17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me like you're conflating compound dependent events with combinations?

If you have a compound dependent event - that is, Events A, B, and C, and event B is reliant on Event A, and C is reliant on Event B - you multiply the probabilities together. The order of the events is important, so you don't just combine them as you would when trying to determine a probability like in your scenario.

The original poster's math appears to be correct.

http://www.tpub.com/math2/88.htm
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/math/prealg/prealg05/study_guide/pdfs/prealg_pssg_G106.pdf
http://www.mathgoodies.com/lessons/vol6/dependent_events.html

:waitasec: I'll leave to y'all for follow up in the next 5 days as I'm headed out in the next 30 minutes to New Orleans Jazz Festival - and will be meeting up with another :websleuther:! :seeya:

It was raining and there could be other evidence on the ground at that location and the tarp was covering it? I don't know. I just know there has been no confirmation I'm aware of that the tarp was over TM's body. Plus the description of where the body was does not match up with the picture. jmo

I'm no crime scene expert but would that even happen? Once Trayvon was pronounced dead, wouldn't his body be placed in a body bag and removed to the ME's office? Wouldn't throwing a tarp over it contaminate possible evidence?

Does anyone know what the proper procedure is?

I'm no crime scene expert but would that even happen? Once Trayvon was pronounced dead, wouldn't his body be placed in a body bag and removed to the ME's office? Wouldn't throwing a tarp over it contaminate possible evidence?

Not sure, I know when my dad past away he was found in the yard, the cop got an old sheet from dads truck and covered him. maybe so people couldn't see and be upset. idk

Why is that?

I'm thinking it's probably the same look on his face the night Trayvon was killed when he wanted Zimmerman to be charged with manslaughter but was overruled by the late night visit from Wolfinger.

JMO

Not sure what he's thinking but the look on his face kind of says, I can't believe you're saying that.

JMHO

Why is that?

I'm thinking it's probably the same look on his face the night Trayvon was killed when he wanted Zimmerman to be charged with manslaughter but was overruled by the late night visit from Wolfinger.

JMO
Is there any evidence Wolfinger actually made a late night visit, other than unsourced allegations made by someone with extreme bias in the case?

They could of been waiting until someone else showed up or until he was pronounced dead. Since it was raining, they could of been trying to keep the body from the elements?

Is there any evidence Wolfinger actually made a late night visit, other than unsourced allegations made by someone with extreme bias in the case?

Nope, not yet. That's why I indicated it was JMO. Either way, Serino WAS overruled.

Have fun in New Orleans! :seeya:

Doesn't sound like National Enquirer to me.

Got it, you guys are right, had to find the original Reuters article via digg. Curious if anyone but the Mail took it.

However, I stand by my original statement that the Mail shouldn't be relied on for hard news, especially when citing things here. Can I just say that the top headline in the Mail - the UK version at least - is "Are You Looking At Us? Meet the World's Most Evil Pets". And there's some dogs and a frog. Something about a NY Madam forced to wear diapers in Rikers, etc etc. It's not as fabricated as the Enquirer, but nobody in their right mind would ever rely on that paper for news.

If you live in the UK or have lived there, or know anyone who has lived there, check w/. them, they will tell you that you cannot get hard news from the Mail. What you CAN rely on them for is to tell you the color of Kate's underwear, etc.

I'm quoting a neighbor that stated that it was a strict Catholic Household, sorry I don't have a link at this time. The neighbor also said the kids were not allowed to play with other kids.

Strict is the operative word, IMO.

BBM

I don't think that's a product of being in a Catholic household, I think it's a product of having strict parents.

They could of been waiting until someone else showed up or until he was pronounced dead. Since it was raining, they could of been trying to keep the body from the elements?

TM's body was reported as being down the center walk behind the condos. This picture taken was at a break in the condos. That is not consistent with what the police reports have the location of the TM's body. So it's really not clear what that tarp was for. jmo

The father, Robert Zimmerman, is a retired military man. He could be strict. And the children's grandmother, who lived with the family, also kept a watchful eye, said Kay Hall, who lived across the street from the Zimmermans for about 20 years. George and his siblings "didn't play with the neighborhood kids," Rudzenski said. "They had to stay home and play." It was always "Yes, ma'am," "No, ma'am," Hall said.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2017819414.html

TM's body was reported as being down the center walk behind the condos. This picture taken was at a break in the condos. That is not consistent with what the police reports have the location of the TM's body. So it's really not clear what that tarp was for. jmo

No but as a previous poster pointed out, 'John' said the body was close/in his backyard, which corresponds to where the tarp was but not what the report says. Could it be he also took the tarp for covering a body, especially if there was activity around the tarp.

ETA: I'm not really sure what it would really change if it really was in that position, other than the police report isn't accurate (which in turn asks what else is inaccurate).

Zimmerman's wife said she had received one threat and it was by email. Wonder how anyone got her email?

The same way digging through Trayvon's every little mistake helped some others to determine if they felt he was really a victim or not....For me, IMO, this type of information about GZ's previous life helps me learn what type of person he was/is and maybe what led him to kill Trayvon, and think that he should get away with it, and be 'frustrated that he is even being charged.' I personally like to know as much as possible about someone charged with a crime as it helps me figure out if I think they are responsible or not.

But what I have seen repetedly on here is that its ok to go through every little detail of GZs life to "learn what type of person he was/is and maybe what led him to kill Trayvon", but is not ok to go through TMs life to see if he had a propensity to cause trouble, become agressive, break the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC