17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all a bunch of bull. I want to see the autopsy and all other records. This $$ thing is nothing more than a smoke screen!

The quotes above are what I read in this thread. I can't watch the hearing at work, but I assume from those posts that it was said in court. I just don't know by who, sorry.

LOL sorry....MOM was splainin it to the judge.

WHAT ?? bob kealing ‏ @bobkealing

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Judge: Neither #Zimmerman nor his Atty will be at May 8 arraignment. Hearing over.

How can his lawyer not show up ?

They have already entered his plea.

Why didn't the MO'M know? The state may have known about the site but they would have no way of knowing how much was in it.

Especially since none of GZ's relatives that testified knew about the account either at the last hearing. And the one person who knew didn't testify. That can't be a coincidence. Didn't know my foot. So what did they spend, $50,000 in Monopoly money?

I have to say that went as I expected it too last night, nothing, not even a slap on the wrist, O'Mara is left to find out the details. It would have been better if an investigator not partial to either side were checking out the details, I don't trust O'Mara as far as I can throw him.
It seems to me all defense lawyers are pretty much the same, resorting to sneaky, tricky ways when the going gets tough JMO :maddening:

If he did, he'd be in a whole lot of trouble wouldn't he?
But I thought MOM stated that GZ used the funds, or GZ and family...that might include the brother. Hmmm...did the entire family and all the relatives go into hiding? Then, well...maybe that'd cost a lot. All JMO, of course.

Could've bought a bunch of guns & other weapons too for his new hide-out & also for the family who are supposedly getting hateful emails; George LOVED his gun & he seems too paranoid to not have one, imo. I don't think LE is searching where he lives at all & he only has to 'check in' every 3 days, he can buy all the guns he wants without worry. All JMO

What funds were "siphoned"? These were donations to GZ, from the public at large.

Interesting, I think ALL of us here knew about the donations account - why didn't the prosecution know?

It has nothing to do with the prosecution not knowing, they knew there was a website, it has everything to do with the amount in the account.

That wasn't up to the prosecution find out and disclose.

JMHO

MOM said:

Total collected from paypal from day 1 = $204,000 (gross collected)

Amt actually in paypal acct day of hearing = $150,000 (current balance).

Difference = $54,000, gone from account. IIRC, MOM said GZ has an accounting of where it went, or was preparing that accounting?

Maybe GZ paid his 1040ES after all. That would be a big chunk. Especially with no dependents or schedule A deductions. :giggle:

Alternatively, I suppose MOM could have required a $50,000 advance retainer to cover expenses.

Paying for housing and perhaps protection, then add in meals and incidentals. Stuff can add up after a bit.

I would think that the $15K that they had to post would have come from that also.

Plus paypal fees are outrageous. I wonder if the $200k is before or after paypal took their fees?

Why didn't the MO'M know? The state may have known about the site but they would have no way of knowing how much was in it.

I think he knew about the site but not the amounts. I just don't think their conversations went there (about the site), he's only be talking with his client for about 3 weeks.

I understand he's a defense attorney, but from what I understand MOM has a pretty impeccable reputation as far as the legal field is concerned. I don't think he would purposely deceive the court during the bond hearing, arguing about indigent status if he knew there was a nice amount of money available.

It has nothing to do with the prosecution not knowing, they knew there was a website, it has everything to do with the amount in the account.

That wasn't up to the prosecution find out and disclose.

JMHO

I think actually, it was. If they knew of a source of income (surely they knew) and didn't bother to ask how much was in it, it's on them.

IMHO.

I just listened again to MOM telling the judge about the Paypal accounts. What he was saying is that of last Friday, the day of the bond hearing, there was $150,000 in the account. Since that day they have used some for living expenses and used $5000 towards the bond. Then more donations must have come in and the amount is up to $204,000.

I think they will get away with this.

The brother didn't testify, so they'll all just play dumb.

Doesn't answer how they wouldn't know if they were spending money for expenses, but since the brother didn't testify they'll still get away with it.

Even if nothing comes of it, it gives more insight into these people, at least for me, and it ain't pretty. I'm fed up with all the ridiculous excuses.

200K in 30-45 days, I hope they release the donor list and amounts, we don't need to know names of small donors, but any political organizations they should release.

Gee, I wonder if Fox News, Sean Hannity contibuted?

JMHO

Makes me wonder if that's why GZ's brother didn't testify last Friday. GZ was put forth as a man who had very little money with regards to bail. This whole thing stinks like yesterdays diapers but I guess the judge doesn't care.

I would think that the $15K that they had to post would have come from that also.

Plus paypal fees are outrageous. I wonder if the $200k is before or after paypal took their fees?

Paypal fees, can't recall what they are. I used them through ebay when selling stuff, but that was nickel and dime compared to this. Need to do a look up.

I think actually, it was. If they knew of a source of income (surely they knew) and didn't bother to ask how much was in it, it's on them.

IMHO.

Hello, they did ask, and no one knew! It's not the states fault that the defense played tricky with the money. This is just ridiculous. GZ is living large but saying he's indigent. It's an outrage!

MOM said:

Total collected from paypal from day 1 = $204,000 (gross collected)

Amt actually in paypal acct day of hearing = $150,000 (current balance).

Difference = $54,000, gone from account. IIRC, MOM said GZ has an accounting of where it went, or was preparing that accounting?

Maybe GZ paid his 1040ES after all. That would be a big chunk. Especially with no dependents or schedule A deductions. :giggle:

:floorlaugh:

O'Mara also stated that $5,000 went towards the bail money from the account.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member