17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Oliver, NOT George Zimmerman, said those words.

If GZ thought it was just going to blow over, then why did he move out of the complex so fast?

But it appears those words were told to JOliver, so it had to come out of GZ's own mouth...and due to the national attention, the protests, the 'bounty', makes that 'blow over' statment did indeed come out of GZ's mouth...and the reason for him to high tail it out of Sanford and still is out of Sanford...he's not so big without his gun in tow...

Because he thought they SYG defense would be sufficent for this to 'blow over'....I believe if GZ did tell that to JOliver, it's only due to his allegedly using extreme force as his self defense tactic of being so frightened of an unarmed teen...who he said was early to late teens..then at the bond hearing when offering his 'condolences', he thought TM was a few years younger than he was...and unarmed...

No credibility...and his entire case depends heavily on credibility...

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cf...icles/cfn/2012/4/30/zimmerman_delay_of_d.html

Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, said he will delay a request for evidence from prosecutors because he is concerned about witnesses' safety.

Looks like a delay in a Doc Dump

Interesting. Why would he feel GZ would be any more at risk after a doc dump than he already is? Could there be some damning information he's not eager to be released?

Personally, I think it's so he can continue to sit back and try the case in the media while letting the money pile up in the fund he's set up for the both of them.

JMO

A few thoughts I've had regarding MOM and his defense activities...

I'd like to pose a rhetorical question - from a detached - or, if you will - neutral POV.

Is it possible to think someone is a teen from a distance, based on lighting, and whatever other cues (clothing, etc.) that can be employed from a distanace - then, once up close, to believe that person to be older?

(Point being: No one but GZ can say how old he thought TM was at the moment he pulled the trigger. MOM has it on record now, that GZ did not think TM was a kid when he killed him.)

MOM was not born yesterday nor did he begin his career yesterday (as someone else we're familiar with). Like it or not, MOM has mad skillz.

MOM's a criminal defense attorney with a very high rating and a long career. IMO, it's probably a good idea to assume the man is not a dolt, but, rather that he is very skillful.

Now, I don't have to like his skills, but I have to disagree with the idea that MOM makes serious mistakes every day. Rather, I'm thinking MOM makes deliberate strides in his strategy.

Has anyone read this on-line gzlegalcase.com?

I'm also thinking, MOM has some confidence that he can add significantly to that defense fund in the next 30 days - while this story is still HOT in the news. i.e. MOM wants to strike while the media iron is hot. He wanted his gzlegalcase.com website up and running prior to release of any discovery. He also wants his GZlegaldefense website approved and set up by the time 1st docs of discovery are released - since said discovery will throw the story into headlines again. Because of the risk that interest will wane while we await hearings/trial in this case, IMO he's set up these social media vehicles to create and keep interest alive and to create positive spin.

It's been pretty interesting watching him dance his client out of the paypal & client-created web-presence fiasco. JMHO.

That being said, I don't blame Crump for not wanting to tango. I also think Crump (and his clients) have the right to ignore MOM's calls at this point and frustrate MOM's efforts to humanize TM's killer.

IMO, wrongful death civil suit is also a back-up plan for Crump's clients.

JMHO, and some observations/thoughts so far.

He wasn't going off what Crump said perhaps. He was going off what SF said about wanting an apology. Is Crump going to continue to have to do damage control on what SF says because she has a kind heart and it doesn't mesh well with the sharp rhetoric that he is trying to convey when he's in front of a camera?

You know Cityslick she is a kind and gentle woman. Had that been me in the courtroom I am sure I would not have maintained my composure and had faith in the system after that stunt. I would probably be in jail for physically assaulting both men. I can't for the life of me understand why the legal system allows gamesmanship. It gives our legal system a black eye. FACT should all that is allowed. Not these lawyer games on either side.

I think the thinking behind the 'apology' or attempted 'apology' probably goes to if you think GZ is truly remorseful in the first place. Obviously if you don't think GZ is very remorseful to begin with, then it doesn't matter how many overtures GZ or his attorney try to make to TM's family or even how those overtures are even done.

JMO/IMO
Actually if someone is truly remorseful, they would never execute an ambush apology.

What happend on the stand MIGHT have been appropriate if GZ had stolen a woman's purse. That's about it. GZ is accused of murder. He's already dictated how Trayvon's life ended. He shouldn't have been allowed to force the family to hear him, at his dictated time and place. Do you see a pattern?

MOM made a grave error in encouraging/allowing/staging this.

Interesting. Why would he feel GZ would be any more at risk after a doc dump than he already is? Could there be some damning information he's not eager to be released?

Personally, I think it's so he can continue to sit back and try the case in the media while letting the money pile up in the fund he's set up for the both of them.

JMO

It appears MOM is trying to protect the witnesses, not GZ in the dump...but MOM already showed his character when he let the minor witnessess name slip from his mouth at the bond hearing..

MOM"s already aware of the five different accounts to GZ's statements and already struck back on that...He doesn't expect GZ to remember every detail, every sequence and will fall to the forensics of this case...so, he's well aware he's got a fight on his hands and also has stated, he's not sure if the SYG defense will be used at this point, he needs the evidence, discovery evidence from the State...

JMO

Does MOM simply appearing in front of a camera qualify as 'trying to case in the media' or does what he says in front of the camera have bearing?

You know Cityslick she is a kind and gentle woman. Had that been me in the courtroom I am sure I would not have maintained my composure and had faith in the system after that stunt. I would probably be in jail for physically assaulting both men. I can't for the life of me understand why the legal system allows gamesmanship. It gives our legal system a black eye. FACT should all that is allowed. Not these lawyer games on either side.

JMO/IMO
Actually if someone is truly remorseful, they would never execute an ambush apology.

What happend on the stand MIGHT have been appropriate if GZ had stolen a woman's purse. That's about it. GZ is accused of murder. He's already dictated how Trayvon's life ended. He shouldn't have been allowed to force the family to hear him, at his dictated time and place. Do you see a pattern?

Had that been me, I'd have gotten up and walked right out of that courtroom while GZ was stateing his name...he didn't offer an apology, just condolences and told and untruth there too...He knew full well that TM was mid to late teens...that's more than just a few years younger than him...

GZ is self serving, all that was was a statement to 'clear' his conscience...and it really didn't feel like it came from his heart, they were only words spoken..:banghead:

I think O'Mama knows that discovery is going to be Zimmerman's downfall so he needs to delay it as long as possible. He sees dollar signs in his eyes right now so he figures he better get it while its hot. I sure hope there isn't a mutiny once all those supporters and donators realize they've been had.

~jmo~

O'Mara's refusal to get discovery, that the Media requested, keeps the media involved and the story hot. O'Mara kills two birds with one stone...irritate/agitate the media thereby giving the story life. He does this by refusing or delaying the transfer of discovery all while keeping the dollars rolling in (his dollars.) IMO and all that.

JMO

Not GZ, the witnesses.

They don't need targets drawn over the photos like GZ has had done to him.

I think O'Mama knows that discovery is going to be Zimmerman's downfall so he needs to delay it as long as possible. He sees dollar signs in his eyes right now so he figures he better get it while its hot. I sure hope there isn't a mutiny once all those supporters and donators realize they've been had.

~jmo~

Didn't he waive his right to a speedy trial? This could be at least 18 months to 2 years away, so there's really no hurry for fiscovery...but he might want it quicker than that to get his game plan in order...

He knows, Adrienne...and I believe he also knows that GZ is a loose cannon...I do hope if the State gets GZ on the stand, they just let him talk...he'll talk his way into a guilty verdict...:banghead:

JMO/IMO

Ok, but what if he was truly sorry? Perhaps he's not sorry per se of his actions because he truly believes he was warranted in what took place that night, but what if he's sorry that someone died? What if he's sorry that his gun went off that night? I've seen many on here who stand fully behind GZ being guilty but also saying that they do not believe GZ ever intended to kill anyone that night.

How would he go about that? I'm not saying what he said on the stand is correct because I also believe it was for his benefit but how exactly can he show that he never meant things to happen the way it did that night? Issue a statement? Put something on the website?

:waitasec:All I got out of MOM not requesting "info" is to keep witnesses protected. idk

O'Mara's refusal to get discovery, that the Media requested, keeps the media involved and the story hot. O'Mara kills two birds with one stone...irritate/agitate the media thereby giving the story life. He does this by refusing or delaying the transfer of discovery all while keeping the dollars rolling in (his dollars.)

Or it could be as simple as he wants to protect the witnesses.
:waitasec:

Fight over public's right to know intensifies as lawyers disagree about record law

The special prosecutor's office on Friday refused to make that evidence public -- even though an attorney fighting for the public's access insists Friday was when Florida law required Corey to share the evidence with the millions of people following the case.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/La...ence/-/1637132/12190668/-/g2ilu2/-/index.html
It was at O'Mara's request...the SA agreed and the Judge to review the paperwork to redact names and other identifying info about witnesses and/or potential witnesses on both sides.

:waitasec:All I got out of MOM not requesting "info" is to keep witnesses protected. idk

You are correct Elley. It is to protect the witnesses, yet O'Mara named a "minor" witness in court. I guess that name didn't much matter to him. All of the witnesses should be afforded protection in my eyes.

JMO

It's not set up yet.

And ... I'm thinking the opposite. I'm thinking MOM expects more funds to roll in thanks to doc dump, so he's delaying doc dump until his donation site is approved and set up.

We still have to hear from the judge regarding his review of paypal acct/bail situation, and MOM's suggestion that GZ defense funds stay in a trust that MOM will keep collecting into.

:cow:

Does MOM simply appearing in front of a camera qualify as 'trying to case in the media' or does what he says in front of the camera have bearing?

Both.

Let me ask you this... how is it he has an abundance of time to make his prolific appearances on his media tour while at the same time he claims he hasn't had time to review a simple motion? His priorities are showing.

You are correct Elley. It is to protect the witnesses, yet O'Mara named a "minor" witness in court. I guess that name didn't much matter to him. All of the witnesses should be afforded protection in my eyes.

I think that name slipped out. He said he was sorry and the judge seemed to accept that.

I don't, for one second, think he said that name to place that witness in danger or to have the media camping at her doorstep.

Show me one person on this planet that has not let something slip before and been sorry after.

I don't think there are any.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads