17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in the video linked above, O'Mara says in front of Crump,that he called him a couple of times with no response. Crump does not deny that. So how the heck did Crump tell O'Mara NOT to have his client apologize if in fact, he never answered or returned his calls?
Maybe there were other calls and talks about it?

I won't speculate until we have a definitive time line as to when the calls were placed and under what circumstances. I'm not going to give much credence to a media bite given by someone who's playing this game to his best advantage.

Did you watch the video??

On the day before the bond hearing this was stated.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/trayvo...uest-for-private-meeting-with-accused/1225872

snip more at link

The parents of Trayvon Martin will not grant a request any time soon to meet with their son's accused killer, their attorney said Thursday.

Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, the parents of the teenager, were informed of the request on the eve of defendant George Zimmerman's bail hearing today.

But now, family attorney Benjamin Crump said at a press conference, is not the time.

So O'Mara called privately, and offered to meet privately. And then Crump went on TV and rejected that offer?

On the day before the bond hearing this was stated.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/trayvo...uest-for-private-meeting-with-accused/1225872

snip more at link

The parents of Trayvon Martin will not grant a request any time soon to meet with their son's accused killer, their attorney said Thursday.

Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, the parents of the teenager, were informed of the request on the eve of defendant George Zimmerman's bail hearing today.

But now, family attorney Benjamin Crump said at a press conference, is not the time.
Maybe Crump should have brought this up. Why didn't he just call him back? he accuses GZ of making the apology to sway the judge, yet he holds a press conference to make this announcement...really? wow.

ETA: "So this was a press conference after the fact?
"Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, the parents of the teenager, were informed of the request on the eve of defendant George Zimmerman's bail hearing today."

Maybe there were other calls and talks about it?

No, apparently, according to Grandmaj's link, we now know how it went down.

O'Mara called Crump and asked if his client could speak PRIVATELY, OFF CAMERA to the Martin's, to offer his apology.

And rather than return the call privately, Crump CALLS A PRESS CONFERENCE, and rejects the idea on television, making it seem like it was an insult to them. Crump is very good at his job.

the ' it will all blow over' quote is not heard coming from GZ himself, is it?
No it is not AFAIK. And IF GZ actually did speak those words at some point, we have no idea what the context was, nor when he said it. It could have had to do with the death threats, or the $10,000 bounty on his head, or anything else, IF he said it at all.

IMO it is unfortunate that someone speaking on GZ's behalf chose that particular phrase. Trayvon's death will surely never "all blow over" for GZ and he most likely recognized that from the moment he pulled the trigger. JMO

Yes, I posted it earlier - he didn't talk to O'Mara about the apology so he couldn't have told him not to do it - O'Mara didn't just "disregard" the family's feelings.

BEM: Sorry?

JMO

No, not sorry. For lack of anything new, the circumstances of a phone call and an apology to the Martins has been blown way out of proportion and, even after watching the video, we don't have the facts. This is such a nothing, I don't understand why it's here at all.:waitasec:

Maybe Crump should have brought this up. Why didn't he just call him back? he accuses GZ of making the apology to sway the judge, yet he holds a press conference to make this announcement...really? wow.

ETA: "So this was a press conference after the fact?
"Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, the parents of the teenager, were informed of the request on the eve of defendant George Zimmerman's bail hearing today."

http://baynews9.com/content/news/ba...icles/cfn/2012/4/18/trayvon_martin_judge.html

WOW is right since O'Mara went on TV in a one hour interview and discussed it.

During a one-on-one interview Wednesday, attorney Mark O'Mara revealed Zimmerman wants to meet with the family of the 17-year-old he shot and killed in February.

O'Mara did not explain why his client wants the meeting, but said is that if it were to happen, it would be private -- just Zimmerman and Trayvon's parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton.

"I've talked a couple of times about the conversation that, hopefully, will occur directly to the Martin family, a private conversation," said O'Mara. "To the community, I think he would just say don't prejudge him."

You know that for a fact? Is there a link that says what MO'M was or wasn't told in any private conversation with Crump? I think we're reaching a little too far and wide to be "sleuthing" the motives of any of the attorneys involved.
Really? Do you think we should also not be sleuthing the motives of O'Mara? Or is it only Crump who should be granted this consideration? JMO

No, apparently, according to Grandmaj's link, we now know how it went down.

O'Mara called Crump and asked if his client could speak PRIVATELY, OFF CAMERA to the Martin's, to offer his apology.

And rather than return the call privately, Crump CALLS A PRESS CONFERENCE, and rejects the idea on television, making it seem like it was an insult to them. Crump is very good at his job.

They all are. MO'M wasn't hired for anything but his defense skills. He knows how to work the media and he'll work hard for GZ. That's how it should be. I just don't see lawyers on either side of the coin as any different from one another.

No it is not AFAIK. And IF GZ actually did speak those words at some point, we have no idea what the context was, nor when he said it. It could have had to do with the death threats, or the $10,000 bounty on his head, or anything else, IF he said it at all.

IMO it is unfortunate that someone speaking on GZ's behalf chose that particular phrase. Trayvon's death will surely never "all blow over" for GZ and he most likely recognized that from the moment he pulled the trigger. JMO

Joe Oliver on ABC news...... "Zimmerman thought it would all blow over"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...120325_1_abc-news-arizona-iced-tea-joe-oliver

Really? Do you think we should also not be sleuthing the motives of O'Mara? Or is it only Crump who should be granted this consideration? JMO

I would think any attorney would shocked to have his motives and tactics discovered on a web forum. The very concept of law requires an attorney to play all his cards very close to their chest. Sometimes lawyers make terrific poker players.

I never said Crump deserved special consideration. Where did you get that from? The only people who should be totally removed from the discussion are the Martins. None of us can speak to their motives since we are not in their shoes.

They all are. MO'M wasn't hired for anything but his defense skills. He knows how to work the media and he'll work hard for GZ. That's how it should be. I just don't see lawyers on either side of the coin as any different from one another.

But many here are in agreement that O'Mara is worse that Baez ever was, even though Baez falsely accused a grandfather of raping his daughter. And Crump is considered a hero, someone to be admired. I am just trying to point out that they are both just doing their jobs.

<snip>
Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, has said his client wants to meet with Martin's family. He did not explain why Zimmerman wants the meeting.

"I've talked a couple of times about the conversation that, hopefully, will occur directly to the Martin family, a private conversation," said O'Mara, according to Bay News 9.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/trayvon-martins-parents-reject-request-for-private-meeting-with-accused/1225872

I'm all about justice for Trayvon, so no cheap shots here.

But it appears to me that Crump's press conference was every bit as self-serving as others are suggesting GZ's statement in court was.

I've been working in the legal field too long to not recognize a duck when I hear it quack. I have all the admiration and respect for Tracy & Sybrina. Crump, not so much.

http://baynews9.com/content/news/ba...icles/cfn/2012/4/18/trayvon_martin_judge.html

WOW is right since O'Mara went on TV in a one hour interview and discussed it.

During a one-on-one interview Wednesday, attorney Mark O'Mara revealed Zimmerman wants to meet with the family of the 17-year-old he shot and killed in February.

O'Mara did not explain why his client wants the meeting, but said is that if it were to happen, it would be private -- just Zimmerman and Trayvon's parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton.

"I've talked a couple of times about the conversation that, hopefully, will occur directly to the Martin family, a private conversation," said O'Mara. "To the community, I think he would just say don't prejudge him."

Sybrina said she wanted an apology. Thanks for this, it shows that he wasn't trying to make the "apology" public, as in the court room.

I don't agree that it should have been private though.

I would think any attorney would shocked to have his motives and tactics discovered on a web forum. The very concept of law requires an attorney to play all his cards very close to their chest. Sometimes lawyers make terrific poker players.

I never said Crump deserved special consideration. Where did you get that from? The only people who should be totally removed from the discussion are the Martins. None of us can speak to their motives since we are not in their shoes.
BBM: Wasn't sure what you meant; thanks for explaining.

Joe Oliver, NOT George Zimmerman, said those words.

If GZ thought it was just going to blow over, then why did he move out of the complex so fast?

I wonder if anyone else moved out of the complex at the same time?

But many here are in agreement that O'Mara is worse that Baez ever was, even though Baez falsely accused a grandfather of raping his daughter. And Crump is considered a hero, someone to be admired. I am just trying to point out that they are both just doing their jobs.

I don't agree with them. I screamed with rage and frustration when FCA was found not guilty. I was sure God had forsaken us. (Ok, I still feel that way sometimes) But JB, sleeze ball or best. defense. attorney. evah., did what he's supposed to do, defend his client to the best of his ability. I don't like the way he presented himself and I hope to high heaven I never need his defense skills. I find MO'M putting up a FB page a bit distasteful but I'm old, and while I can appreciate the technology of the social media age,... HEY, you KIDS get offa my LAWN!!!!!

Crump was the first one to hit the wagon on its way down the street. I don't blame him for that. How else does an attorney make a name for himself if he doesn't find that ONE BIG case? I believe he is quite sincere in his desire to help and speak for the Martins. They need all the help and guidance they can get. They need help with expenses just like the Zs. I doubt either is working or if so, rarely. Both might have burned any vacation they had. Maybe their employers are understanding but can't hold their positions open for them until this over.

I don't know and it's none of my business, just as what the Zs have spent so far is none of my business. I'm not a cold hearted beast, I can grasp the problems GZ is having right now. It's not a way to live, hiding out. It's late and I can't think of any names off the top of my head, but many other people accused of murder have received donations to their defense fund.

My biggest surprise so far was that GZ had only received $200k in donations. I was sure the NRA supporters and ALEC members would have ponied up a couple million by now.

Crump will represent his client's interests all as well as O'Mara will represent his client's interests.

They both did the same thing. Went on television and made statements asserting their client's positions regarding the private meeting.

Why would he even talk about a meeting that he is asserting is private, on the day before the hearing? I see that as very self-serving.

I for one would like them all to zip it but it isn't going to happen. Let the court handle this case. However one can't be criticized for doing the same thing the other is IMO.

No one is worse than the other IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members