out the most was that he said he never personally reviewed the testimony given by the girlfriend, but swore to a good part of a paragraph that revolves around this testimony.

I was thinking about the assault on an officer charge that was reduced to a misdemeanor. There might be a juror or two who might not look at that the way the judge does. They might think it is a violent act, so it would be easy to assume he has committed other violent acts, such as this murder of a teen.

I agree with you, but I'm not so sure his prior arrests will be allowed in at trial...JMO

He was bleeding from the nose/head. FACT
He was treated at the scene. FACT
He was not transported to the hospital; the second ambulance was cancelled. FACT
According to his former attorneys, he asked for medical care, but that was denied. NOT FACT

From those facts and the one non-fact, I infer that his injuries were not serious enough to require transport. Therefore, no waiver would be needed.

JMO MOO IMO

I saw it referenced earlier, but can someone actually verbally deny going to the hospital to an EMT, even if he has injuries that an EMT thinks warrants hospital care? Also, I've never heard of two ambulances being needed to treat one patient. Could it be the 2nd ambulance was cancelled because it was meant for TM and TM was deemed...deceased?

:seeya:O/T please forgive. We had a case a few years ago involving a young man and a girl. I wont go into huge details. This pertains to the ankle guard, lets LE. knnow where a person is. He wore a guard, told not to be near her. He went to her shot her in the face. The ankle guard "reading" went to Colorado to be read.By the time they realized he was near her he was gone. They did catch him later.The girl lived and they were rebuilding her face. Do all ankle bracelet reports go to LE. via Colorado? At the time I thought what a waste. Anyone else from Ohio remember this? I've not trusted bracelets since then. tia...

If they get the suspicious behavior and burglary tools in it might also be used to create the impression (even if subconsciously) that GZ was right and TM was behaving suspiciously and possibly casing the place.

Unless GZ was clairvoyant, I do not see how that could make a difference.
I guess if Trayvon would have had a screw driver or better yet a Swiss army knife on his slain body, his execution would be justified ?
Trayvon was not committing any crime. GZ did not see him breaking into a town house.

I saw it referenced earlier, but can someone actually verbally deny going to the hospital to an EMT, even if he has injuries that an EMT thinks warrants hospital care?

Yes, if they sign a waiver. However, him going into police custody is an entirely different issue. I believe if they did actually arrest him (which I believe they did, due to restraints and transportation to the station), they could have compelled him to seek medical treatment.

As long as he shows up for his court dates -- that's cool! Let him keep posting on his website. You know he has a problem with listening to what people tell him not to do!

Still can't wait to see what the whole text message about Tracy is about!!

--i don't know about that. now that the judge has given permission for him to hide-out out of state, i can see omara also asking for (special treatment) for him not to have to attend ( what i'm sure will be numerous ) pre-trial hearings either.

--citing his "safety" , and the co$t involved in getting him back to florida etc.

http://www.tampabay.com/stand-your-ground-law/cases/case_133
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2717572/miami-dade-issues-ruling-in-stand.html

In this example the stabber pursued the victim over a block as the victim fled(victim was stealing his car radio), stabbed him, didn't call the police, went home and went to bed. Initially he hid the weapon, and denied the stabbing until he was shown a video of himself committing the act. After seeing the tape he claimed the victim was armed but later recanted his claim that the deadman was armed.

Between the time of the stabbing and his arrest the stabber himself had sold stolen radios the "victim" had with him when he died.

State charged him.
Judge gave immunity under stand your ground.

The people of Florida have lost their cotton-pickin' minds!

jmo

Your giddy with excitement about a murder trial of someone you don't know?

I'm more anxious than "giddy," but I'm not ashamed of it.

I don't like bullies. I feel that people like Casey Anthony, Josh Powell, Scott Peterson, Drew Petersen and George Zimmerman share the same slick, ugly mindset. I am eager to see the law deal with them.

Other than that, I do enjoy the "sport" of lawyer vs. lawyer. I like to observe smart people match wits. There is a bit of Ali vs. Frazier inherent in these high-profile court cases. I admittedly pick a team: the victim's.

Please forgive me. :please:

BBM

Which is exactly what he did when he swore to, affirmed, and signed that affidavit. He signed for the entire document, not just parts of it.

True. And when asked about evidence he should have answered "I don't know" if he didn't know the answer to the question. JMO.

I'm more anxious than "giddy," but I'm not ashamed of it.

I don't like bullies. I feel that people like Casey Anthony, Josh Powell, Scott Peterson, Drew Petersen and George Zimmerman share the same slick, ugly mindset. I am eager to see the law deal with them.

Other than that, I do enjoy the "sport" of lawyer vs. lawyer. I like to observe smart people match wits. There is a bit of Ali vs. Frazier inherent in these high-profile court cases. I admittedly pick a team: the victim's.

Please forgive me. :please:

BBM

That's where my mindset is different. This isn't a game to me, I'm not rooting for one side or the other. I'm rooting for justice. If justice determines one's innocence or guilt, so be it. There are plenty of innocent people in jail today who have no business being there. It's not always about who's the defendant and who's the victim, it's about what the truth is.

If GZ allowed EMT's to touch him, am sure he would have had to sign off on the care given. And it may have included a statement saying he agrees that no further medical care is necessary or that he refuses same.

:rocker:And building on the above fantastic explanation, had GZ indicated/asked/begged for additional medical intervention at ANYTIME that he was in the custody of SPD, the LIABILITY issue of "denial of treatment" by SPD alone should have prompted a 911 call to EMS! Issues of death/injury of custodial individuals, according to my DH, are referred to the State Troopers and/or FBI. Those who "achieve" the death status are automatically referred to the OCME. :what:

:banghead: One of the "rules" of healthcare providers: if "it" isn't documented/noted/referenced/annotated, "it" did not happen/wasn't done/wasn't reviewed! :banghead:

Jmo, and so...just my experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member