17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are laws in place that protect ones 2nd amendment right. Thank God!

If he is found not guilty, he has every right to own a gun!
Not guilty means no felony.

If someone is convicted of kidnapping, they would be a felon. They would not be allowed to own a gun.

You can't just strip rights away from innocent people.

That's not how our country works.

I think there's a mental health exception? I'll hold out hope that either a felony or his mental status stops him from being licensed to carry. He's already shown what he's capable of...JMO MOO IMO

Do you have some sort of proof that he doesn't have an AA degree?

Would you consider this article?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/trayvon-martin-shooting-g_n_1375357.html

Seminole State College will expel Trayvon Martin's avowed shooter, George Zimmerman, due to what they term the "high-profile controversy" surrounding his role in the 17-year-old's death.

Zimmerman has been an on-and-off student at the college since 2003. As of 2009, he was working towards an Associate in Arts degree.

If he was working towards an AA degree when he was expelled from his college it would imo imply that he hasn't got one yet.

Because you have the right to do something, does not mean that you should do it. IMO and only IMO If after fatally shooting an unarmed teenager, George Zimmerman still desires to own and carry concealed a gun, then he is by far a sicker puppy than I would want to see roaming free in the streets with or without a gun. Once again IMO JMHO and stuff.

If he is found not guilty because he was protecting himself, I'd say all the more reason he should carry.

For self defense.

I think there's a mental health exception? I'll hold out hope that either a felony or his mental status stops him from being licensed to carry. He's already shown what he's capable of...JMO MOO IMO

As far as I know, there would no mental health exception for GZ.
As far as I know he's as sane as anyone else.

GZ was a wannabe cop. It did not start when he lived in this neighborhood, look at the 911 records (which, by the way, are only ones where he gave his name --- were there more that were anonymous?). He was a failure at life (IMO) and could not hold a job, suffered from a bit of Short Man syndrome (IMO), at 28 still did not have his AA degree (but still had a party to celebrate??), wanted to be a cop, but apparently was not accepted, does not seem to have true friends, was reportedly estranged from his brother for years. So when he saw a pothole, he reported it. When he saw a young 7-9 year old on the street, he called police. He hosed down kids that he thought were bullies. He saw someone steal from a store, he followed them and called police, keeping up following him until they made the arrest. Once they started the neighborhood watch, he would patrol his neighborhood, from accounts that have been published, with his 100 pound rottweiler, his loaded gun (with the most deadly ammo), and his police flashlight. Black kids reported that he questioned them, accusing them of stealing a bike. There were reports that neighbors were complaining to the Board that he was overzealous. In his mind, he was the law. I think we have someone that is paranoid, delusional, and on one rainy night, let his fantasies take over. All MOO, but I think we have one sick puppy and I am pretty sure that his family knows that all too well.

I dont see anything above that was a crime though.

Do you have some sort of proof that he doesn't have an AA degree?

IDK, but it doesn't sound like it to me.

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has been withdrawn from school at Seminole State College by school officials, citing safety reasons.

Zimmerman first enrolled at Seminole State in 2003, earning a vocational certificate in Insurance Agent, General Lines, officials said. He then was enrolled in 2009 – 2012, working toward an Associate in Arts degree, General Studies.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Ge...-State-College/-/1637132/9679944/-/b30kt1z/-/

I'm not qualified to diagnose anyone...but hasn't he been said to have PTSD?

I don't think he's been diagnosed.

I remember hearing that but not who said it. Was it FT?

As of 2009. The party was at the end of 2011.

As of 2009, he was working towards an Associate in Arts degree.

But why would they need to expel someone who already graduated?

I didn't watch the whole thing but if he has a degree it sounds like the sort of thing that could come up in a bond hearing. Were his studies mentioned?

A lot of people get GREAT educations from community colleges.

It's not always a "starting point".

My point is that you get a two year degree and then go on to continue your education elsewhere. I attended a community college, as did both of my sons. Nothing wrong with that.

SANFORD, Fla. — Last August, Wendy Dorival got a call about setting up a local neighborhood watch. As the volunteer coordinator for the Police Department here, she gets such calls regularly, and the city already had at least 10 active watch groups. So she thought nothing of this call, from George Zimmerman.

She set up a visit for the next month at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a gated community that had been dealing with a string of burglaries. When 25 residents showed up, a decent turnout, she had the residents introduce themselves; after all, people join the groups to look out for each other.

She then gave a PowerPoint presentation and distributed a handbook.

As she always does, she emphasized what a neighborhood watch is — and what it is not.

--more @ link--

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/u...lights-neighborhood-watch-groups.html?_r=1&hp

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/NWProgramHandbook.pdf
--sanford PD--neighbourhood watch handbook---

spdnwhandbook.jpg

IDK, but it doesn't sound like it to me.

If he had already earned his degree, then why would he have to be expelled?

they do not say that he was taking classes towards any other degree, If he already has an AA then he should have been enrolled in a school that would allow him to earn a BS. It sounds as if he had not yet earned the AA that he was after to me IMO JMHO and stuff.

wow im watching the city commissioners meeting and you should see how hard some of these commissioners going to bat for chief lee, demanding to know what he di that was so wrong. where are the aws that he has broken, where did he violate sop? You cant do this to a family man with children, you just cant. These are my opinions of what i am hearing right now. Trying to finda link, but cant find one/.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403

When Tracy Martin greeted the police that morning, a plainclothes detective asked him to describe his son. "He asked me what he last had on. He asked me if I had any recent pictures," Martin said.

"I showed him a recent picture in the camera and he shook his head and said, 'OK, let me go to my car and get something.'" The detective returned with a folder.

It was drizzling, and he asked Martin if they could go inside. When they were seated he pulled out a photo. It was Trayvon, dead at the scene - his eyes rolled back, a tear on his cheek, saliva coming from his mouth. "From that point, our nightmare," Martin said.

I am outraged to know this is how SPD informed Tracy Martin of his son's death..How cruel and insensitive on their part..JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper