17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it was a slip, I think he is professional enough to make just the mistakes he planned to. It's not a coincidence that the one witness he failed to protect was the one who appears to be the most damaging to his client's case IMO.

I for one am looking forward to "her" testimony about the phone calls to TM.

I think that name slipped out. He said he was sorry and the judge seemed to accept that.

I don't, for one second, think he said that name to place that witness in danger or to have the media camping at her doorstep.

Show me one person on this planet that has not let something slip before and been sorry after.

I don't think there are any.

JMO

If he is the lawyer with the great track record and ethics that I keep reading about in the news and hearing on the television, letting something just slip might tell me he is being given too much credit for his professionalism. You can't put the tooth paste back in the tube no matter how many apologies to the court he made. He named not only a witness, but a 15 year old minor witness. NO slip. Intentional in my opinion. Because what happened? It took off over the internet. :nono: Sly like a fox he is.

We don't see the prosecutors out there in the streets in front of microphones at every given opportunity. If it hadn't been for Crump and Parks, there wouldn't be a case to discuss.

~jmo~

Prosecutors are not allowed to make public comments on TV as far as I know.

IDK, you make it sound like this is the only case on his schedule. You can't expect him not to make TV appearances, he's the lawyer for a defendant in one of the most polarizing cases this country has seen in some time. I haven't seen him once discuss any facts in the case. I haven't seen him present details and say 'look at how this makes my client look'. I see him doing what any defense lawyer would do and to be honest, if they weren't doing it, they wouldn't be a good defense lawyer.

He's playing to the media...one no comment will go a long way...then other media outlets will back off...When they see a defense attorney so eager to talk, they run with it...and put a microphone in his face knowing the attorney will give some comment...as long as it stays in the media, the dirtier the jury pool gets...

BBM

I don't think he has though. I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that shows that GZ has tried to hide from the events of that night. Yes, he has a certain version of what happened but I just do not see anything that says that he's not willing to answer for what happened.

Everyone wants to view or try to view GZ as a monster and I think he even knows this. I don't see him as a monster. I also don't see him as this cold blooded murderer, despite that fact that he did shoot and kill TM.

He's done everything possible to minimize and marginalize what he did and deflect himself from any responsibility. If not flat out attempt to justify it as some sort of act of heroism.

What other possible explanation could there be for his Edmund Burke quote at the bottom of each and every page of his self serving website?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing

He's playing to the media...one no comment will go a long way...then other media outlets will back off...When they see a defense attorney so eager to talk, they run with it...and put a microphone in his face knowing the attorney will give some comment...as long as it stays in the media, the dirtier the jury pool gets...

BBM

Respectfully, if you truly believe this, then you don't know the media very well. The media doesn't just 'go away' in a case like this and they not going to stop asking questions. Show me one big case where a defense attorney didn't say anything to the cameras and I'll concede your point that he shouldn't be talking to the media.

I do feel bad for the gf. If her account and testimony is to be used as evidence in the case, the defense has to go after her testimony, and hard. Glad she has her own attny. :cow:

He's done everything possible to minimize and marginalize what he did and deflect himself from any responsibility. If not flat out attempt to justify it as some sort of act of heroism.

What other possible explanation could there be for his Edmund Burke quote at the bottom of each and every page of his self serving website?

That is not the first time he's used that quote. He used the same quote when getting involved with trying to defend a black homeless man.

What exactly has he done to deflect his responsibilty. He doesn't believe he did anything wrong with calling 911 or seeing where TM was and that is his right. I've never seen or heard him deflect responsibility for shooting TM.

I don't believe it was a slip, I think he is professional enough to make just the mistakes he planned to. It's not a coincidence that the one witness he failed to protect was the one who appears to be the most damaging to his client's case IMO.

Defense attys are quite clever in that way, aren't they?

I DO agree the witnesses names should be protected until called to testify in a potential trial due to possible witness tampering. Both Oliver and Taafe have spoken publically in George's defense and have lived to tell about it.

I saw a one on one interview with Crump where he stated that Trayvon's gf was no longer a juvenile as she had turned 18, would be a credible witness, blah, blah blah. Does anyone recall this interview or did I dream this? If this interview exists that she is now a legal adult, then was it unethical for MOM to name her in court?

Considering this post rumor since I have no links to back it up. I lost everything when my laptop crashed.

MOO
wm

MOO

wm

BBM

Respectfully, if you truly believe this, then you don't know the media very well. The media doesn't just 'go away' in a case like this and they not going to stop asking questions. Show me one big case where a defense attorney didn't say anything to the cameras and I'll concede your point that he shouldn't be talking to the media.

If an attorney will continually say, NO COMMENT...and stick to it...they will eventually find someone else to use to sell their wares...if you truly want to see a fair trial, then don't comment. But when you really want to dirty the jury pool, then you continue to comment..I've been around long enough to know the difference..it's about the jury pool and the dirtier for the defense the better, just like the one who got acquitted, even as she was as guilty as sin itself...she got off due to the unethical attorney and dirty the jury pool, that in itself is the defense tactic...

Common sense goes a long way...

Why is it that it appears everything stated is restated over and over again..beat that dead horse to death....

That is not the first time he's used that quote. He used the same quote when getting involved with trying to defend a black homeless man.

What exactly has he done to deflect his responsibilty. He doesn't believe he did anything wrong with calling 911 or seeing where TM was and that is his right. I've never seen or heard him deflect responsibility for shooting TM.

Do you have a link for where that quote is attached to that event? Please and TIA

I read that she was 16 on February 26th, 2012. I have not found the link. But, if that is true, then she is either still 16 or just barely 17.

I'd offer this explanation:

GZ has incredibly bad judgment, and is not ashamed or afraid to confirm it.

(that's me being kind, actually.)

:cow:

BBM

I don't think he has though. I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that shows that GZ has tried to hide from the events of that night. Yes, he has a certain version of what happened but I just do not see anything that says that he's not willing to answer for what happened.

Everyone wants to view or try to view GZ as a monster and I think he even knows this. I don't see him as a monster. I also don't see him as this cold blooded murderer, despite that fact that he did shoot and kill TM.

BBM

Yes, and I'm sure it was merely coincidence that he moved out of his home and went "underground" immediately following the shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member