17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bond hearing he said he did not know, at the time, how old Trayvon was. And he probably didn't know for sure. Just because he gave an estimate to the dispatcher, a guess, of how old he seemed to be, that does not mean he KNEW how old Trayvon was.

So he did not LIE on the stand. He didn't know for sure how old he was, and he didn't know if he was armed or not. Those are not lies, imo.

I don't think GZ response was because he did not know exactly how old TM was only that he was not a teen which is not consistent with what he told dispatch. TM was a lanky, still growing and had not filled out yet kid. He clearly was not a 25 plus something years old. jmo

Well, he WAS a lawyer, and one of his quotes, [Rufus Rockwell Wilson, Lincoln Among His Friends: A Sheaf of Intimate Memories (Philip Clark, "A Friend of Lincoln's New Salem Days"), p. 65.], is, "I hain't been caught Lying yet, and I don't mean to be."

Of course, from a person who has used many lawyers over the years, I have to point out that he said he hadn't been CAUGHT, not that he hadn't LIED, LMAO!

Lawyers aren't under oath in court, are they? Unless they're the defendant or a witness.

No, but the phrase, "I was on the phone with my boyfriend who stated to me that someone was following him and he was scared, then I heard a scuffle and the line went dead. He is not answering his phone now and I am worried..." THAT would have gotten a response.

Because she knew his exact location, right?

I was just referring to how many statements GZ had given not necessarily that they were inconsistent. We know he gave an unrecorded statement to LE stating he shot TM. He also gave an unrecorded statement to the EMT that he kept calling for help. The narcotics officer took a statement which I'm assuming was recorded. The homocide detective took a statement which we can assume was recorded. He did a reenactment the next morning which would be another statement, recorded. And he admits to giving a statement on the evening of February 27th which IMO was recorded. So it does appear he gave more than 3 statements and at least 4 were recorded. Let me add, one would hope. jmo
Jumping off this post to ask:

At what point in all this, or in the timeline, did Serino reportedly tell Tracy Martin that GZ's story was "squeaky clean," and that he was going to try to catch him in a lie? TIA

It was one of the questions Trayvon's mother specifically said she wanted an answer to, iirc

Considering she lost her baby boy I would think there would be a lot of questions that Sabrina wants answered. GZ's explanation was self serving and totally ridiculous!

There was barely a response to Trayvon's body laying there dead on the grass. They did a half-arse crime scene investigation and did a drug test on a dead young man laying there in the grass and you really really think they would have rushed out there if Trayvon's gf would have called 911. I think that is a fantasy.

They may not have but it sure would bolster her story had she made an attempt to report something.

The few bits and pieces of what we've been told regarding George's statements to LE, IMO, are very similar and certainly NOT inconsistent with one another. It's the same story every time you read it. It doesn't matter whether it's Robert Z's account of a reenactment:

his detailed version from the Sean Hannity interview.....:

the "leaked" and verified Orlando Sentinel article.....:

or from the Bond Hearing transcript.....:

They're all more or less the same simple story. GZ got out of his vehicle and followed TM for 18 seconds......then continued ahead (140 feet) to the next street for an address......got the address and was walking back to his vehicle (97 feet) when TM attacked him. Simple, consistent story, no doubt.

Wonder if any of the police officers checked the time when this reenactment stroll started and ended?

:rocker:

Not to mention late teens could mean 18 - 19.

An age difference of 9 years would still be about one third of GZ's current age. I wouldn't call that just a little bit younger.

80 might be just a little bit younger when you're 89 but 9 or 10 years are the whole of his adult life so far.

They may not have but it sure would bolster her story had she made an attempt to report something.
Why? When she was 250 miles away with no address to give Sanford PD. :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:Miami PD sure as heck wouldn't have responded...

Lawyers aren't under oath in court, are they? Unless they're the defendant or a witness.

While not directly under oath in the court, they are under an oath of the bar to not allow perjury, close enough for me.

Well, he WAS a lawyer, and one of his quotes, [Rufus Rockwell Wilson, Lincoln Among His Friends: A Sheaf of Intimate Memories (Philip Clark, "A Friend of Lincoln's New Salem Days"), p. 65.], is, "I hain't been caught Lying yet, and I don't mean to be."

Of course, from a person who has used many lawyers over the years, I have to point out that he said he hadn't been CAUGHT, not that he hadn't LIED, LMAO!

He seemed pretty certain he would never get caught and that could be because he never lied. I'm sure whatever Lincoln said was hashed over hundreds of times to find some type of error on his part. Obviously Lincoln knew what he meant when he spoke those words. jmo

Why? When she was 250 miles away with no address to give Sanford PD. :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:Miami PD sure as heck wouldn't have responded...

Of course not, but they could have relayed a message. I am sure she knew he was at The Retreat in Sanford. Maybe a call to his DAD or MOM? SOMETHING to indicate she was as concerned at the time as she claimed to be after the fact.

While not directly under oath in the court, they are under an oath of the bar to not allow perjury, close enough for me.

And it's not perjury to MOM until he receives the discovery. jmo

Great post!
Something I would like to see them clarify (because it seems inconsistent or otherwise mysterious to me) is this:

If I've understood GZ's story correctly or if it's been relayed correctly by the various second hand sources he says he saw TM from his vehicle when he was driving to Target. He thought TM was suspicious,stopped, parked his truck and called 911 to report a suspicious individual.
Two minutes into the call, TM started coming toward GZ, staring at him, then took off running. "A beeping sound is heard, indicating that he has opened his car door." Zimmerman went after Trayvon and, out of breath, muttered profanities. He lost sight of him.Link
He exited his truck and started following TM on foot
But he didn't know where TM was, just that he was headed toward the back gate.
but was almost immediately told to stop by the dispatcher, which he did. He changed direction and went to get an address from somewhere that TM wasn't at, then turned back to walk to his truck. At this point an irate TM attacked him and asked him, why are you following me, or what's your problem homes, or something to that effect. Possibly he asked first and attacked second, I'm not completely sure.
I don't know that I believe TM was irate, his g/f said he seemed scared. Good point though, why would he be irate if he was running "scared". I could see him being irate if he had been up to something and thought GZ was screwing things up for him. According to the g/f, TM asked first: "why are you following me", "what are you stopping me for". GZ said, "I'm not", or "who are you". Both have a variety of versions. GZ had stopped following him 2 minutes before this altercation, and the g/f said TM told her he lost him. So how could he perceive that GZ was still following?
Does this sound about right?
Save for the part where Trayvon is either running scared (of GZ or of getting caught at something), or running home.
If so... why did TM attack GZ? Whatever had GZ done to attract his attention at all? Why on earth would he be mad at somebody who sits in his truck having a phone conversation, then walks a very short distance towards him, then turns and goes away?
I don't think he was walking toward him when he ran away, it was TM, according to the 911 call, walking toward GZ.
He didn't own the retreat so he wouldn't have had the expectation that he should have all the sidewalks for himself. It wouldn't have appeared like GZ was following him if he turned away very shortly. GZ says he didn't confront TM to make any demands of him.
IIRC, GZ never said he confronted TM at all.
So why would TM even notice him? Why would he think that GZ was following him? Why would he think that GZ had a problem? Why would he be mad enough to beat him up?
Great question, why? Why did he run and suddenly decide he was mad enough to go back? Did he actually make it home, drop something off, and come back around to confront this guy who he thinks might have witnessed something?
If TM had heard the 911 conversation he could have been mad about GZ reporting him but would he have started a fight if he knew that the police was already on the way? it sounds like a certain way to be busted, and the impression I get from the 911 call is that TM wasn't close enough to hear the conversation anyway.
I agree, I doubt he heard any part of the 911 call.

Another question, which will explain my comments above, why did Tracy Martin call the Juvenile Justice dept., and the Sheriff's Dept. to see if they'd picked TM up, before calling the non-emergency number? Link
"“I had [his girlfriend] call juvenile justice, just to check and see if anyone by the name of Trayvon Martin had been picked up. No Trayvon Martin,” the father told NNPA. “My next call was to the Seminole County Sheriff’s Department to see if any kid had been picked up.

“My third call was to a non-emergency number at the Seminole County Sheriff’s

Department and I informed them that I was filing a missing person’s report."

I'm sure that's true, but I'm also sure that the furthest thing from her mind was that her boyfriend was shot dead by some gun toting vigalante looking to make sure "they don't get away again"

Not from Miami PD, it wouldn't.:snooty: It was just stated they are 250 miles away, and she didn't have an address to give Sanford PD, and they were already on their way!

So then its not worth trying I guess your saying?

Comments
Share559

George Zimmerman told investigators that while he was on the phone with a Sanford police dispatcher reporting Trayvon Martin as suspicious, the teenager was circling his vehicle on foot, a source familiar with the investigation told the Orlando Sentinel.

The source said Zimmerman's account of events hasn't changed in his several statements to police — in which he said he was so unnerved by the teen's behavior that he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation. However, he never mentioned any of that while talking to the dispatcher.

This article is awesome!!

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...secutor-angela-corey-source-police-department

Of course not, but they could have relayed a message. I am sure she knew he was at The Retreat in Sanford. Maybe a call to his DAD or MOM? SOMETHING to indicate she was as concerned at the time as she claimed to be after the fact.

TM's parents did not know who she was. I doubt she even knew who they were or where to find them until everything hit the papers. Adults make adult decisions, kids don't usually have enough life experience to know exactly what to do. We think like adults, kids......not so much. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73