17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, testing my theory out, I got extremely similar results.

Here is the control image (just the phone flash):
View attachment 21728

And here is the image with my Surefire shone into what seems to be about the same position:
View attachment 21729

If you take a look at FotoForensics, you'll see the same phenomenon in my image:

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=459d4a3be598f801ccd546bd5fd7be87a57c6083.153339

For full disclosure, I did crop the second blown-out photo in order to focus more on my head than my ability to take photographs with my hands behind my head and I shrank both of them because of size issues. If anyone wishes for the originals, I'll be happy to PM you a link.

:)

Very interesting!

Thanks for doing this experiment. Very cool.

:seeya:

EXCELLENT! Now, do you see how round that is? Round heads make round glare. So why does the ABC image have a straight edge?

Granted, it won't be a perfect circle because of the topography of the head, but IMO you can clearly see the corona of the flashlight on the scalp.

circle.png

Notice how in that area you can only see the high-contrast colors - the blood and contusions. The hair is still not visible because it's still washed out by the flashlight/flash. The best way I can describe the "line" (I do see what you're talking about) is as an optical illusion created by the blood/injuries.

I predict it won't take him 48 hours after his release before he's on his own website begging for more money.

~jmo~

Whats wrong with that? He still has to eat. His wife needs income. Its not like he can go down to McDonalds to get a job. Besides - would you rather have donors or taxpayers pay his legal bills?

And, testing my theory out, I got extremely similar results.

Here is the control image (just the phone flash):
View attachment 21728

And here is the image with my Surefire shone into what seems to be about the same position:
View attachment 21729

If you take a look at FotoForensics, you'll see the same phenomenon in my image:

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=459d4a3be598f801ccd546bd5fd7be87a57c6083.153339

For full disclosure, I did crop the second blown-out photo in order to focus more on my head than my ability to take photographs with my hands behind my head and I shrank both of them because of size issues. If anyone wishes for the originals, I'll be happy to PM you a link.

:)

Great experiment! You solved the question for me.

Now if we can get a volunteer to go out and bash the back of their head on the concrete to see what pattern of injuries occur maybe we can solve that one too.:D

Because of the blood and contusions in the area. It's no longer a light-colored scalp. You can see where the corona of the light is, it just didn't produce the same result in that specific area because of the contrasting colors.

I actually see no reason why there should be any issue with "contrasting colors." His whole head is contrasting colors at that point. Unless his head has corners (which gives new meaning to the word "blockhead"), it should be rounded.

What kind of person would take a picture of a wounded head without getting a picture of the ever-lovin' wound?

*resigns self to waiting patiently for LE photos to surface*

Granted, it won't be a perfect circle because of the topography of the head, but IMO you can clearly see the corona of the flashlight on the scalp.

View attachment 21730

Notice how in that area you can only see the high-contrast colors - the blood and contusions. The hair is still not visible because it's still washed out by the flashlight/flash. The best way I can describe the "line" (I do see what you're talking about) is as an optical illusion created by the blood/injuries.

Was he sitting down on the ground while this picture was taken? I'm asking because the person shining the flashlight on his head and taking that picture would have to be really tall??

ETA: And I have never heard a witness saying he sat on the ground before Police arrived? He had to have already put his gun back in the holster when this picture was taken? Whoever took it was there really quick too! Seconds after the shooting and before Police arrived.

Here's Anadarko's video regarding the sounds of loading the PF9. (and slide)
Excellent video, IMO.

One of our posters posted a self made video with the sounds of this exact firearm. I also think ConcernedPapa made his own video comparing the sounds.
I'll go see if I can find them

Original post by Anadarko
Here is a quick and VERY amateur video I just made regarding the PF9, as there were some questions earlier about sounds in the 911 call. I don't know what the sounds were, but wanted to show what sound this would make if you were "preparing to use/carry etc.."

I'm not a gun expert, just someone who carries.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7R8YBayEzs&feature=player_embedded

I won't be surprised if a certain someone makes a nice donation for the family or GZ appearing on his show sometime soon or maybe Padilla offering to help soon. I'm sure he'll miraculously get the money he needs somehow.

Just jumping off your post, Aedrys...

Was this good neighbor that supplied the exclusive photo of the alleged head wound exclusively to ABS paid? It's well documented that ABC pays big bucks for photos. Licensing fees and such. Just wondering...

I would agree with that if the line were further down, but it's nearly at the crown of his head. The line of a baseball cap would be more in line with an area just slightly below the tops of his ears.

article-0-12B04BB7000005DC-56_634x403.jpg

Also, notice how none of the other area around it is lighter? It's very specific to the crown of his head. Also, overexposure is gradual (it wouldn't just cut right into it). Notice how distinct the line is? On one side there's blood and hair, and suddenly nothing. I could see if it faded to nothing. But it doesn't fade.

There is a possibility that could give that kind of over exposure - if someone was shining a bright flashlight at the top of GZ's head. Some cameras are not good at adjusting their flash exposure to the additional light, especially if the camera exposure is center weighted to select the exposure from the middle of the frame and the additional light is outside that area.

My husband also came up with a possibility, though I don't agree with him - that the straight line is a line of bleeding that ran across the top line if GZ had his head on it's right side, then dripped down once he stood up. I don't see this, since the other area of bleeding does not have a pattern that matches this "flow".

IMO, JMO, etc. except for my husband's opinion!

Because of the blood and contusions in the area. It's no longer a light-colored scalp. You can see where the corona of the light is, it just didn't produce the same result in that specific area because of the contrasting colors.

Good job on your photo experiment. I get your point as to the glare creating the illusion of a bald spot. I've still got a problem with the straight line, but I do get the reason for the appearance of a larger bald area.

There were also questions earlier about why the injuries at the scene and station did not seem to match up... I believe they did, and I've highlighted what I believe are the two consistent injuries at the scene and station video.

You can see the right-angled contusions in this image off to the right...
scene.png

And then again here.
station.png

Judge Jeanine on Fox is about to come on and will be discussing this case.

Just to weigh in on the apology issue. IMO, GZ wanted to express condolence to TM's parents. It was completely against his best interest to do so at this time (as opposed to during sentencing as others have suggested) and to do so in a courtroom on the witness stand. And, IMO, it humanizes him. Whatever the words, whatever the venue, IMO, it showed that the man has compassion.

Feel free to throw the rotten veggies, but that's JMHO.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Not throwing rotten vegetables but...

I can think of many words to describe GZ. Compassionate doesn't even enter my very long list. JMO

"So you see this as" is obviously my wording - what sense would it make for you to say that in reference to yourself?

Anyway, I'll take that as a yes and leave it at that.
I have edited the post to make it more clear that I was referring to your entire statement.

:wink: Hence, that would be a "no," not a "yes." But of course you may take it as you please! :peace:

Oh please i have had worse injuries from my ex-hubby beating me than GZ did from the supposed fight for his life..I thimk GZ ia a liar and murderer and racist...IMHO JMHO and all that

I am so sorry to hear you're an abuse victim. Thanks for sharing your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove