18 y/o Black male shot dead by Police in St Louis suburb of Berkeley MO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish LE would start using teargas everywhere and every time these mobs start this crap. If they don't disperse after being ordered to do so, I have no problem with LE doing what they can to force them to disperse. This insanity must end.

It is insanity. Thugs being lionized in order to justify lawlessness. Why is it being encouraged in certain circles? What is the end game?

LEO are being put in very untenable situations. Some strong leadership is desperately needed to put the kibosh on this nonsense.

I'll be waiting with bated breath for that to happen.

I was actually proud of LE in L.A. when the protesters got unruly. When they didn't stay where they were allowed to protest, and were making threats to LE and blocking traffic, a few buses were brought in and arrests were made in mass. It seemed to deescalate rather quickly at that point.

I thought L.A. looked more like Tiananmen Square than America. We're better than all of this. We are permitted to protest peacefully and the rule L.A. had (you had to keep moving) was embarrassing. Listen to the BBC and other foreign English speaking newscast. They are so surprised L.E. and citizens have guns. We can amend the Constitution (free speech-but you can yell "fire" in a crowded theatre etc), why can't we amend the gun laws to something that is not third world and become the country we pretend to be? ^i^

The ACLU went to court and prevented LE from using tear gas on the marchers in St Louis. IIRC

I think they can use it under certain conditions but all the protestors fail to mention the ""certain conditions" part and just say they can't use it.

http://http://www.wsj.com/articles/judge-issues-temporary-order-on-use-of-tear-gas-in-ferguson-protests-1418411907

ETA: It looks like if you use the link, you can't read the whole article. If you google the terms "judge orders ferguson tear gas" you should be able to find the article in a form you can read....at least that's the way I found it.

I am more concerned with why the dashcam was not in use. I can see an officer being assigned a body cam that very shift and not having begun using it as yet. But the dashcam was already there. Why was it not in use?

Belmar stated in the 7am presser that the dash cam was not on because the officer's red lights were not on. Apparently the dash cams only activate when the red lights are on. MOO

Here is an article on the injunction:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/ferguson-protesters-win-injunction-stop-cops-using-tear-gas

Ferguson protesters win injunction to stop cops using tear gas
12/11/14 09:56 PM—UPDATED 12/12/14 12:45 AM

By Trymaine Lee

FERGUSON, Missouri – A federal judge ruled Thursday that police can no longer use tear gas on protesters without declaring an illegal assembly, giving them fair warning and time to vacate the area.

The temporary restraining order comes just weeks after the last rounds of heavy protest in Ferguson in response to a St. Louis County grand jury’s decision not to indict the police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown Jr. A group of protesters had filed the lawsuit asking for a restriction on police use of tear gas and excessive force during demonstrations.

"U.S. Federal Judge Carol Jackson heard testimony for nine hours, from plaintiffs as well as police from St. Louis County and the city of St. Louis, according to Brendan Roediger, one of the lead attorney’s on the case.

“Ultimately she decided there was substantial evidence that police had violated the constitutional rights of the protesters, that it was a restriction on their free speech,” Roediger told msnbc shortly after the judge made her ruling."​

Much more...

I thought L.A. looked more like Tiananmen Square than America. We're better than all of this. We are permitted to protest peacefully and the rule L.A. had (you had to keep moving) was embarrassing. Listen to the BBC and other foreign English speaking newscast. They are so surprised L.E. and citizens have guns. We can amend the Constitution (free speech-but you can yell "fire" in a crowded theatre etc), why can't we amend the gun laws to something that is not third world and become the country we pretend to be? ^i^

While I completely respect your opinion, I think that comparing Tiananmen Square to what happened in L.A. last month is a real stretch. I vividly recall watching what happened in China on T.V. The Chinese army moved in and opened fire, killing countless people. In Los Angeles, no U.S. forces were deployed, there were no tanks in the streets. More importantly, no one was killed and no businesses burned. We can agree to disagree on this one. :)

In 1989, after several weeks of demonstrations, Chinese troops entered Tiananmen Square on June 4 and fired on civilians.
Estimates of the death toll range from several hundred to thousands.
It has been estimated that as many as 10,000 people were arrested during and after the protests.
Several dozen people have been executed for their parts in the demonstrations.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/15/world/asia/tiananmen-square-fast-facts/

Well everyone, I'm off until after Christmas. I wish you all the happiness of the holiday season and I pray we will have the comfort of peace in the upcoming year! :sleigh:

Chief Belmar explained in the morning presser that the officer didn't get a bodycam at rollcall. He received it later, but didn't get a chance to put it on.

Because the 2nd Amendment guarantees your 1st Amendment rights.

So killer cop in this instance was given a bodycam that day but did not turn it on.
His squad car was also equipped with a dash cam yet wasn't turned on.
Grainy video released from the gas station doesn't show us the shooting. There were plenty of cameras all over that gas station. This is all they had? And they cut it off before we see what happens?
And they wonder why nobody trusts them?

yikes,.....his red lights were off....for the per pose I suppose of surprising the thieves......

you can see a gun raised towards to officer.....they cut the vid for the purpose of protecting the deceased loved ones....sheesh....calm down peeps

In the first video the person with AM runs back into the store. I think it would be easy to ID him. If I'm seeing right, in the second video? LE stumbles backward after firing, something (possibly his guns) goes flying & then he runs for cover?

Belmar said this morning that the officer lost his flashlight when he stumbled. I believe that is what we see go flying. MOO

We need leadership!!

Where's our captain of our Star Ship Enterprise?

Never mind......

So killer cop in this instance was given a bodycam that day but did not turn it on.
Grainy video released from the gas station doesn't show us the shooting. There were plenty of cameras all over that gas station. This is all they had? And they cut it off before we see what happens?

Would that be the "killer" cop who was defending himself from the "killer "?

Alright, he is clearly running AT THE OFFICER with his arm outstretched pointing a shiny object at him. What else could the teen be pointing at him?

And the kid had a recent arrest for armed robbery and earlier ones for assault and gun charges. So what are we supposed to think. Why would you say the cops cannot be trusted as opposed to the young criminal is not to be trusted? He is the one seen aggressively charging the cop.

It just amazes me that no one in the community seems to want to accept that some of their young men are acting violently towards the cops. It is easier to conclude that the cops are KKK members and are just picking the innocent kids off , one by one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katarinadil
Back