17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is secrecy justified in George Zimmerman case?

Experts question whether evidence can remain under wraps

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Is...7132/12514756/-/item/0/-/j4gnokz/-/index.html

Interesting information.

Very interesting, indeed...thank you, Suzi! When we were discussing this the other day, I tried to research the FL Rules of Criminal Procedure to find an answer. I could see where the state had 15 days from demand of the defense to turn over discovery, and then the defense having 15 days from that time to turn over their own to the state. But I couldn't find a thing about the state allowing public access to discovery if the defense hadn't accepted it within the 15 days.

I imagine it would be worth the big bucks it would take to litigate this for major media outlets. The sooner they can get something new, the more viewers and clicks they'll receive. Maybe some of the media will do a joint motion for access.

Very nice reporting by Sean Lavin. Great to see someone really research the matter and explain it so well.

And said what?

"My call with my boyfriend was disconnected. He is somewhere 250 miles away; I don't know the address. But I heard a stranger ask him a couple of questions."

Somehow I don't see 911 jumping on that one... I'm not sure *I* would have known what to do under those circumstances and I'm a lot older than 15.

No, but the phrase, "I was on the phone with my boyfriend who stated to me that someone was following him and he was scared, then I heard a scuffle and the line went dead. He is not answering his phone now and I am worried..." THAT would have gotten a response.

When the LE dispatcher asked GZ how old he thought TM was he said late teens. On the stand he said a little younger than he was. (25, 26???). That's the lie. Could be he forgot what he told the dispatcher. I think GZ may have a history of telling people what they want to hear. At the bond hearing he was clearly trying to redeem himself in the eyes of the Martins. jmo

Easily explained, because "a little younger" is an undefined term. he is 28, 11 years younger could BE "a little younger" to him.

No, but the phrase, "I was on the phone with my boyfriend who stated to me that someone was following him and he was scared, then I heard a scuffle and the line went dead. He is not answering his phone now and I am worried..." THAT would have gotten a response.

There was barely a response to Trayvon's body laying there dead on the grass. They did a half-arse crime scene investigation and did a drug test on a dead young man laying there in the grass and you really really think they would have rushed out there if Trayvon's gf would have called 911. I think that is a fantasy.

Easily explained, because "a little younger" is an undefined term. he is 28, 11 years younger could BE "a little younger" to him.

I don't think so because the context of the statement was imo intended to convey that he thought TM was older than what he turned out to be. He also said that he didn't know if TM was armed. It's an explanation intended to imply that lack of information was a factor here.

It makes no sense for him to say, "I thought he was just a little younger" in the way of an explanation if it means, "I thought he was about 17 and I was right".

Sybrina Fulton had said she wanted to know if GZ knew that TM was a minor and GZ was trying to respond to that that he didn't.

Nah......that wouldn't fly even at my age. lol

I truly don't understand what difference his age makes. It would have been ok to shoot him if he were a little older??? :banghead:

I think it's possible that once he saw Trayvon up close he thought he was older than he had originally thought when seeing him from a distance. Particularly since Trayvon was quite a bit taller than George, and quite a bit taller than average, as well.

Not saying that's the true explanation. Just one thing that occurred to me.

I truly don't understand what difference his age makes. It would have been ok to shoot him if he were a little older??? :banghead:

Well, lets be BLATANTLY honest, "White Man Shoots Black Child" makes for a better headline than, "Latino Man Shoots Black Man"

I don't see the significance either. But I think those opposing GZ's side of the story are trying to make a case that if he lied about the age, he MUST have lied about the shooting. Personally, I bet Abe Lincoln still occasionally told a fib, that doesn't make him a liar in everything.

It was one of the questions Trayvon's mother specifically said she wanted an answer to, iirc

He would have had to be outside in order to lock the patio doors, since they are on the outside perimeter of the patio fence. JMO

You Lost me mommakk51. Not at all being snarky, just think I'm not getting what you are saying. Are you saying he had to be outside his patio doors to lock them? I'm sure I'm just not getting what you are saying because that doesn't make sense. TIA for explaining this to me.

Well, lets be BLATANTLY honest, "White Man Shoots Black Child" makes for a better headline than, "Latino Man Shoots Black Man"

I don't see the significance either. But I think those opposing GZ's side of the story are trying to make a case that if he lied about the age, he MUST have lied about the shooting. Personally, I bet Abe Lincoln still occasionally told a fib, that doesn't make him a liar in everything.

No but how often did Abe Lincoln lie under oath?

Do you call 911 everytime you lose someone on a cell phone?

If they tell me they are being followed, that they are scared and I hear the beginning of a confrontation, I would call 911 every time.

When the LE dispatcher asked GZ how old he thought TM was he said late teens. On the stand he said a little younger than he was. (25, 26???). That's the lie. Could be he forgot what he told the dispatcher. I think GZ may have a history of telling people what they want to hear. At the bond hearing he was clearly trying to redeem himself in the eyes of the Martins. jmo

At the bond hearing he said he did not know, at the time, how old Trayvon was. And he probably didn't know for sure. Just because he gave an estimate to the dispatcher, a guess, of how old he seemed to be, that does not mean he KNEW how old Trayvon was.

So he did not LIE on the stand. He didn't know for sure how old he was, and he didn't know if he was armed or not. Those are not lies, imo.

Not from Miami PD, it wouldn't.:snooty: It was just stated they are 250 miles away, and she didn't have an address to give Sanford PD, and they were already on their way!

I'm aware of "Jon" at 2861 Retreat View, however he is not witness "John". I understand the confusion, but let me point out two things.

This is 2861 Retreat View:

TMSneak.jpg

Notice the exterior paint scheme? Alternating buildings are darker in body color with white trim as is this building where "Jon" owns.

Now watch the video and listen to the interview of "John". It is clearly the witness that alleges to have seen the red sweater on bottom, etc. His interview is word for word what has been widely discussed and reported.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

Notice the color scheme of "John's" building and addy of 1221 Twin Trees Lane. It is the lighter body with darker trim.

TMJohn.png

Hmm,, yes, I do notice a color difference between the different rows of buildings, also duly noted that there was no enclosed patio on 2861. However, I found no John at all on Twin Trees Lane... maybe I am using the wrong site to search? Here is what I have:
http://www.seminoletax.org/dev/addresslist.asp?DataSearch=TWIN+TREES&Results=10&CurrentPage=1 :moo:

No but how often did Abe Lincoln lie under oath?

Well, he WAS a lawyer, and one of his quotes, [Rufus Rockwell Wilson, Lincoln Among His Friends: A Sheaf of Intimate Memories (Philip Clark, "A Friend of Lincoln's New Salem Days"), p. 65.], is, "I hain't been caught Lying yet, and I don't mean to be."

Of course, from a person who has used many lawyers over the years, I have to point out that he said he hadn't been CAUGHT, not that he hadn't LIED, LMAO!

At the bond hearing he said he did not know, at the time, how old Trayvon was. And he probably didn't know for sure. Just because he gave an estimate to the dispatcher, a guess, of how old he seemed to be, that does not mean he KNEW how old Trayvon was.

So he did not LIE on the stand. He didn't know for sure how old he was, and he didn't know if he was armed or not. Those are not lies, imo.

I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son. I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know if he was armed or not.

It was true he did not know how old TM was and that he did not know if TM was armed but the "i thought he was a little bit younger than I am" part was a lie unless he lied to the dispatcher when he said late teens.

IMO.

I don't think TM would have looked older when seen close up.
I think most people would be more likely to mistake the age of a tall guy seen from a distance as older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dstewart