17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is NOT the prosecution's burden during SYG hearing. The burden there will be GZ's. (If SYG immunity is denied and the case proceeds to trial, then the burden reverts to the State and GZ only has to show enough evidence to get his self-defense claim in front of the jury (a very low standard, it appears).)

I don't believe the investigator said they "don't have evidence of certain things they re claiming," I believe he said they don't know what happened during certain periods about which MO'M asked. Not the same thing.

I was speaking of the trial (if there is one).

And my opinion stands on the fact that the investigator admitted under oath a lack of evidence on some very important matters.

But what I have seen repetedly on here is that its ok to go through every little detail of GZs life to "learn what type of person he was/is and maybe what led him to kill Trayvon", but is not ok to go through TMs life to see if he had a propensity to cause trouble, become agressive, break the law.

It's generally considered bad form to trash the victim. GZ had no knowledge of anything TM did prior to that night. The only indication of TM doing anything comes from the man accused of murdering him. GZ's past actions may or may not come into play if he goes to trial.

Does this mean that GZ withheld that info from his lawyer while appealing for a low bond?

They can't have it both ways, can they? Either GZ willfully withheld the fact that the accounts were garnering money or O'Mara expressly told GZ not to talk to him about the website.

That Investigator Mr G, at the bond hearing..

some comments were that he wasn't 'prepared', seemed true enough that he wasn't expecting to be called...thus not prepared, in that sense, but

seemed to me to be someone who was itching with info, but couldn't say, at this point

recall that other case in FL, where investigators were communicating via email & phone with some of their experts, ie UT/BF/FBI, but there were not final reports..

so not obligated to share, as yet? possible here?

LOL did that make any sense

But, when he answered, under oath that he didn't have certain information, he can't later say he had it.

I don't know, but I doubt it. He also said this in the article,

He has his tracks covered it seems, kind of reminds me of when he said, Gee I didn't know that the family didn't want to hear the apology at the bond hearing. ( paraphrasing with a little sarcasm thrown in )

I really don't know how GZ's wife didn't know how much money was in there, was she being coy, it wasn't an outright lie to say she didn't know if she didn't have the exact dollar amount?
JMHO

Thanks Annalia. I was being more facetious with my comments than anything since Dershowitz stated how the prosecutor committed perjury in her probable cause affidavit.

~Jmo~

I'm all for civil rights and if some good can come out of this, please let it be, but commemorating riots doesn't make much sense to me.

I have to agree. However, to be fair, the quote was:

"It also just happens to be the 20th anniversary of the riots associated with the Rodney King beating."

So I'm not sure 'commemorating' is the right word.

:dunno:

By the way, I sure hope Zimmerman plans to hold some of this money back so that when he's ultimately convicted for Trayvon's murder he can pay for the wrongful death suit that I hope Trayvon's family will file against him.

~jmo~

I don't know, but I doubt it. He also said this in the article,

He has his tracks covered it seems, kind of reminds me of when he said, Gee I didn't know that the family didn't want to hear the apology at the bond hearing. ( paraphrasing with a little sarcasm thrown in )

I really don't know how GZ's wife didn't know how much money was in there, was she being coy, it wasn't an outright lie to say she didn't know if she didn't have the exact dollar amount?
JMHO

You mean he didn't ask the simple question, "George, how much money do you have now? So I can let the judge know how to proceed in the bond hearing? " This seems to me to be lying by omission and MOM did not do his duty as an officer of the court.

I wonder how long before GZ is looking for his fourth lawyer?

Speaking as someone who did exactly that, I don't blame the CC companies for doing what they do. What happened to personal responsibility? 23 is not really young enough to claim ignorance, IMO. If you don't have the money to pay for something, you don't buy it. GZ's parents were responsible, hard working people, I doubt they or any parent would condone their child being that financially irresponsible.

I don't think we are supposed to be discussing GZ's credit.

I have to agree. However, to be fair, the quote was:

"It also just happens to be the 20th anniversary of the riots associated with the Rodney King beating."

So I'm not sure 'commemorating' is the right word.

:dunno:

Fair enough.

George Zimmerman: Attorney may not use Stand Your Ground defense....

"It's really too early to say until we see the facts, once we see the evidence, and we can come up with an idea as to what defense applies to it. Stand your ground, traditional self defense, We just don't know yet," said Mark O'Mara.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2012/4/26/george_zimmerman_att.html

So, here's my question. Is the defence entitled to all discovery before deciding on whether to proceed with SYG?

I was speaking of the trial (if there is one).

And my opinion stands on the fact that the investigator admitted under oath a lack of evidence on some very important matters.

They do not know what was said to provoke a fight. They only know that the statement GZ gave as to the events and how they happened are not consistent with the evidence they have gathered so far. I take that to mean that GZ lied about TM being the aggressor. Why would GZ do that? My guess is he had to or face murder charges. How common is it that a defendant will tell the truth???? Bet the percentage is in the single digits. jmo

So, here's my question. Is the defence entitled to all discovery before deciding on whether to proceed with SYG?

Yes, I'm sure they would because that's SOP anyway (but I'm freely admitting that I am not an attorney).

~jmo~

You mean he didn't ask the simple question, "George, how much money do you have now? So I can let the judge know how to proceed in the bond hearing? " This seems to me to be lying by omission and MOM did not do his duty as an officer of the court.

I've always heard the first thing a defense lawyer asks is:

How much money do you have? lol

Methinks that MOM is pretty sly....

I think someone could be in trouble for this.

From two days ago:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7828663&postcount=48"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32[/ame]

Dispatcher: Are you following him?
George Zimmerman: Yeah
Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
George Zimmerman: Okay.

Mark O'Mara: “I’ve started the process to properly authorize his legal fund."
"I do not want him to have any Internet presence and that site has been taken down.

Tic, toc, tic, toc, tic, toc ...

Today O'Mara said on Anderson 360:

"He said he was prepared to "deal with any fallout," but predicted (Judge) Lester would not feel misled. "I told him what I knew at the time, which was exactly what I was aware of."

Did George not understand that a bail or bond hearing consists of talk about available funds? Why hadn't he alerted his attorney to that PayPal account prior to the bail hearing?

Tic, toc.

Half that 200k was his wife's and she swore she knew nothing about it.

At the very least, maybe will get to see a new opinion piece by Mr. Dershowitz addressing this issue.

~jmo~

Before you present to the court a statement that your client has no means you would want to check to be sure that is true. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC