17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sybrina said she wanted an apology. Thanks for this, it shows that he wasn't trying to make the "apology" public, as in the court room.

I don't agree that it should have been private though.

BBM

Truly curious, why? No need to make a public spectacle of the whole thing, just a simple meeting between the Martins and GZ. An apology for shooting their son, some prayer, some tears. They leave and the appropriate people make the appropriate announcement. While I strongly believe in the "people's right to know", that in no way means the people have to know everything about everything.

<snip>
Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, has said his client wants to meet with Martin's family. He did not explain why Zimmerman wants the meeting.

"I've talked a couple of times about the conversation that, hopefully, will occur directly to the Martin family, a private conversation," said O'Mara, according to Bay News 9.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/trayvo...uest-for-private-meeting-with-accused/1225872

I'm all about justice for Trayvon, so no cheap shots here.

But it appears to me that Crump's press conference was every bit as self-serving as others are suggesting GZ's statement in court was.

I've been working in the legal field too long to not recognize a duck when I hear it quack. I have all the admiration and respect for Tracy & Sybrina. Crump, not so much.

To be fair, O'Mara has done more than his fair share of quacking. All the while proclaiming he doesn't want the case tried in the media.

Joe Oliver, NOT George Zimmerman, said those words.

If GZ thought it was just going to blow over, then why did he move out of the complex so fast?

Because his mamma didn't raise no stupid children? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that originally, he had no idea what would happen. I think he was getting some advice from someone who knew which way the wind might blow.

Crump will represent his client's interests all as well as O'Mara will represent his client's interests.

They both did the same thing. Went on television and made statements asserting their client's positions regarding the private meeting.

O'Mara did not explain why his client wants the meeting, but said is that if it were to happen, it would be private -- just Zimmerman and Trayvon's parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton.

http://baynews9.com/content/news/ba...icles/cfn/2012/4/18/trayvon_martin_judge.html

Why would he even talk about a meeting that he is asserting is private, on the day before the hearing? I see that as very self-serving.

I for one would like them all to zip it but it isn't going to happen. Let the court handle this case. However one can't be criticized for doing the same thing the other is IMO.

No one is worse than the other IMO.

The difference, IMO, Crump lied and humiliated GZ and O'Mara in his press conference, he never spoke with O'Mara so he couldn't have known the family did not want an apology - until after the hearing, in that same press conference. JMO
JMO

After following the CA case for more than 3 years, I would like to see threads here with titles like, "Mark O'mara said" or "Angela Corey said". Within these threads we could include MSM links that have direct quotes or videos with their statements. These could be "no discussion" threads used for reference only.

Of course this is just my own probably jumbled opinion.

To be fair, O'Mara has done more than his fair share of quacking. All the while proclaiming he doesn't want the case tried in the media.

I could be wrong, but I haven't heard him talk about evidence.

The difference, IMO, Crump lied and humiliated GZ and O'Mara in his press conference, he never spoke with O'Mara so he couldn't have known the family did not want an apology - until after the hearing, in that same press conference. JMO
JMO

GZ could have avoided that by keeping his mouth shut at the bond hearing. If MO'M suggested he do it, then MO'M is a great big <modsnip>. It wasn't an apology, it was a self serving statement that explained and apologized for nothing. Better to have kept his mouth shut.

Most people with a guilty conscience HAVE to apologize, they want to salve their conscience. They don't apologize for what they've done wrong, they apologize because they're sorry about sitting in the hot seat.

I'm not about to dispute you because honestly, I was on vacation 5 days last week when most all of the quacking from whichever camp was happening. I didn't turn on any news or sign into WS! It's a miracle! I'm so proud of myself! lol

I will gladly concede I have never met a lawyer who didn't love the sound of their own voice though. :D

GZ could have avoided that by keeping his mouth shut at the bond hearing. If MO'M suggested he do it, then MO'M is a great big dumbass. It wasn't an apology, it was a self serving statement that explained and apologized for nothing. Better to have kept his mouth shut.

Most people with a guilty conscience HAVE to apologize, they want to salve their conscience. They don't apologize for what they've done wrong, they apologize because they're sorry about sitting in the hot seat.

Someone asked Trayvon's mother what she WANTED to hear from GZ, and she said three specific things. That he apologized, and IF he knew her son was an unarmed teenager.

GZ answered those exact questions. If I had not read her words, saying she wanted to hear that, then I would agree that he should not have spoken. But she did say that at one point, and then apparently the attorney said NO, we don't want to hear that.

BBM

Truly curious, why? No need to make a public spectacle of the whole thing, just a simple meeting between the Martins and GZ. An apology for shooting their son, some prayer, some tears. They leave and the appropriate people make the appropriate announcement. While I strongly believe in the "people's right to know", that in no way means the people have to know everything about everything.

Because it would be their word against his - and it seems Crump speaks for them, sometimes, IMO, putting words into their mouths. Not only that, but it would be extremely hard for me to have a private meeting with the person who was responsible for my child's death so soon after it happened, just don't think I could do it - maybe over the phone.

Because it would be their word against his - and it seems Crump speaks for them, sometimes, IMO, putting words into their mouths. Not only that, but it would be extremely hard for me to have a private meeting with the person who was responsible for my child's death so soon after it happened, just don't think I could do it - maybe over the phone.

That's why they didn't want to hear it at the bond hearing. Nobody needed to be present except for the immediate family and attorneys if requested. There would have been no need to lie about anything said. Neither side would have an advantage. IMHO, the public apology given by GZ at the hearing was 1) public and 2) not an apology. "I'm sorry for the loss of your son" is not an apology for shooting him. That's what dozens upon dozens of people said to me at my father's funeral. Everyone is sorry for someone else's loss.

I'm not about to dispute you because honestly, I was on vacation 5 days last week when most all of the quacking from whichever camp was happening. I didn't turn on any news or sign into WS! It's a miracle! I'm so proud of myself! lol

I will gladly concede I have never met a lawyer who didn't love the sound of their own voice though. :D

IMHO only one camp was quacking.

Someone asked Trayvon's mother what she WANTED to hear from GZ, and she said three specific things. That he apologized, and IF he knew her son was an unarmed teenager.

GZ answered those exact questions. If I had not read her words, saying she wanted to hear that, then I would agree that he should not have spoken. But she did say that at one point, and then apparently the attorney said NO, we don't want to hear that.

GZ did not apologize. GZ offered condolences.

I'm sorry I killed your son. Is an apology.

"I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son." Is offering condolences.

I could be wrong, but I think the timing was inappropriate.

But many here are in agreement that O'Mara is worse that Baez ever was, even though Baez falsely accused a grandfather of raping his daughter. And Crump is considered a hero, someone to be admired. I am just trying to point out that they are both just doing their jobs.

I think that's just a bit overblown, in my opinion. I don't think most people think O'Mara is "worse than Baez." And not everyone considers Crump a "hero" either - just a good attorney doing his job. I wouldn't assume that everyone here is jumping to one conclusion or another, or back and forth, or getting hysterical every time they see an attorney's name for either side. I don't see that happening. We are reacting to statements or events, not just jousting at attorneys. JMOO

I could be wrong, but I think the timing was inappropriate.

I agree. It might have been. But after I found out that O/Mara had called Crump for two days to ask about it, then I feel more understanding about the way it happened.

Exactly, it was immediate that he became the new attorney and began handling the case. Given that, I would expect that Crump would be professional and return his phone calls.

Silence speaks louder than words. MOM refused to listen to the message.

But many here are in agreement that O'Mara is worse that Baez ever was, even though Baez falsely accused a grandfather of raping his daughter. And Crump is considered a hero, someone to be admired. I am just trying to point out that they are both just doing their jobs.

I am gaining new opinions about O'mara everyday. Going forward I hope that he has more integrity than Baez.

I'm not sure why Crump is even in this equation, I haven't paid much attention to him, so he's not my hero.

I think that's just a bit overblown, in my opinion. I don't think most people think O'Mara is "worse than Baez." And not everyone considers Crump a "hero" either - just a good attorney doing his job. I wouldn't assume that everyone here is jumping to one conclusion or another, or back and forth, or getting hysterical every time they see an attorney's name for either side. I don't see that happening. We are reacting to statements or events, not just jousting at attorneys. JMOO

BBM

I agree that it is a bit overblown. But somebody posted that exact thing, "That O'Mara is much worse than Baez ever was," and many thanked the post.

Silence speaks louder than words. MOM refused to listen to the message.

But Crump never returned the call and gave him the message. Instead, he called a PRESS CONFERENCE, and lambasted O'Mara publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties