17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon.com: Fenix P3D 6 Level High Performance Cree LED Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors

This is my tacticle dog walking flashlight.
I didn't know it would make me seem like a vigilante.
Hubby bought it. It is really light in weight and super bright (which is great when looking for my black dog on the beach at night).
Hubby is an engineer and a gadget nut. In and of itself I would not give the tactical flashlight a lot of weight, but that is just me.

Seems like everything has to have a "tag" to make it seem extra super and special. Be the first on your block to own a "tactical" flashlight! Never found anything better than MagLite myself.

Btw, for those interested in the Feb 2nd bit that FT has been going on about ( link), I've uploaded that particular recording, along with a few others that SPD previously released. ( link )

Years ago, when we were living in Austin, during one of the boom times, developers were tripping over themselves to build gated communities of houses/townhouses/apartments out on Lake Travis. Most of them barely got started before a bust hit and not a single one of those places got finished. They sat there for years, decaying and burning down cuz no one could afford them, even if they'd been finished.

Gated communities were a big come-on for developers to lure folks with a false sense of security.

I think that is exactly why Twin Lakes was built as a gated community. Every site I have gone to shows Sanford as being above average in crime even for FL. It would be a big negative in that area not to have it gated....IMO

With respect to why he thought TM was suspicious, chose to follow him, got out of his vehicle, etc., all of the above is irrelevant. The point is that it's a gated community, and so there is gated community mentality.

With all due respect, if you are going to discuss 'gated community mentality', can you provide a link that it even exists? I'd like to be informed enough to discuss it with you...

Thanks

There are plenty of reasons for why there is no blood smeared in that pic and why TM's hands weren't covered in blood (if that's even true).

What are you suggesting? That GZ had the presence of mind to come up with the idea of staging a back-of-the-head injury in order to claim self defense? Again, I see him being given too much credit for intelligence.

Can you give me one reason why the blood is not smeared? I know you say there are plenty, but after racking my brain, I'm at a loss!

I don't know if his hands were covered in blood or not, I said they should be IIRC.

One doesn't have to be overly intelligent to be an effective criminal IMO

Thanks again!

With all due respect, if you are going to discuss 'gated community mentality', can you provide a link that it even exists? I'd like to be informed enough to discuss it with you...

Thanks

I don't understand it either? I'm a little insulted to think that I might have some sort of "mentality" I didn't know I had? All because I have a cool little button I can press to open a gate? You know what the messed up thing is? Someone stole the Christmas bow off my door this past year and someone stole my welcome mat by my front door! :floorlaugh: Sounds petty right? But whoever stole them was doing a lot more than what Trayvon was doing!

MOO

The initial cost of a 1,400-square-foot townhome and the pass code to that front gate: $250,000. Today, post-boom, the price has dipped below $100,000.

retreat at twin lakes

Retreat at Twin Lakes was built from 2006 to 2008 by Engle Homes. Number of Homes: 264

Price Range: $70,000 – $120,000

Amenities: Community pool and cabana, club house, gated community

Approximate HOA Dues: $130/month

Builder: Engle Homes/Tousa Homes

Built: 2006 – 2008

Sizes of homes: 1,200 – 1,500 square feet

This is why I think the blood is not smeared in the photo we have seen.

There are no straight drip lines on the back of his head. If he had been walking around bleeding there should have been lines that ran straight down his scalp.

What I see is that all the lines run down and then break to one side or the other of the center of the back of his head. This makes me think that the head had been clean off just prior to the picture being taken and all the drip lines we see are fresh blood that ran while his head was in a semi tilted down position.

Of course that is just how it appears to me.

The initial cost of a 1,400-square-foot townhome and the pass code to that front gate: $250,000. Today, post-boom, the price has dipped below $100,000.

retreat at twin lakes

Retreat at Twin Lakes was built from 2006 to 2008 by Engle Homes. Number of Homes: 264

Price Range: $70,000 – $120,000

Amenities: Community pool and cabana, club house, gated community

Approximate HOA Dues: $130/month

Builder: Engle Homes/Tousa Homes

Built: 2006 – 2008

Sizes of homes: 1,200 – 1,500 square feet

No gym? No tennis courts? No picnic/cookout areas? No golf course? No walking/bike trails? No man-made beach? (We don't have one in my complex, but I almost moved into one that did -- it was pretty groovy). Do they even have a pet alligator in the Lake?

In order to have a "gated community mentality" there should be at least three pools! One salt-water, one heated, one kiddie pool.

MOO

With respect to why he thought TM was suspicious, chose to follow him, got out of his vehicle, etc., all of the above is irrelevant. The point is that it's a gated community, and so there is gated community mentality.
Then everyone in a gated community would do it and they do not.

Saw the gun discussion a few pages back....

A little off topic but did anyone see the Dunkin Donut robbery suspect in Orlando that witnesses captured? In the video one of the witness made one of the people that is holding the robber for the police is openly also holding a gun. :what:

Gun is not mentioned in the written article but is shown in the video report.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Ma...ts/-/1637132/11670368/-/13oef1bz/-/index.html

I wonder if luminol? would still locate anything at the scene? Perhaps that back patio. The outdoor cooker, the privacy fence post and such. In regards to the talk of the cut-through in the complex. Just hope we are on the same page. I think it would help if each are described. The cut-through leading to where the sidewalks form a T = near where the confrontation and Martin's death occured. I earlier described a cut-through where I thought Zimmerman took to cut off Martin and this is where I think his 911 call ended. It is an open space btw the buildings that would have also given Zimmerman cover. In the picture it cannot be seen, but is where the black screened porch is on the corner. I'd have the inside of this porch tested for Z's fingerprints as well. This would prove where Z was and that he could not have been walking back from trying to view the rear entrance/exit and approached by Martin from his left at the sidewalk T. on his way back to truck. Dispatcher: He's running, which way is he running?
GZ: Down towards the other entrance of the neighborhood. Zimmerman had to know that by taking that route he would not catch up. And if he really wanted to why not drive down there to intercept? There was only one other way to do that on foot, and that was not by following Martin, but to cut him off by walking to the cut-throughs btw the buildings. IMO http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21773&stc=1&d=1335243875

Why isn't the blood smeared in that pic. Trayvon's hands should have been covered in blood, and we should see smudges/fingerprints/palmprints somewhere...:waitasec:

MOO

I used to know a professional wrestler and he told me about a little trick they do when they want it to appear that they've been injured and cut during a match. It is called "blading" and it really kind of reminds me of what this iPhone picture looked like. Here is a link to an explanation of what it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blading_(professional_wrestling)#cite_note-11

I'm not saying that's what GZ did but if you google images of professional wrestler blading it kind of reminds me of the iPhone pic. IMO :moo: IMO :moo: IMVHO

You guys seem to be able to ferret out all of the latest info on this case, so I'll ask y'all a couple of questions. Has anyone seen a report about TM's cell phone being found on BG's doorstep? If so, how do you think that affects GZ's claim that TM attacked him?

< mod snip >

I really want to know the truth in this case and not have to rely on media, which IMO is slanted and sensationalistic in too many cases, this one included. Sometimes I think that the UK is right in not allowing the press to express opinions on cases that haven't been adjudicated. I know that would infringe on freedom of the press, but IMO that freedom sometimes leads to injustice. Look no further than Casey Anthony to see what I mean.

Those of you who have posted in the West Memphis Three forum will recognize me. That case is my obsession, but this one is rapidly becoming one, too. I hate that TM was killed, but I don't want to see GZ unjustly punished for the incident if he truly acted in self defense. Right now, I don't believe that we have enough accurate information to know beyond a reasonable doubt whether GZ is guilty of murder or not.

Speculation Zimmerman route to cut off Martin.

So if Trayvon jumped Zimmerman, would this just be in reverse? Sorry, I'm not a visual learner...:banghead:

ETA: nevermind, I'm not sure how to ask this...

Omachka - Re; injuries. Nothing to go on. I wish we had a decent photo of his injuries and without all the blood.

It would expose a lie and put Zimmerman's ability to tell the truth into question. If he lie about where he was he lie about being attacked.

I wonder if luminol? would still locate anything at the scene? Perhaps that back patio. The outdoor cooker, the privacy fence post and such. In regards to the talk of the cut-through in the complex. Just hope we are on the same page. I think it would help if each are described. The cut-through leading to where the sidewalks form a T = near where the confrontation and Martin's death occured. I earlier described a cut-through where I thought Zimmerman took to cut off Martin and this is where I think his 911 call ended. It is an open space btw the buildings that would have also given Zimmerman cover. In the picture it cannot be seen, but is where the black screened porch is on the corner. I'd have the inside of this porch tested for Z's fingerprints as well. This would prove where Z was and that he could not have been walking back from trying to view the rear entrance/exit and approached by Martin from his left at the sidewalk T. on his way back to truck. Dispatcher: He's running, which way is he running?
GZ: Down towards the other entrance of the neighborhood. Zimmerman had to know that by taking that route he would not catch up. And if he really wanted to why not drive down there to intercept? There was only one other way to do that on foot, and that was not by following Martin, but to cut him off by walking to the cut-throughs btw the buildings. IMO http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21773&stc=1&d=1335243875

BBM
Quick answer, YES! The primary use of luminol IS to detect the iron component in hemoglobin (hemoglobin being a compound within erythrocytes (red blood cells) & it CAN react with minute (trace) amounts.
Problems with testing: CROSS-REACTIVITY :a chemiluminescence ("glowing") reaction CAN & DOES occur with other materials, ie bleach, horseradish, copper materials (stripped wire "droppings"),other species blood and fecal material~
"NON-DATABLE: the AGE of the reactant can NOT be determined so open areas with high volume traffic are problematic to testers.

:what: A huge positive is the fact that DNA from a reactive site CAN be extracted from a sample tested by/with luminol, negative factor is the possibility/probability that size might be limited and the sample might be denatured ("messed-up" chemically/organically) by the elements of the environment.

:moo::moo::moo:All JMO, JME but here's a few friendly references
http://chemistry.about.com/od/glowinthedarkprojects/a/luminolblood.htm
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminol"]Luminol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

in depth paper: http://www.isfg.org/files/ea84de9e210d90fc6b60188b862dcc26772e235c.03015395_285078074257.pdf

I want to expand on this because it goes back to the point I made in my first post on this thread, answering why GZ ever left his vehicle.

You really have to understand the "gated community mentality" to get it. On a public street everyone has a right to be there. I can get on a plane, fly to any city, get in a rent a car, drive around, park, and walk down any street, and really nobody has any reason to suspect me.

But if I drive into a private gated community, it all changes. Completely. People expect to know others. If they don't recognize you, they look at how you look, what you're driving, what your'e wearing, to determine if you belong. And if they can't tell, they might confront you, or call security, just to make sure. This is practically unheard of in a public street context.

So I think that's why people have such a hard time understanding GZ's attitude and behavior. Why did he get out of the car? Why did he follow TM? The answer is: gated community mentality. Perfectly normal and legal.

Don't know where you are getting your ideas about gated communities from but, wrong! I live in a very upscale gated community in Florida, I see a person driving, I think they are either going home, going somewhere, or visiting someone, I see someone walking, I think how nice they are out for some fresh air, I see someone walking in the rain, I think sillies don't they know to get out of the rain. I have never and have never heard of any of my neighbors confronting or calling security on any of those things.

What "gated community mentality", perhaps that is just some term made up by someone that has never lived in a gated community and is something that is wrongly perceived because of envy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member