17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, they did ask, and no one knew! It's not the states fault that the defense played tricky with the money. This is just ridiculous. GZ is living large but saying he's indigent. It's an outrage!

No one knew? How could that be?

If they wanted to find out, they could surely have taken a 3 minute recess so someone with a laptop could access the account and give it a look-see.

Especially since none of GZ's relatives that testified knew about the account either at the last hearing. And the one person who knew didn't testify. That can't be a coincidence. Didn't know my foot. So what did they spend, $50,000 in Monopoly money?

If this is how it went down, brilliant legal maneuvering by MOM. The website went up on the 9th, Zimmerman was in jail on the 11th. There is no way that he had personal knowledge of how much was in the account, besides any second-hand "hearsay" information.

O'Mara also stated that $5,000 went towards the bail money from the account.

~jmo~

I wonder why only $5000? Why not pay off the whole thing if the money's there? Oh wait, those darn expensive living expenses! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I just listened again to MOM telling the judge about the Paypal accounts. What he was saying is that of last Friday, the day of the bond hearing, there was $150,000 in the account. Since that day they have used some for living expenses and used $5000 towards the bond. Then more donations must have come in and the amount is up to $204,000.

Thank you!:seeya:

No one knew? How could that be?

If they wanted to find out, they could surely have taken a 3 minute recess so someone with a laptop could access the account and give it a look-see.

The prosecution can't just access the account. They would probably have to get a warrant for that. That would be a huge privacy issue that MOM would be screaming about if they tried it without a warrant. The court system does not work that fast.

snip

"I am the real George Zimmerman," a message on the site begins. "On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries."

snip
It has come to my attention that some persons and/or entities have been collecting funds, thinly veiled as my "Defense Fund" or "Legal Fund". I cannot attest to the validity of these other websites as I have not received any funds collected, intended to support my family and I through this trying, tragic time.

I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. I will also personally, maintain accountability of all funds received. I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.

Sincerely,

George Zimmerman

Remember the uproar from the previous 2 Attorneys when this site appeared? And they suggested George should maintain quiet?

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...se-money-for-legal-costs-lawyers-confirm?lite

This should be a sticky on this folder. I don't for one minute believe that GZ didn't keep up with the balance in his account. If his brother stole the money or they used it for living expenses or whatever, there is no freaking way that GZ didn't know the balance, down to the penny. :maddening:

They can't just access the account. They would probably have to get a warrant for that. That would be a huge privacy issue that MOM would be screaming about if they tried it without a warrant. The court system does not work that fast.

GZ was sitting right there. It seems if they wanted to know, they could say to his attorney um hey we know he has this paypal account, how much is in it? Use my laptop if necessary to access it.

In the same way the jury member, from the jury box, suggested to SP's prosecution that they ask what tax bracket SP was in during the trial.

I have to say that went as I expected it too last night, nothing, not even a slap on the wrist, O'Mara is left to find out the details. It would have been better if an investigator not partial to either side were checking out the details, I don't trust O'Mara as far as I can throw him.
It seems to me all defense lawyers are pretty much the same, resorting to sneaky, tricky ways when the going gets tough JMO :maddening:

The exact same thing could be said about prosecutors.

IMO!

I'm really upset that the judge doesn't care. Apparently in Florida, it's okay to have big money and spend it, and also claim you're indigent. Wonderful state there.

Did a quick pay pal look up, 2.9% looks like max fee plus a charge for each transaction.

I just listened again to MOM telling the judge about the Paypal accounts. What he was saying is that of last Friday, the day of the bond hearing, there was $150,000 in the account. Since that day they have used some for living expenses and used $5000 towards the bond. Then more donations must have come in and the amount is up to $204,000.

We heard it backwards? :waitasec:
So GZ earned $54,000 in paypal donations in 4 days since the bond hearing?

If I heard correctly, did MOM say they intend to continue to tap in to the donation stream by arranging a trust? Or was that just a holding trust?

If this is how it went down, brilliant legal maneuvering by MOM. The website went up on the 9th, Zimmerman was in jail on the 11th. There is no way that he had personal knowledge of how much was in the account, besides any second-hand "hearsay" information.

Zimmerman could have called Paypal from the jail for the balance. OMara could of accessed the account for Zimmerman as his lawyer.

O'Mara also stated that $5,000 went towards the bail money from the account.

~jmo~

If that's the case, I sure hope GZ's parents didn't mortgage their home for his bail $. If that were the case, GZ would surely be paying me back now, but pro blem here is, O'Mara is in control of the $ now, not GZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano